Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sub-boards for YaBB 2! (New! and Improved!) (Read 114353 times)
Imp_In_Training
God Member

Don't follow me, I'm lost
too!

Re: Sub-boards for YaBB 2! (New! and Improved!)
Reply #315 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 8:24am
Print Post  
By default, they do not appear on your main forum menu.  Only the Parent Boards show up at 'Home'.  You should be able to see a list of the sub-boards available beneath the description of the Parent Board.

I have a question.  My Global Moderator has made a few Sub-Boards underneath Sub-Boards.  Is that hazardous?

IP Logged

jhamann

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #316 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Yes but when I then click on the parent board the sub-board is not there under that parent I put it under in admin. In the Admin screen it says it was created fine and I can edit and see it there?? I can move the sub-boards up and down etc in admin but return to forum and nothing there...tired creating sub-boards under diferent categories and the changes dont show up either ....

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #317 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Ah, I think I know what might be going on.  Do you have multiple templates that you use?  And if so, are you looking at the default template, or something else?

See, the mod makes the changes necessary to your default template - MessageIndex file.  However, it won't make changes to other templates you have in use.  You have to change the mod to take those into effect, or make the changes manually.

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #318 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Hi BRO_co03 & Ferazelt

Sorry to bother you guys.

I have been adding mods again to my site and have added the Sub-Boards. What a great mod. I am having to do them all manually now with so many existing mods installed. However I have noticed that my Recent Posts Bar, which I Love.., doesn't show any messages that are posted in the sub boards. I had a look through some relevant messages in boardMod but couldn't find an answer. Have I done something wrong? and if not, is there a fix for this? It's not impossible that I have made a mistake some where.

I had a quick chat with Irwin (Superman) who I believe has a similar problem. Both of these mods are important and I'm sure that there must be others out there that need to have both running together.

Is this something that you could both look at and see what can be done? Your help would be most appreciated. I am happy to do any testing that is required.

I am adding this to BoardMod also because I can't find an email address for "BRO_co03"

All the best and thanks for reading.

Charles

IP Logged

jhamann

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #319 - Apr 21st, 2007 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Hi Imp_In_Training,

I have tried a few things to get sub-boards to show up properly. I ended up finding the sub-board I created in my forum if you use the drop down - jump to shortcut links - but they still dont show up in the parent board above. I have followed the install to the letter and even re-installed the mod again and the forum to make sure I hadn't missed or not uploaded something and reverted back to the default template. Even in my other template I had the same problem.

If I create a post in a sub-board it shows up in the parent count and then when you click down to go to the sub-board, the sub-board isnt there.

Can I edit the board index manually somehow?

Any clues?

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #320 - Apr 21st, 2007 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Go into your Admin menu, and to the Forum Layout section - Template settings. 

You'll see it comes up with 'default/default.html' template to edit.

Go to the bottom of that window and use the drop-down option to select 'default/MessageIndex'.

Look in there, scroll down until you see the first occurence of:
Code
Select All
<!-- Navigation Bar end -->

and you should see directly below it:

Code
Select All
<!-- Sub-Board block start, should be left as is -->

<yabb subboardblock>

<!-- Sub-Board block end, should be left as is -->

If it's not there, then either the mod malfunctioned in the installation of that step, or you didn't upload the MessageIndex.template file to the right place.  That's pretty much what makes the Sub-boards appear in the parent board display. They should (by default) show up before the message threads.

IP Logged

jhamann

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #321 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Thanks very much. That's exactly what the problem was and I fixed it and the sub-boards mod is working fine now. I can progress with a build and am very happy. Cheers.

Next problems - portal, calendar and RSS feeds - woo hoo!

JH

IP Logged

Andi

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #322 - May 7th, 2007 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Hi everybody,

my "Read All as Read"-Problem mentioned above is not solved unfortunately, but I'm living wirth it.

I'm now facing a different problem. It's probably not even a bug but maybe someone can point to where I can change it:

I am using the sub-boards for regular book discussions once a month. For each discussion I open up a new sub-board. But each new sub-board gets attached to the end of the board list. This is quite annoying, because just like new threads I'd like to find new sub-board at the top of the list.

I found the "Order Sub-Board" function in the admin center. So I can pull the new baord to the top.

But: Next time I add a new sub-board the entire order gets re-arranged back to original order (oldest on top, newest below).

The more sub-boards I create the more work it gets to constantly re-order the whole list.

So this is the question: Is there a way to keep the order of the aub-boards the way they are when adding a new sub-board?

Andreas

IP Logged

ChiMoHe

I love YaBB 2.2

Reply #323 - May 17th, 2007 at 3:58am
Print Post  
greetings

after I uninstalled subboards 1.0.7 and installed 1.0.8
none of the subboards are there listed in admin or on the main boards any more.  

I looked at forum.master and all the info for them are there as well as all the .txt in Boards are still there

I have 50 subboards under one board and 27 under another board

Is there a way to get them back without having to recreate them again?

Thanx

Edited:
ok ... I opened up forum.master and copied $sboard{'  and changed it to $cat

then reordered them ...

« Last Edit: May 18th, 2007 at 2:00pm by ChiMoHe »  

soundcloud.com/chimohe
IP Logged

dgandy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #324 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Great mod BRO_co03. It works great. I have a question. I don't think it has been covered yet. I looked through the posts here already.

Is there a way to change the sub-category list display to be in <li> format instead of separated by commas?

Thank you again.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

gman

The Mod Mangler <HeLp_mE>

Reply #325 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I had little dilemma on this install

on step 9 in admin/manageboards.pl

it looks for  
Code
Select All
		push(@boardcontrol, "gender$i\"}\n"); 

but instead it finds this:
Code
Select All
push(@boardcontrol, "gender$i\"}|$FORM

the difference appears to be at the very end?  I am not sure the best way to take care of this?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  thnx  Smiley

Unfortunately, prior to my birth, Missouri had not outlawed inbreeding.
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

TwizztiD

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #326 - Sep 22nd, 2007 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Im having troubles with step 52/53, in both steps it seems to be searchign for two non-existant lines in my display.template file

Quote:
Step 52 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 53 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Sad I could of easily missed this question before in teh 22 pages but I tried to go through them

IP Logged

LWS

seek and ye shall find...i
must be BLIND!!

Reply #327 - Sep 22nd, 2007 at 11:49am
Print Post  
search string could not be found errors can result from 2 things....most common...it is due to spaces before..or after code...boardmod sees the difference and does not recognise it as the code its looking for...If that be the case manually find the code in question....edit mod file by copy and pasting the code from the .pl file to  replace the code in the mod file..this will make the code being searched for identical and problem solved....
If you cant find the code manually..than code may have been altered by another mod..in that case will need to uninstall the mod that changed the code.

LoneWebSurfer.com Nothing but YaBB templates
IP Logged

TwizztiD

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #328 - Sep 22nd, 2007 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I dont have any other mods installed but could that specific code be different because im not using the default template

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #329 - Sep 22nd, 2007 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
This MOD will not (can not, as setup) Modify any custom template, but the default template.
  A custom Template must be modified manually.
Just open the .mod file in wordpad and follow the search/replace/add instructions for the template file.

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Send TopicPrint