Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Dice 1.1 for SP 1.1 - 1.3.1 (Read 25241 times)
Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Re: Dice 1.1 for SP 1.1 - 1.3.1
Reply #60 - Jun 28th, 2003 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Guy wrote on Jun 28th, 2003 at 7:23am:
for some reason when i hit gotodice and roll, it doesnt record the roll like it does on your test board.  so you cant tell who has rolled and what their score is???

You have to set the membergroup(s)/post dependant group(s) allowed in the Dice-setup. Everybody can roll dice under "Goto Dice" but only members of the groups allowed will have their score recorded (even Administrators  Grin ).

From the readme.txt file Quote:
-Member Group(s): (both modes)
Select the membergroup(s) allowed access to roll
dice. Hold down "Ctrl" key to select/un-select
more membergroups.

-Post dependant Group(s): (both modes)
Select the Post dependant Group(s) allowed access
to roll dice. Hold down "Ctrl" key to select/un-select
more membergroups.

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

Guy

Lebanese Please!

Reply #61 - Jun 28th, 2003 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
thanks for your patience Carsten, its working great! Grin

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

keron

YAAAR!!! YaBB!!!

Reply #62 - Jun 29th, 2003 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I've got this installed and running, but something is squirelly. When I go to the setup to add in my membergroups, the boxes are both empty, so I can't set anyone up to use them. I did, at one time, have the Add More Membergroups mod installed, but I have since pulled it out (before I installed Dice).

Any idea where I should start rtying to track the problem down?

Keron Blackfeld (aka Orahnn Rogar)
RPStories.com - Share YOUR story... (A Freeform RP & Play by Post Community)
RPGaheris.com - Role Play Alliance of Gaheris (a DAoC Community)

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #63 - Jun 29th, 2003 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
@keron - did you remember to delete MemberGroups.pl from your Sources folder?

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

keron

YAAAR!!! YaBB!!!

Reply #64 - Jun 29th, 2003 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
You are DA MAN.

Sure enough, that was my problem.

Thanks!

~ Keron

Keron Blackfeld (aka Orahnn Rogar)
RPStories.com - Share YOUR story... (A Freeform RP & Play by Post Community)
RPGaheris.com - Role Play Alliance of Gaheris (a DAoC Community)

IP Logged

Andrew

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #65 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Hi Carsten,

first must say very nice mod. i would like to install but i´ve got an error in my display.pl too. can you have a look?

in your mod is this.....

Code
Select All
<search for>
$yymain .= qq~
		    <a t">$img{'replyquote'}</a>$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=modify;message=$counter;thread=$viewnum">$img{'modify'}</a>
~;
	if(exists $moderators{$username} || $settings[7] eq 'Administrator' || $username eq $musername) {
		$yymain .= qq~  $menusep<a href="$cgi;action=modify2;thread=$viewnum;id=$counter;d=1" onclick="return confirm('$txt{'739'}')">$img{'delete'}</a>~;
	}
</search for>

<replace>
if($micon eq 'dice') {
	if(exists $moderators{$username} || $settings[7] eq 'Administrator') {
		$yymain .= qq~<a href="$cgi;action=modify2;thread=$viewnum;id=$counter;d=1" onclick="return confirm('$txt{'739'}')">$img{'delete'}</a>~;
	}
}
else {
$yymain .= qq~
		    <a t">$img{'replyquote'}</a>$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=modify;message=$counter;thread=$viewnum">$img{'modify'}</a>
~;
	if(exists $moderators{$username} || $settings[7] eq 'Administrator' || $username eq $musername) {
		$yymain .= qq~  $menusep<a href="$cgi;action=modify2;thread=$viewnum;id=$counter;d=1" onclick="return confirm('$txt{'739'}')">$img{'delete'}</a>~;
	}
}
</replace>

but my display.pl look like this....

Code
Select All
$yymain .= qq~
		    <a t">$img{'replyquote'}
~;
	if(exists $moderators{$username} || $settings[7] eq 'Administrator' || $settings[7] eq 'Global Moderator' || ($username eq $musername && $nomodallowed == 0)) {
		$yymain .= qq~  </a>$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=modify;message=$counter;thread=$viewnum">$img{'modify'}</a>~;
	}
	if(exists $moderators{$username} || $settings[7] eq 'Administrator' || $settings[7] eq 'Global Moderator' || ($username eq $musername && $nodelallowed == 0)) {
		if((exists $moderators{$username} && $mdmod eq 1) || ($settings[7] eq 'Administrator' && $mdadmin eq 1) || ($settings[7] eq 'Global Moderator' && $mdglobal eq 1)) {
		$yymain .= qq~ <input type="checkbox" name="del$counter" value="$counter">~;
		}
	}
}

I´ve attached my comlete display.pl too

Can you help me please?

Greets Andrew

Andrews_Display.txt ( 37 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #66 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 4:22am
Print Post  
@Andrew - another mod did that - moderation mod would be my guess  Smiley

Attached a fixed step - just open the mod file and replace the "problem" step with the attached one - try it - no guaranties - so BACK-UP  Wink

fix_dice_step.zip ( 0 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Andrew

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #67 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Hi Carsten,

thanks for your Help. Works very fine. I´ve tested out the same way but I only forgett one }.

Please one question is still. Can you tell me what ist the "Add Roll mod" and what´s doing? In Germany i never heard  Roll Eyes

Greets

Andrew

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

Don't follow me, I'm lost
too!

Reply #68 - Jun 22nd, 2004 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Carsten,

I've dealt with a lot of games that require dice throws, in fact... my forums are catering to them.  For the most part, your dice program is quite spectacular, though there are still a few things I can't do with it.  One of the biggest problems I've run into was the "Add Roll" function will not tell you the result of each die rolled.  In some cases, it's not the sum you are looking for, but the result of each die.

For instance, the White Wolf games (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, etc...) require d10 rolls.  Each attempt made is generally a dice pool from one to maybe 20 d10 which represents how capable that person is in what he or she is attempting.  There is a target number assigned based on the difficulty of the action.  Each roll at that target number or higher is a 'success point' which are accrued for a total success result - representing how well they succeeded at what they were trying.  A roll of '1' deducts from the total success result.  Sometimes, a roll of 10 authorizes the player to add '1' to the success, plus get to roll one more die for another chance at a success.

Ultimately, if the "Add Dice" function woudl display each roll rather than just sum them up for you, it would go a long way to being more versitile.

But as I said... it is a very nice program as is and really helps alot with nearly every other game system.  If you wanted more specifics based on game styles, I could help you enhance this dice program considerably.

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #69 - Jun 22nd, 2004 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Ok, it's probably just me ... but I'm about to pull my hair out over this.

I used the "Goto Dice" mode of the dice mod (SP 1.3.1 - with extended profiles), and for the life of me I cannot seem to call up a result table.  What do I have to do to get the dice to roll , and have those results appended to a list that the Game Moderator can check?

(Moved from "Mod Troubleshooting" in attempt to consolidate my conversation into one handy place.)

IP Logged

IWG admin

www.iwgwrestlin g.com

Reply #70 - Jun 26th, 2004 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Hey Carsten, quick Q: In the .zip package you have mod files for "amm" and "extended profile" boards. What do I use if I have both of those installed 

Thanks.

- The Immortal Wrestling Guild -
Created by wrestling fans for wrestling fans.
www.iwgwrestling.com
IP Logged

Monsen

Reply #71 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Imp_In_Training wrote on Jun 22nd, 2004 at 8:21pm:
Ultimately, if the "Add Dice" function woudl display each roll rather than just sum them up for you, it would go a long way to being more versitile.
I totally agree here. Fortunately, making this modification is a very easy. Since Carsten has made the routine so that it 'rolls' the dice one at a time, you can just add another variable to the code that lines up the rolled number one after each other (Instead of adding them together), and then display this variable in the output post, either in addition to, or along with the sum.
I have already done this for my own board (Screenshot), but I am using an already modified version of Dice, so I don't think you can import my changes directly. I'll be happy to help if you need help modifying your own code though...

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #72 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 1:14am
Print Post  
That sort of change would work quite nicely.  Unfortunately, I've got no formal training in this code so I will need some help making that change.

What do I need to do?

IP Logged

Monsen

Reply #73 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Do the following modifications:

Code
Select All
<edit file>
Sources/DiceAddRoll.pl
</edit file>

<search for>
	for($i=0;$i<$quantity;$i++) {
		$z = int( rand($dicetype) );
		$z++;
		$result = $result + $z;
	}
</search for>

<replace>
	$sdice = "";
	for($i=0;$i<$quantity;$i++) {
		$z = int( rand($dicetype) );
		$z++;
		$result = $result + $z;
		$sdice .= $z.";";
	}
	if ($quantity > 1) {
		$sdice = "(".substr($sdice,0,-1).")";
	} else {
		$sdice = "";
	}
</replace>

<search for>
	$message .= qq~\[tr\] \[td\] \[size=1\]\[b\]$dicetxt{'35'}:\[/b\]\[/size\]  \[/td\] \[td\] \[right\] \[size=1\] $tresult\[/size\] \[/right\] \[/td\] \[/tr\]~;
</search for>

<replace>
	$message .= qq~\[tr\] \[td\] \[size=1\]\[b\]$dicetxt{'35'}:\[/b\]\[/size\]  \[/td\] \[td\] \[right\] \[size=1\] $tresult\[/size\] $sdice\[/right\] \[/td\] \[/tr\]~;
</replace>

Should be it, I think.... I had to exctract them from my own code and compare them to an unmodified version of DiceAddRoll.pl

If you want all my changes instead (Multiple rolls in a single post, 'drop lowest dice' function), give me a word, and you can get my entire DiceAddRoll.pl file instead of modifying yours.

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #74 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Heck... you bet... I'd love to see those mods as well.  That would be very nice of you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint