Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Yet another Bloody Beginner's Question LOL (Read 2745 times)
Richard Van Buren

I Love YaBB 2!

Yet another Bloody Beginner's Question LOL
Jan 13th, 2011 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
I hope you can laugh at the little pun in the subject line, no bad thoughts were in my mind when I typed it. By now it should be known that - although 2.5 SE is not my first YaBB forum - I am a bloody whatever in matters of modification to the board ( that keeps running smoothly now that I (thanks to the advise of Captain John and JonB) I have changed hosting provider. So far the intro; I was looking around the other day on the forum here and was struck by Carsten's Calendar and decided that I very much would want to add that to my forum. So I downloaded Boardmod for Linux and looked at it. But would I have to do in matters of set up to make Boardmod recognize the mod, when the time is there?

Richard

Thoth at my own forum
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Re: Yet another Bloody Beginner's Question LOL
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Have a read through this, it should give you a better understanding of installing Mods:

http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1190677475

If you're still having problems specifically with the Forum Calendar Mod after reading that, then post back and I will try to help you more...
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2011 at 1:07am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Richard Van Buren

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 10:37pm:
Hi,

Have a read through this, it should give you a better understanding of installing Mods:

http://www.yabbforum.com/codex/YaBB.pl?num=1190677475

If you're still having problems specifically with the Forum Calendar Mod after reading that, then post back and I will try to help you more...

Thanks Derek, found it, pretty much as I thought. I will (try to) install the Forum Calendar Mod when it becomes available as final, in order to limit the chance of problems as much as possible  Smiley but in the occasion I run in to problems, I will remember your kind offer !

Richard

Thoth at my own forum
IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I'll warn you, it takes practice, at first! But it doesn't take too long to be modding like a pro!  Wink

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint