Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Registration with admin approval (Read 80278 times)
D0T-C0M
God Member

Re: Registration with admin approval
Reply #30 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Zoo please accept my appreciation for you taking the time to do this mod. I think this mod was way overdue and should have been included as a default function in YaBB 2.0 ,2.1 and the future 2.2

Many thanks

IP Logged

Zoo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #31 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
New version in first post.
Everyithing, except reason.
I think to be in good working, but I don't test sendmails.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #32 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Ok I tested the hard approval settings. I have a couple problems.

1- After registering the user gets the following message

Quote:
Pre-Registration Completed

Your account is not activated yet
Please activate it within 72 hours by clicking the link in the email you received!
Please check your junk mail folders if using a free email account like hotmail or yahoo!

This should say that the registration is successful and is pending approval at which time an email will be sent out with your activation code.

2- The email I specify in the forum settings for "Send email with new (pre)registration" doesn't save and its blanked out after I try to save the forum settings. An email to that address is not being sent out after a user pre-registers (probably because it doesn't save properly).

3- Admin approval section - Small typo in the popup window when asked to confirm that you really want to approve the selected registration(s). The text should be "Do you really want to approve the selected registrations?" I haven't tested the delete confirmation but I would assume that one would have to be re-worded as well.

4- v1.3 mod file in step 2 has an extra space in the "search for" code that makes it fail when the mod is applied in boardmod

5- v1.3 mod file step 9 is missing a period at the end of the "search for" code that causes it to fail. (at least in my case it does)
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2007 at 4:41pm by D0T-C0M »  

IP Logged

Zoo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #33 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
1 - Fixed

2 - I found an other bug in this part, it's fixed.
Quote:
The email I specify in the forum settings for "Send email with new (pre)registration" doesn't save and its blanked out after I try to save the forum settings.

ok: it's name field. And only admin/gmod usernames are accepted Wink

3 - Fixed
4 - yes, extra space -fixed
5 - a dot - fixed

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #34 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Ok I tested it again.

I get the following error now
Quote:
Untrapped Error:
Missing right curly or square bracket at ./Admin/AdminEdit.pl line 2132, at end of line syntax error at ./Admin/AdminEdit.pl line 2132, at EOF Compilation failed in require at AdminIndex.pl line 118.

Maybe you should make it clearer that the "Send email with new (pre)registration" space is for a username instead of "to:"

IP Logged

Zoo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
thx, Untrapped Error fixed

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #36 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Ok there are a few more bugs

1- I registered with a username/email that already existed and was denied but I received a "new pre-registered member" email even though the registration was denied. I deleted the member in the approval/delete section in the admin center and tried registering a 2nd time. I was again denied because the user still existed and I got another "pre-reg" email. I had to go to the registration log section in the admin center and delete the user there . I than re-registered again a 3rd time and was successful and also receieved a 3rd "pre-reg" email. Emails below

1st email
Quote:
Subject: Have a new pre-registered member onNBVRL 2006 Racing

The new member is:  451. (testme)

Click here to approve/disapprove this member:  ?action=approvalmembers

2nd email
Quote:

The new member is:  561. (testme)

3rd email
Quote:

The new member is:  695. (testme)

It should not send email unless successful. Also what is this new member number?? I only have 45 registered members on my forum. The email sent to the admin should have all the registration data (i.e. username , email, real name , etc.) except the user's password and also a proper link to the approval section of the forum. As you can see the email I received has an incomplete link and there a typo in the subject line, missing a space after the word "on"

2- In approval/delete section I deleted the existing member and it went away in that section but the user still existed. I had to go to the registration log section to delete the user.  I think you should either merge the registration log section and the approval/delete member section because they are redundant.

3- After the admin approves the registration the subject line in the  email sent to the pre-reg member doesn't read right. It says "Welcome, !" I'm thinking that the username should be inserted after "Welcome, "
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2007 at 4:42am by D0T-C0M »  

IP Logged

Zoo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
New version...
Many thanks DOT-COM

D0T-C0M wrote on Apr 19th, 2007 at 7:59pm:
I think you should either merge the registration log section and the approval/delete member section because they are redundant."

Yes, redundant. But it' too complicated  Wink

Quote:
The email sent to the admin should have all the registration data (i.e. username , email, real name , etc.) except the user's password and also a proper link to the approval section of the forum.

opps, to be out of new version

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #38 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Very good update so far.

I am missing a function I believe. I only want to approve a pre-regged member once. Meaning if the member registers I should get a  "New Member, approval required" email, I go and approve him and thats all. Why do you have to approve twice on a pre-regged registration? I can see why you would want hard and soft settings when you let members activate first before being approved because you want them to be limited in what they can do but when using pre-reg approvals, the member cannot access the forum anyway so approving him twice is redundant.

On a pre-reg registeration the following should happen.

1- member applies
2- admin recieves a "new member, Approval required" email
3- admin approves/denies registration
4- if approved "account approved/activation required" email is sent out to new member
5-member activates his account and has normal access to the forum

One other thing. You should change how you call the "Approval/Delete Members" section because its confusing with the existing "View/Delete Members" section. Maybe you could call it "Approve/Deny members" instead

This mod is really coming along nicely. We are almost there.

I changed the following in the approval.lng file
Code
Select All
'need'			 => "Approval Method",
'no'			   => "No Approval Needed",
'soft'			 => "Approval Needed, View Mode Only",
'hard'			 => "Approval Needed, Profile Access Only",
'needpre'		    => "Approval before account activation? <br /><span style='font-size: 10px'>(checked=Before Activation, unchecked=After Activation)",
'sendmail'		   => "Send approval email with new registration",
'sendto'		     => "Pre-Reg Approval email sent to:<br /><span style='font-size: 10px'>(specify admin/gmod username(s) separated by comma or space)</span>",

Even if I turn pre-reg off and let the member activate his account first before I have to approve him, I get an pre-reg email and its not pre-reg

Quote:
subject line:

Have a new pre-registered member on: NBVRL 2006 Racing

But the more I think of it, there is no need to send a different email to the admin whether its pre-reg or full-reg, because I know how I set the options in the forum settings. Therefore just send the admin an email stating that "New member (member name),  approval needed" regardless if it is pre-reg or full-reg
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2007 at 6:41pm by D0T-C0M »  

IP Logged

ExhaultedRuler

Up, Up, and Away!!

Reply #39 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
I was planning to install this...but I'm going to hold back till the next update.

DOT-COM...put it in the right order procedure wise.

Irwin's Superman Adventures Message Boards - Everything you ever wanted to know about the Hawaiian Superman!
IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #40 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Found another bug. With pre-reg off (meaning member activates before I get an approval required email) I get 2 instances of the same member appying in the approval list in the admin center. It shows me 2 approval for the same member at the same time. Should only be one approval. The twist is if I only approve one of them and click approve, they both disappear from the list.

IP Logged

Zoo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #41 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
D0T-C0M wrote on Apr 20th, 2007 at 3:40pm:
On a pre-reg registeration the following should happen.

1- member applies
2- admin recieves a "new member, Approval required" email
3- admin approves/denies registration
4- if approved "account approved/activation required" email is sent out to new member
5-member activates his account and has normal access to the forum

Even if I turn pre-reg off and let the member activate his account first before I have to approve him, I get an pre-reg email and its not pre-reg

Quote:
I get 2 instances of the same member appying in the approval list in the admin center. It shows me 2 approval for the same member at the same time. Should only be one approval. The twist is if I only approve one of them and click approve, they both disappear from the list.

hmmm.. very intersting and I don't understand what happened...

I going and testing more more more...
But before you test, plese run a
Code
Select All
.. action=approvalmembers;rebuild= 

this rebuild your waiting list.

Quote:
But the more I think of it, there is no need to send a different email to the admin whether its pre-reg or full-reg, because I know how I set the options in the forum settings. Therefore just send the admin an email stating that "New member (member name), approval needed" regardless if it is pre-reg or full-reg

You know, but everything don't know on a big forum with more admin/gmods.
And you know if a pre-regged user wait for approval. This is important, because activation time limited. (from prereg time to activation time).
Or need modify prereg time with approval time in  inactive (preregged user) list.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #42 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Zoo wrote on Apr 20th, 2007 at 8:18pm:
You know, but everything don't know on a big forum with more admin/gmods.
And you know if a pre-regged user wait for approval. This is important, because activation time limited. (from prereg time to activation time).
Or need modify prereg time with approval time in  inactive (preregged user) list. 

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

When using pre-reg mode the the activation time should only start once the admin/gmod approves the member's account and not when the member submits his registration for approval. After it is approved the member receives an email saying "account is approved and waiting for his activation". No more emails needs to be sent to the admin/gmod. Once the member activates his account then he should have full access to the forum. The admin/gmod only needs to receive one email. hard and soft restrictions should not be used here because there's no need. the member cannot access the forum without first activating his account. The the "activation required" email is only sent the the member after the admin/gmod approves his account. So he can never access the forum until the member is approved.

When using full-reg mode then the activation time starts right away because the member is allowed to activate his account immediately but will only have either soft or hard restricted access to the forum until admin/gmod approves the member's account. Again only one email needs to be sent to the admin/gmod

What I was saying is in both situations whether using pre-reg or full-reg mode only ONE email needs to be sent to the admin/gmod and the email that is sent to the admin/gmod does not have to say in the subject line that it is "full-reg" or "pre-reg" because the admin/gmod already knows that all the approval emails will be either full-reg or pre-reg depending which approval mode is set in the forum settings.  All it has to say that there is a new member and he is waiting for approval. The admin/gmod already knows if its a pre-reg or full-reg member.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #43 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
D0T-C0M wrote on Apr 20th, 2007 at 6:48pm:
Found another bug. With pre-reg off (meaning member activates before I get an approval required email) I get 2 instances of the same member appying in the approval list in the admin center. It shows me 2 approval for the same member at the same time. Should only be one approval. The twist is if I only approve one of them and click approve, they both disappear from the list.

Ok I see the problem when pre-reg set to off.

1- member registers
2- approval list shows user ready for approval but status is pre-regged because member hasn't activated his account yet. No admin/gmod email sent.
3- member recieves email and activates his account
4- member's name appears twice in the approval list and both are set to status "full-regged"
5-admin/gmod receive email saying "pre-reg" member waiting for approval.
6- Admin/gmod approve only one in the approaval list and the both go away.

step 2 should not happen because admin/gmod is not supposed to approve until after member activates his account because pre-reg is set to off in the forum settings.

When pre-reg set to on

1-member registers
2- "new member, approval required" email sent to admin/gmod
3- member name is in approval list status pre-regged.
4- admin/gmod approves member and member name disappear from approval list.
5- member receives email "account approved" and is given an activation code.
6- member activates account
7- member name appears in approval list and another new member approval required email is sent to the admin/gmod.
8- admin/gmod again approves the member a 2nd time. member name disappears from the approval list and the member receives another "account approved" email.

STEP 7 and 8 should not happen. Theres no reason that step 7 or 8 is needed. Please delete this action from the pre-reg mode.

Again there's no need to send different "approval required" emails to the admin/gmod whether or not pre-reg mode is off or on because the admins/gmods already know that all "approval required" emails are going to be all pre-reg or all full-reg depending how the forum settings are set.

IP Logged

Zoo

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #44 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
D0T-C0M wrote on Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:08pm:
Ok I see the problem when pre-reg set to off.

find in Register.pl (or MOD)
Code
Select All
		&NeedApprovalSet;
		if ($needapproval && $needapprovalpre) { 

and replace with
Code
Select All
		if ($needapproval && $needapprovalpre) {
		&NeedApprovalSet; 

Quote:
Again there's no need to send different "approval required" emails to the admin/gmod whether or not pre-reg mode is off or on because the admins/gmods already know that all "approval required" emails are going to be all pre-reg or all full-reg depending how the forum settings are set.

to you
find in Register.pl (or MOD)
Code
Select All
				$emailsubject = $preregister ? $approval_txt{'newprereg'} : $approval_txt{'newreg'}; 

and replace with
Code
Select All
				$emailsubject = $approval_txt{'newreg'}; 

but not tested Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
Send TopicPrint