Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) AdminCenterUpdate 1.4 final for Y2 (Read 27167 times)
Drallin

Re: AdminCenterUpdate 1.4 final for Y2
Reply #60 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 7:36am
Print Post  
HAHA, I was just taking a good look at the code. I think they can work together especially if you install this mod and then the distilled email. But to do it in reverse just change the instances in this mode that refer to tmpregemail with $aedomains. Replace exactly like the distilled mod calls for.

I am about to try this, I think it will work. Having a second mod file for those with distilled email would sure be handy though.

IP Logged

Drallin

Reply #61 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 11:48am
Print Post  
OK, I got it to work. If you are familiar with manual mod installation this should get you through it.

Also, if you already have glow shadow undo redo on your forum you have to watch it when you add this one. To install this one after undo, etc. search for a different line of code in post.pl.
Admin center mod asks you to search for
Code
Select All
<div style="width: 484px; clear: both;"><div style="width: 391px; float:left;"> 

Instead search for
Code
Select All
<div style="width: 530px; clear: both;"><div style="width: 437px; float:left;"> 

and replace that.

Back to the original problem, you only need to change one thing.

Sources/Register.pl
Listed Search For:
Code
Select All
<td valign="middle"><input type="text" maxlength="60" name="email" value="$tmpregemail" size="45" /><input type="checkbox" name="hideemail" value="checked"$hidechecked /> $register_txt{'721'}
</td> 

Instead Search For:
Code
Select All
<td valign="middle">$aedomains <!-- ### Distilled Email Domains mod ### -->
<input type="checkbox" name="hideemail" value="checked"$hidechecked /> $register_txt{'721'}
</td> 

Replace with THIS

Code
Select All
<td valign="middle">$aedomains <!-- ### Distilled Email Domains mod ### --><br />~;
if(($default_HideMail == 1 && $default_HideMail_val == 1) || $FORM{'thideemail'} == 1) {
	$hidechecked = qq~ checked="checked"~;
}
else {
	$hidechecked = "";
}
$yymain .= qq~
	    <input type="checkbox" name="hideemail" value="checked"$hidechecked /> $register_txt{'721'}
	</td> 

I also had a problem with the buttons loading funny after installation. This was duo to a /br in the button list. The problem is just below where you need to modify the above code if you have it too. Just scroll down and look through the document.write list and make sure there is not a br/ symbol after any of them. If so remove it.

I hope that's enough to get the you through it should the need arise. This will only work for manual installation. I haven't found any errors yet, I think it works fine. But it would be good if someone that knows what their doing makes sure its an acceptable fix.

BACK EVERYTHING UP BEFORE YOU MAKE CHANGES. And keep them around for awhile, I don't know what I'm doing. But it seems to be fine.

IP Logged

douglasrm

I love Favela

Reply #62 - Sep 27th, 2007 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
I am having a problem with this mod in step number 5, 6 and 8 it is returning a "String not found" error. 

Step 5 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found
Step 6 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found
Step 8 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Any thoughts?

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Hi douglasrm

Did you add any other mods or change any existing code?

When the mod looks for a string to replace it also looks for character spaces. If you have added or deleted a space then the code won't be found.

Have a look in the mod file, using a text editor, for the code that it is trying to find. You may be able to find it and compare it manually. If there is a small difference such as a missing space or one too many then you can just update the mod file to match what you have.

If there is a very big difference in the code then I don't recommend that you make any change.

Remember to backup all your files first.

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #64 - Nov 3rd, 2007 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
The very recent security update and this mod will not play together?

For those of us who are programming-challenged, will anybody consider adapting a version of one or the other to work with each other?

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

freediver

Reply #65 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 3:01am
Print Post  
I have that security update installed. Will this mod work for me?

Founding member of
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint