Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What do you do.... (Read 13848 times)
Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Re: What do you do....
Reply #30 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Congrats AP - A remember you studying hard when you helped me with a few scripts!

My bro works in hematology as a pathologist...not sure on the difference to a physician!?!

I am an electrician by trade, managing 4 other leckies.  Coding yabb came as a side line to a DIY website I admin for, and from that, I was asked to admin some other sites...

Oh - and live in the UK Wink

Coding is still average....but getting there Grin

IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #31 - May 14th, 2006 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
astropilot wrote on May 14th, 2006 at 6:36pm:
Graduated yesterday....so, now I can finally say....

I am a Physician.

I will be going in a couple of months to University of Arkansas to do my residency in Internal Medicine and somewhere (where, I don't know yet) to do my training in Hematology and Oncology (blood and cancer).

Just kinda got into coding by accident...nobody would do the medstudent website...so I did.  I have learned a lot working with YaBB....I never would have thought I would learn perl during med school.

ap

W00t !!
Congratulation Shawn !!
If your dedication towards your future profession and faith is as high in quality as your coding skills I predict a bright future for you.

Whenever you come to the Netherlands, give be a howl and I'll buy you a drink anytime !

Ron

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Reply #32 - May 15th, 2006 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Hi AP and BlogTripper,

Both you are two examples that "giving back to the community" comes in many different forms.  A big thumbs up and a cheer! Smiley

IP Logged

BlogTripper

My Son Abel love's YaBB

Reply #33 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:19am
Print Post  
ThankYou Very Much! ... Outumuro

and Congrads AP!  I never took Biology but I remember helping an ex-girlfriend study ... hard learning ... Keep up the good work! My mom and dad both died of cancer ... the world needs more of You!!

My mind went crazy and I don't know when it's coming back.  If you happen to see my mind please ask it if it's found my marbles yet, will you?
IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

Don't follow me, I'm lost
too!

Reply #34 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
First time I noticed this thread... heh... I'm usually all business when I come visiting here.

Ok, well... let's see.  I live in the Poconos, North-East Pennsylvania.
I am a husband, and father of one teen boy.
I work (currently) as a Satellite Flight Director at Loral Skynet (although I'm quite interested in jumping over to the IT field - so if you know of ay job openings in my area, let me know. Wink ).
I have just finished obtaining my Bachellors of Science in Information Technology - which has been a couple decades in coming.

IP Logged

Skydawg

Wish I knew more about
this stuff! =)

Reply #35 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
IT since 1997, MCSE (NT 4.0, never upgraded, but might soon with Vista coming and new servers).  Stared out in the Air Force, then at Southern Illinoise University Carbondale, now IT Director of a small private school here in Carbondale, and a stay-at-home dad (small school = work only when needed).  Help Desk to Networking.  Actually prolly looking for a new job soon - any one have any openings near here hehe?  Smiley

Learning, slowly but surely =P

IP Logged

Red_Barchetta

Now running Yabb 2.4

Reply #36 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Network Admin for the US Courts here in Miami Fla. I do it all from software install to running eithernet cables. Away from work, I'm a divorced father to a wonderful 11 y/o daughter. I like to tinker with things, sometimes, ok, most of the time, too many things at once. I always have something that I need to finish up. Just tonight, for a small project, I started repairing a broken wheel on my wheeled luggage. For my largest, and lognest running project, I have a 1969 Shelby GT350 that I tore apart over 15 years ago to do a ground up  restoration on. Maybe I'll put my nose back to the wheel and get it back togeather this year...  Maybe.

Jack of all trades, master of none....
Yabb 2.1 & 2.4 @ 65.7.201.7
IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #37 - Jan 21st, 2007 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Red_Barchetta wrote on Jan 11th, 2007 at 4:11am:
I have a 1969 Shelby GT350

That is a very valuable car, as I hearded while viewing the series Rides on Discovery Channel.
Especially if it is one of the original production cars that was used for racing.
The guy showing his GT350 valued it at over 2 million dollar fully restaurated Wink

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

LWS

seek and ye shall find...i
must be BLIND!!

Reply #38 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Im a towboat Pilot on the Ohio and Kanawa rivers.

LoneWebSurfer.com Nothing but YaBB templates
IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #39 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
I am almost 64 ... Live in Reno Beach, Ohio USA, have been a machinist, industrial electrician, micro-systems analyst, semi-pro football player, police officer, skilled trades supervisor, adult education teacher and am unemployed retired.
   4 kids, 2b. 2g and 6 grandkids.
  I love equestrian, old cars (Mustangs/GTO's), snowmobiling and am an avid boater.
  I got hooked on Commodore, Radio Shack Trs80 and Sinclair/Timex computers, learned Basic, Machine and Pascal. Did db programming and html.
  Asked 2 questions when I first tried to install YaBB software, 2 yrs. ago  I have modified several abandoned MODs for newer versions of YaBB (personal use).  Now am GM for the YaBB Community Support Board

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

Kottonmouth801

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #40 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 3:53am
Print Post  
How come I can only get BoardMod to only read & replace about half the scipt. Most of the time it is just straight error after error.

I am a "Newb"

I cannot get any mods to install on BoardMod?

I could do it manually but I probably would be doing that until next Christmas & New Years.

Help...!!!! Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed   Embarrassed

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #41 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Are you using mods written for the same version of YaBB that you are using them on?

If you are using 2.3.1 mods with 2.3.1, there should not be very many errors. Most mods will usually go right in. A few might need one or two small edits caused by other mods.

If you are using the CVS version, then you aren't going to see many mods that work until after the next version is released (another week or two) and people update the mods for them.

(And this question really needs its own topic, not one lumped in with what people do for a living.)

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

zaithyn galter

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #42 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 4:48am
Print Post  
i am a simple girl surfer, blogger, sometimes a gamer i love reading seo books and php ebooks..

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #43 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
I am 56 and semi-retired from communications living in the upper desert area of Southern California-USA.
I now spend my time between making wood pens (from wood recovered from ghost towns and celebrities properties and Route 66) in my shop and trying to set up a YaBB forum for a friends club. (I am better at making pens than coding ... that's what has brought me here  Smiley )

IP Logged

Bravo007

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
I am studying rite now. and want to be an hotel manager.. In one of the finest hotel in the country.  Smiley Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint