Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What do you do.... (Read 13691 times)
xtrasweetgirl

Re: What do you do....
Reply #15 - Oct 14th, 2005 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I am a lazy college student. I say that with much pride.

IP Logged

kbtune

huh?

Reply #16 - Oct 15th, 2005 at 10:14am
Print Post  
I study music in Norway, at what you Americans would call high school. No plans on becoming a musician though.
Run 4-5 websites and had some payed jobs with webdesign, but nothing more than that.
Have a girlfriend, and quite pleased with that!  Smiley

IP Logged

Robert Peden

"Let's Get Dangerous!"
- Darkwing Duck

Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 12:20am
Print Post  
I volunteer my time to  the West High School Alumni site and in my spare time go to work... Wait ... the other way around!  Smiley

I work at this place that tests kids for mental and processing disorders such as dyslexia, A.D.D.(attention deficit disorder), etc as the IT admin.   It's such a small company though that I am also the electrician, the billing manager, and the "Rob - I need you to go out to ___ and get me ___" person.

When I do have any spare time, I'm usually fixing something electronic (another hobby of mine)- like broken power supplies for LCD monitors, clocks, and anything else around the house that's breaking down.

Keeps me busy.

--Rob

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #18 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 9:19am
Print Post  
TopHouse wrote on Oct 14th, 2005 at 4:50pm:
Many thanks my friend, anything that boosts my ego is always welcome  Grin

Sophie has a few fans!  Shocked

Next time I'm in the neighborhood I will surely drop in for a pint and give Sophie a hug  Grin

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

Eagle_f90
God Member

For those with wings,
fly to your dreams.

Reply #19 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
I just finished a year of testing the E911 system for cell phones in Main and New Hampshire, USA. Now that I have moved back to my birth state of Alaska I am unemployed. But I have an interview today with Best Buy's "Geek Squad". I generaly do anything with computers  I can. Netwroking, coding, repair, ect. IN my current alotment I try to over come my dsylexia and write code.

For those with wings, fly to your dreams

Dreams are what we find at the end of reality, your reality if what you find at the end of your dreams.

IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #20 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 1:42am
Print Post  
I am currently employed by one of the local school districts as what's called a "technology assistant" - which pretty much stands for "computer geek jack-of-all-trades".  I manage my school's network, fix/upgrade the computers, consult with the administration on purchases...and the list goes on.

I also work part time in a bowling center that my wife manages as a mechanic.  I also volunteer my time to the local junior bowling league as a coach.

I have been tinkering with computers and programming since I got a Commodore 64 back in 1985.  I took a couple of programming classes in high school but never followed up on it (a decision I sometimes regret).  I originally went to college to study architecture, then switched to civil engineering, and then dropped out of 4 year college to attend a vocational school to get a degree in "Microcomputer Applications".

I run a web site for our local community called the Eye On Toccoa.  I have also designed a few other web sites and am trying to build up a web design business as well as a computer repair business.  I have been "dabbling" in both web page design and computer repair for about 10 years.

While I do not have extensive Perl knowledge, my knowledge of other languages such as BASIC, Pascal, Fortran 77 and C+ has helped my learning curve with Perl.  I only started working with and understanding Perl for 8 months - since I first downloaded a YaBB forum.  Wink

--I no longer have time to work on my mods.  If anyone wants to continue what I've started, be my guest.  Please read my notes in my profile for more information.

--Mongo

IP Logged

shanda

~*~  Still I Rise  ~*~

Reply #21 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 6:21am
Print Post  
I do onsite training for software specific to the security industry which the company I work for installs and we train the security people for large corporations, including bio scans, building access and CCTV.

My hobby is website design and while I'm not that great at it I enjoy learning and trying new things.

I'm married and have a 28 year old daughter, which is weird cause I'm still a kid myself Wink

~*~ shanda ~*~

IP Logged

jans

Oooops!

Reply #22 - Feb 22nd, 2006 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
System administrator for about 7 years now, head of IT in a company that sels fruit, veggies and all kinda nice and eatable stuff.
started my computeraddiction on a ZX Spectrum (Z80 processor) and at that time tried to write my own helpfull proggies.

Disabled for 80/100% and darned if I give up work, I want to keep track of daily life and WILl NOT STOP WORKING (hope you heard that loud and clearly dear doctor) so all I really got now is my computer and,.....YaBB  yeeaaahh.

Life is hell, but this community makes life worth living.

IP Logged

Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Reply #23 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 3:07am
Print Post  
jans wrote on Feb 22nd, 2006 at 12:35pm:
Disabled for 80/100% and darned if I give up work

I hear you Jan.  L3/L4 incomplete para myself, most clients never even notice... and if they don't ask, I don't tell. Grin

IP Logged

BRO_co03

Courage. Wisdom. Power.

Reply #24 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 3:36am
Print Post  
I am student at a local community college district. I decided to learn Perl so I could modify YaBB and that's how I wound up here at Boardmod.

I've got a big interest in computers and hopefully, I'll soon pick out a degree plan to follow.

IP Logged

qersys

Yes, I am

Reply #25 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 4:11am
Print Post  
MetalJoe wrote on Oct 11th, 2005 at 3:29am:
Father, Husband, Union Roofer, Apartment Manager.

non-union here  Grin

IP Logged

Xavier

Reply #26 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 4:13am
Print Post  
I am doing a Traineeship in Certificate III in Business Administration, I run a small web hosting site, and I YaBB in my spare time.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Christer Alexander
God Member

Make my day...

Reply #27 - Apr 18th, 2006 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Civil servant, student, about to depart for Canada to go to university.

Code
Select All
unless(0) { stab("LoonyPandora"); next; } 

IP Logged

BlogTripper

My Son Abel love's YaBB

Reply #28 - May 13th, 2006 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
I do just about nothing but try and pick apart YaBB ... I'm Learning dissabled so it takes a bit longer for me to get somethings ... Social Security Dissability is my income ... which is not very much at all ... I have 3 step kids and a baby of my own do to join use in the human experiment next week ... I've read through the perl manual about 5 times and still not to sure about stuff ...

I ended up on BoardMod because I taught myself HTML to try to get off Social Security and built an affiliate website through commission junction ... I found YaBB to start a forum to try and get people to goto the store ... I have not made any money off my store ... but that's ok ... I enjoy trying to learn perl ...

I host a YaBB Forum for a local high school band ... they really like it ... the tell me it's above and beyond what they expected ...

ThankYou to Everyone Here at Boardmod for helping evryone and putting up with me ... lol ... I really appreciate it ... ever since I stopped drinking and doing drugs I have found that I don't have ny friends ... but that's ok ... My wife and kids love me and everyone Here have been great ...

That's who I am ... Thanx

My mind went crazy and I don't know when it's coming back.  If you happen to see my mind please ask it if it's found my marbles yet, will you?
IP Logged

astropilot
God Member

Reply #29 - May 14th, 2006 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Graduated yesterday....so, now I can finally say....

I am a Physician.

I will be going in a couple of months to University of Arkansas to do my residency in Internal Medicine and somewhere (where, I don't know yet) to do my training in Hematology and Oncology (blood and cancer).

Just kinda got into coding by accident...nobody would do the medstudent website...so I did.  I have learned a lot working with YaBB....I never would have thought I would learn perl during med school.

ap

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..."
Romans 1:16
---
http://www.ssflynn.com
www.flynnfarmsofkentucky.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint