Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Shoutbox 1.0b4 for SP1.3.1 (Read 64245 times)
Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Re: Shoutbox 1.0b4 for SP1.3.1
Reply #210 - Dec 15th, 2004 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks.

It certainly scrolls to the bottom for me, and I've not had any other complaints.

I've added that, and it's still working! - I'll have to wait for feedback, but I trust you on this.

I assume you meant the Shoutbox template! - Just in case anyone else applies this script.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

scaredwitless
God Member

I got nothing

Reply #211 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Carlos, are you sure you have the latest version of this mod installed?  Because the scroll to the bottom javascript(more or less what loony posted) SHOULD be there.  That is how shoutbox scrolls to the bottom if you have bottom insert enabled.  I know because I helped Ronnie get this feature working back in an earlier version.

IP Logged

Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #212 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Hi scaredwitless,

I've insatalled a modified version of 1.0b4.

Because I opted to use the Shoutbox tag, I left out the Boardindex.pl steps #4 & 5, otherwise the shoutbox would be displayed twice on the index page. (It actually displayed three times. Once in Info centre, and twice where I placed the tag. This resolved itself when I removed the code modifications in Boardindex.pl for some raeson?)

Attacted is a copy of my modded shoutbox.mod file.

carlos_modded_shoutbox.txt ( 6 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

scaredwitless
God Member

I got nothing

Reply #213 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Yes thos modifications shouldn't have had an effect on the scrollto.  as the line is in the shoutbox.pl.  It is this line:

Code
Select All
$iframe = ($shout_add_to_top) ? qq~<iframe src="" name="chatout" width="100%" height="$shout_box_height" align="center" border="0" frameborder="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="2" marginheight="2" scrolling="$scrolling"><font size="2" face="Verdana">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</font></iframe>~ : qq~<iframe src="$cgi;action=shoutboxdisplay" onload="window.chatout.scrollTo(0,99999);" name="chatout" width="100%" height="$shout_box_height" align="center" border="0" frameborder="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="2" marginheight="2" scrolling="$scrolling"><font size="2" face="Verdana">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</font></iframe>~;

Ronnie crammed a lot into that line but specificaly notice this part of it:
Code
Select All
onload="window.chatout.scrollTo(0,99999);"

So I guess thte question is whether you have this line or whether the syntax of it isn't working on macs for some reason.

IP Logged

Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #214 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Here's the whole line from a recent backup:

Code
Select All
	$iframe = ($shout_add_to_top) ? qq~<iframe src="" name="chatout" width="100%" height="$shout_box_height" align="center" border="0" frameborder="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="2" marginheight="2" scrolling="$scrolling"><font size="2" face="Verdana">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</font></iframe>~ : qq~<iframe src="$cgi;action=shoutboxdisplay" onload="window.chatout.scrollTo(0,99999);" name="chatout" width="100%" height="$shout_box_height" align="center" border="0" frameborder="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="2" marginheight="2" scrolling="$scrolling"><font size="2" face="Verdana">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</font></iframe>~; 

Can you see anything wrong with that?

Edit: it appears to be exactly the same as you posted above.

IP Logged

scaredwitless
God Member

I got nothing

Reply #215 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I'll take your word for it that it is the same.   Let's rule this out even though it may seem like a dumb question.  But you do have add to the bottom selected in the shoutbox preferences right?  As the scrollto command is only used if add to the bottom is selected (and not add to the top).

IP Logged

Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #216 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
If you knew me, you'd know there's no such thing as a dumb question! Wink

Yeah, posts are added to the bottom.

I've just heard back from my Mac user, and the code LoonyPandora supplied has fixed the problem for her.

Also, with a PC, using Opera, Netscape, Firefox, or IE, it scrolled to the bottom before the added code.

Could it be something to do with it being used in an iframe?

IP Logged

Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #217 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Re: reply #204. Does anyone have a solution?

Re: reply #205. Does anyone fancy taking Ronnie up on his offer?

IP Logged

LoonyPandora
God Member

Daft Cow?

Reply #218 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Re #204 - open up shoutbox.pl, and look for function Refresh()

Code
Select All
function Refresh()
{
	document.chatout.location.href = "$cgi&action=shoutboxdisplay";
}

change to:

Code
Select All
function Refresh()
{
	window.location.reload();
}

That should work.

re #205 - I've had my own shoutbox mod for a while - but it's SP2 only, and it would be a real pain to backport it to SP1.x - so I'm not up for taking it over unfortunately Undecided

Apple Technical Support
Code
Select All
#!/usr/bin/perl --
($sig ='ddiissjjttuuffss ddaoouu ssffaee uuiijjtt
jj ssvvmmff auu qqffssmm ttmmaoohhjjoohh nnauuddiifftt')
=~y~b-v~a-z~s;
print $sig; 

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

scaredwitless
God Member

I got nothing

Reply #219 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
I don't know about the iframe thing.  The only way that wouldn't be working for her is if her browser (sadari?) doesn't support javascript onLoad function on iframe calls.  The only thing I can think to even try is to remove that semi-colon (Wink on the scrollTo statement, I don't htink it is necessary where it is.  But hey if looney's code works it works. Just reember if you ever decide to switch to add-to-top you'll have to remove his code, as it doesn't have a check on it and just does it regardless of which mode it is in.

As for Ronnie's ffer to let someone ltake over.  It would be something I would consider normally as I know the code for this mod pretty wel since I have gone through it plenty of times before helping root out bugs and helping to add a few features.  But I currently don't have much time, and considering what looney said about having a shoutbox code base going for sp2 already, I think it wouldn't be worth the effort since sp2 is bound to come out sometime soon.

IP Logged

LoonyPandora
God Member

Daft Cow?

Reply #220 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Safari definitely supports it, as it works with the other javascript Wink - however, I can see a flaw with the code Ronnie put in

Change:
Code
Select All
onload="window.chatout.scrollTo(0,99999);" 

To:
Code
Select All
onload="window.scrollTo(0,99999);" 

In that long line of code that starts with "$iframe = " - and you will keep the check in, and it will work cross platform.

I suspect Safari is actually doing the right thing in not scrolling when encountering that javascript, as inside the iframe there is no concept of a window called "chatout" which is what it is referring to. The content of the iframe doesn't 'know' that it is loaded into an iframe that is called "chatout". so why should it scroll?

The fix I posted tells the whole window to scroll, but since it's inside an iframe, it just scrolls the 'window' - which is in actual fact, just the iframe.

Apple Technical Support
Code
Select All
#!/usr/bin/perl --
($sig ='ddiissjjttuuffss ddaoouu ssffaee uuiijjtt
jj ssvvmmff auu qqffssmm ttmmaoohhjjoohh nnauuddiifftt')
=~y~b-v~a-z~s;
print $sig; 

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #221 - Dec 18th, 2004 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Hi LoonyPandora,

I tried the change to make the refresh button work cross browser, and it does refresh, but the whole page! This happens with IE; Opera: Firefox; and Netscape. Since that can be done anyway, it just means unnessasary delays in loading pages, especially for those on dialup. I've put the original code back: at least those using IE can use the refresh button in a meaningful way. I don't suppose you have any more ideas?

As for your last post, what will I gain? The refresh button already works for Macs. Is it just more correct?

I've yet another little bug. There is an intermittant failing of the smilies. The first two continue to function, but the last six only work when they feel like it. If you punch in the smilie codes, it always works. Any ideas?

Thanks.

IP Logged

..:X.T.C:..
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB Forum!

Reply #222 - Dec 18th, 2004 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Hi

@Thread

I check this Mod ... and play around with the functions  Wink

Added some features .... and will generate a setup for display the Shoutbox on the Header or Info Center

You can check the header version with new features and Smilies here (Testboard)(Note: Refresh is deaktivated ... klick on refresh button)

http://www.xonder.com/cgi-bin/yabbserver/foren/F_0002/YaBB.cgi

lg XTC

IP Logged

Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #223 - Dec 18th, 2004 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Hi Xonder,

That looks pretty good. I think it's a good idea to have the option to place the Shoutbox at the top of the forum. I've done something similar by using an iframe to place it in a side menu on my forum. - This has the advantage of it displaying on all pages.

I'm not too keen on the smilie UBBC being displayed either side of the smilie name. - It would be fine in itself, but you have type all of that in if you to wish comand prompt the smilies instead. - Is your smilie code an option?

Have you sorted out many of the bugs, and in particular, the ones mentioned on he last couple of pages?

Anyway, it looks good, and very promising. Wink

IP Logged

..:X.T.C:..
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB Forum!

Reply #224 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Carlos wrote on Dec 18th, 2004 at 12:07pm:
Hi Xonder,

That looks pretty good. I think it's a good idea to have the option to place the Shoutbox at the top of the forum.

OK ... look here .....

Header version (english testboard)
http://www.xonder.com/cgi-bin/yabbserver/foren/F_0002/YaBB.cgi

Info Center version (german testboard)(with recent userlist mod)
http://www.xonder.com/cgi-bin/yabbserver/foren/F_0001/YaBB.cgi#Shoutbox

Quote:
I'm not too keen on the smilie UBBC being displayed either side of the smilie name. - It would be fine in itself, but you have type all of that in if you to wish comand prompt the smilies instead.

hmmm ... sorry ... but my english is too badly  to be understood your message  Grin

Quote:
Is your smilie code an option?

No .... a this time it is a fix code .....

Quote:
Have you sorted out many of the bugs, and in particular, the ones mentioned on he last couple of pages?

Hmmm ... i have not found a bug .... which bug you mean exacty?

lg XTC

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 
Send TopicPrint