Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Advanced IM Box 2.0 (Read 7987 times)
Tea-Master
Forum Administrator

Re: Advanced IM Box 2.0
Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2003 at 12:08pm

angst wrote on Apr 10th, 2003 at 11:21pm:
Yes this is docda's AIM-2.  I just made it compatible with SP3.  Only the non-attachment vesion though.

I also wait for this one before upgrading.  I was impatient though, so I modified it myself.   Grin

you have to ask the original mod writer before!
you cant just release a new version of a mod you didnt write yourself.
see the sticky thread in this board...

IP Logged

TopHouse

The Top House

Reply #16 - Apr 14th, 2003 at 1:18am

Problems,

First one, if I select IM membergroups from admin center, if I click the little "preferences" icon I get this :-

Untrapped Error:
./Sources/ did not return a true value at /home/.sites/123/site91/web/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi line 73.

Also, if I write an IM to membergroups to IM all members, when I click "send" I get this :-

Untrapped Error:
Undefined subroutine &main::IMGroups called at /home/.sites/123/site91/web/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi line 73.

Ideas anyone?

regards,

Dion

IP Logged

angst

Loving the YaBB

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2003 at 2:00pm

Tea-Master wrote on Apr 12th, 2003 at 12:08pm:
you have to ask the original mod writer before!
you cant just release a new version of a mod you didnt write yourself.
see the sticky thread in this board...

1.  I covered this in the 7th or 8th reply of this thread.  I asked the mod to either move or delete this thread as they see fit. I also included a link to the sticky you are probably referring too. Thank you for reading the entire thread first.   Grin

2.  The only changes I have made is to make it compatible with the use of SubList.pl instead of YaBB.pl.    Wink  No changes were made to any of the functions.  It is still AIMB 2.0.  I do not claim credit for this Mod, only for un-offical .mod for SP1.3.  Again, if a moderator feels I am in error please delete this thread.

TopHouse

The Top House

ATTN USERS OF THIS MOD
Reply #18 - Apr 14th, 2003 at 3:54pm

Firstly, please see my other posting to this thread regarding 'problems'.  Anyone who is using this mod, could you please try a test IM to membergroups and see if you get the same error as recorded in my other posting.

What makes me think I'm not alone in these two problems is that the 'preferences' icon also creates an error message, if I'm thinking right, the preferences icon should not even show up when IMBOX is installed as it says this in the versions text :-

"moved IM-Preferences completely to Modify-Profile"

yet I still see 'preferences', is this a broken 'unofficial mod' ? Do others get the same 2 errors?  Please try it as it will save me a lot of pointless uninstalling/reinstalling of mods.

If you do not get the same errors, does someone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problems?

TIA

Dion

IP Logged

angst

Loving the YaBB

Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2003 at 4:18pm

TopHouse,

Have copied the BuddyList.pl and InstantMessage.pl to your Sources directory?

If you do not have them then please download the full package with files and images.

Shoeb Omar
God Member

Mod Writer

Reply #20 - Apr 14th, 2003 at 4:46pm

Ok, sti ky situation here Smiley.

While I'm sure Docda appreciates you saving him some time and making an update to his mod, he may have wanted to do this himself.  Therefore, all I need you to do is simply email docda asking for permission to let this thread go ahead.  Onece he replies, and if he says yes, then I shall reopen it again.  I hope you do not take this the wrong way as your efforts are appreciated I'm sure, but we just have to go through the system before disorder takes over Smiley.

YaBB SP2 BETA!
Now taking pay jobs in PHP or Perl.  Contact me for details.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint