Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) [BETA] NewcalendarSP1 with birthdays (Read 4228 times)
ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

[BETA] NewcalendarSP1 with birthdays
Feb 11th, 2002 at 12:44am
Print Post  
This is the latest version of the NewcalendarSP1 mod.  In this version member birthdays are added.  This is a BETA version, it might crash your board.  Tongue

Edit: Final version 2.6  (this pup's done) link:

Features:

The mod provides a month view calendar with event names appearing on the date they occur.  Clicking on events opens details for viewing.

Member birthdays are automatically added to the calendar.  Clicking on a member's name opens the profile page for that member.

Today's events and birthdays appear in the Info Center.  Clicking on events in the Info Center opens event details.  Clicking on the calendar icon in the Info Center opens the calendar.

All members may add/modify/delete their own events.  Admins may edit/delete all events.  Guests may add/edit/delete guest events if guest posting is enabled on board.

UBBC tags are allowed in event descriptions.

Supports multiday events and recurring events (weekly, monthly, yearly).

Fixed from 2.4: removed hard coded english in code.

As always, please, please report all bugs.

Dan
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2002 at 2:40am by ironwing »  

Please include your forum address in all requests for assistance.  It greatly speeds things along.
IP Logged

Deskdirect

"Living Drama Free!"

Re: [BETA] NewcalendarSP1 with birthdays
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2002 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
I tried it on my clean test board - and wham everything went haywire! I can't tell you what happened because I don't understand perl well enough to report back to you.

But my board wouldn't work until I re-installed my board.

Classic Rock Rocks!
http://www.mitchryder.com

IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2002 at 3:35am
Print Post  
I also created a new test board, completely clean.  I installed the Newcalendar mod using Boardmod on "fast" setting.  Found one error in the Boardmod tags where I had:

<edit file>
BoardIndex.pl
</edit file>

instead of:

<edit file>
Sources/BoardIndex.pl
</edit file>

I fixed that and the mod loaded with no errors.  I then loaded my modified files to the clean board.  The board opened fine.  I tested birthdays and adding/deleting events.  I found one error where birthdays wouldn't show up on BoardIndex unless there was also an event today.  I fixed that.  That error wouldn't have caused a crash.

I have loaded new beta version beta2 and edited the link above so you can try the new version which fixes the Boardmod tag and the other problem.

Dan

Please include your forum address in all requests for assistance.  It greatly speeds things along.
IP Logged

Saddo!!!

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2002 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Getting this error...on the front board...

Untrapped Error:
cannot open user file at ./Sources/Newcalendar.pl line 636.

also should there be a calevents.txt with this mod or do i make one

and do you not need the calander file for this one ...

do the files just go in variables??

also it I do have to make a calevents.txt  were do i put it...((no funny answer  Grin))

Please help mate this is the closest Ive got to getting a calander on a sp1 board...im soo close i can smell it  Wink

IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2002 at 12:51am
Print Post  
The error you are getting suggests that you have a username in your memberlist.txt file that has no corresponding username.dat file in your members directory.  Try Rebuild Members List in the Admin Center, if that doesn't work then you need to look at your memberlist.txt file and compare it to the .dat files in the members directory to find the discrepancy.  

The script file for this mod is Newcalendar.pl and was included in the zip file.  It goes in the Sources directory.

There is a eventcal.txt file that was included in the zip file.  It goes in the variables directory.  It holds variables for Calendar title, and what to show in a couple pick lists.  There is also the eventcaldb file which is the calendar database which will hold all the event info.  Both need to be chmod 666.

Dan

IP Logged

Saddo!!!

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2002 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Yes that was the problem ((Members list))

THANKS  Smiley Smiley Smiley

P.S Great mod  8) 8) 8)

IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2002 at 4:03am
Print Post  
One installation note for Boardmod users:

If you are installing both the YabbChat for SP1 mod and the NewcalendarSP1 mod, install the YaBBChat mod first.  The Newcalendar mod installs new code in the middle of some code used in the search criteria for the Chat mod in BoardIndex.pl.  There really isn't anything to done for it as the Chat mod needs to put the code where it does and so does the Newcalendar mod or the Info Center table gets messed up.  They are compatible as long as the Chat mod is installed first.

Dan

IP Logged

HHSascha

I luv the Sunshine State

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2002 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Just an idea Grin:

What about an extension to show the events for the actual day on another page (e.g. through a java-script like the javaheadlines/print headlines mod).

I think it would be a great feature Roll Eyes!

Greetings

Sascha

IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Man you all are hard to please.

But, okay.  Here is the test page for the include statement.

Newcalendar Events on any HTML page on server

I need feedback on what folks want to see in terms of formatting before I write this into the mod.

Dan

IP Logged

rehlbe
God Member

Juve Merda

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 2:30am
Print Post  
I think that's ok as it is..maybe the only thing I'd remove are the bullets. Anyway I really like that..hope you'll release the code soon!  Grin

www.rehlbe.com
Current task -> rewriting website.
Per un aiuto in italiano contattami tramite il mio forum!

Installed Mods = 82
Milan forever
IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 3:12am
Print Post  
I should have also mentioned that the "Today's Calendar Events" title line comes from the .lng file so the include statement is fully internationalizable.

Dan

I can't believe I just typed "internationalizable". Tongue
If I keep writing "words" that long people will think I'm Geman.

IP Logged

HHSascha

I luv the Sunshine State

Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2002 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Hey Dan,

do we Germans tend to create long words? Never heard of that Wink.

The SSI looks cool. I wouldn´t change anything about it - the bullets are okay and I don´t think the description of the event should be displayed.

The only bad thing about it: My darn provider does not allow an include-call. So I´m dependant on Java Undecided

Greetings

Sascha

And, man, you code any ideas pretty fast Grin

IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2002 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Hi,

Here is the new beta version with the include virtual added so Today's Events can be posted on any HTML page on the host server.

NewcalendarSP1 version 2.6beta

Note that many servers won't run server side includes unless the calling HTML file has an .shtml extension instead of .html or .htm.

For this version I removed the Today's Events title line and the bullets.  If you want the Title line then open the Newcalendar.pl file in a text editor and:

Code
Select All
find:
			print qq~Content-type: text/html\n\n~;
			print qq~$data~;

and replace with:
			print qq~Content-type: text/html\n\n~;
			print $ecaltxt{'55'};
			print qq~$data~;

To restore the bullets:

Code
Select All
find:
				$data = $data . " <A ear=$thisyear&acttype=viewdata\">$daydata[0]</A><br>";

and replace with:
				$data = $data . "<li><A ear=$thisyear&acttype=viewdata\">$daydata[0]</A></li><br>";

The search line and replace line above are really only one line each in the file, they just look like more lines in this message.

Sascha, sorry but I don't know any javascript.  Sad
Have you tried SSI statements on pages with the .shtml extension?  This is the only way they work on my server.

Dan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint