Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lost Functions (Read 18622 times)
kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Lost Functions
Reply #15 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 7:24am
Print Post  
I did some testing ...
I found that when I replaced the Language.pl file with the "before edit" version the Admin section started working again and I no longer got the Internal Service Error.
However, when I click on Installed Mods I get this error:
An Error Has Occurred! Bareword found where operator expected at ./Admin/ModList.pl line 191, near ""left" class"
And when I go to Admin/Forum Configuration/Forum Settings nothing appears in the Preferences and Settings!!!

I don't think the uninstall went well. I'm thinking that it might be best to just leave well enough alone and blow off the idea of trying to uninstall the Mod before I crash the whole forum.

On second thought ...
I think I'll try to manually replace the code from a new download ... what's the worse that can happen ... right?
I'll use BoardMod to walk me through what steps were taken to install the mod and replace the mod code with original fresh code. Long way around but it will give me badly needed experience with troubleshooting failed mods.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
The worst happened  Sad

I have lost access to the USER CP ... getting this error:

Untrapped Error :
Can't modify constant item in concatenation (.) or string at ./Sources/MyCenter.pl line 2346, near "qq~$tabsep~;" Unmatched right curly bracket at ./Sources/MyCenter.pl line 2347, at end of line syntax error at ./Sources/MyCenter.pl line 2347, near "}" Compilation failed in require at YaBB.pl line 147.

I replaced MyCenter.pl and Profile.pl with backed up files but I am still getting the error.  (I also replaced the other 3 edited files with the backed up files: Admin.lng, ModList.pl and Setting_Main.pl)  Any ideas what else I can try?

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #17 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Double check that you are uploading the correct files. If you've got a back-up of all of the files before you made any edits, then there's no reason that it will throw any errors when you upload them.

I don't know why it would cause you problems uninstalling through BoardMod, but if you do it manually then you need to be extremely careful that all the code is put back to exactly how it should be.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #18 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Derek ...
I used BoardMod to uninstall the Stealth Mod and uploaded the files ... when I tried to access the Admin Center I got an Internal Server Error. Also I received the error when trying to access User CP.
I replaced the 5 edited files with copies of the original backed up files and the Admin Center came back but not the User CP.
I will try using a backup from a week ago and replace the 5 edited files and see what happens. Should that not work I am willing to do a complete YaBB restore. There has been a few new members since the backup was made and I want to be sure to retain their info. Should I backup the Members.pl and Messages.pl to save the newly changed info and overwrite the restored files? Or is there more files I need to protect?

I am not good at troubleshooting (obviously) and find it easier to go the extra yard (or mile) to get things fixed. Most often I find that easier and quicker.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #19 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Overwriting any of the the .pl files in the Sources/Admin directories or the language files won't affect any member data, so don't worry about that. The only files that the Mod edits are the following ones, so they should be the only ones you need to overwrite:

Quote:
Admin/ModList.pl
Admin/Settings_Main.pl
Sources/MyCenter.pl
Sources/Profile.pl
Languages/English/Admin.lng

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
I have a full backup of forum done 12/28/20011. I tried to use the 5 edited files from the backup and I got a Internal Server Error in the Admin Center and the Untrapped error in the User CP.
Going back to the 5 files before this change I got the Admin Center to recover but User CP still errors.
There hasn't been any changes to the forum from the last full backup other than 2 new members added and postings in the boards. I don't understand why there is still errors and the reference to an error in the YaBB.pl file since no editing or changes was made in it (unless YaBB itself made changes).

I'm wondering if there might be a conflict with the edited Profile.pl file and any new members that have been added.

I need to get this resolved so I'm thinking a full restore using the last full backup and just telling the new members they have to register again if that's what needs to be done.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #21 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:00pm:
I'm wondering if there might be a conflict with the edited Profile.pl file and any new members that have been added.

Like I say, the .pl files won't affect any member data and visa versa.

Attach those files here and I'll take a look for you, but if you're getting the same error with the back-up files then it sounds like you have done something else.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
I just replaced the entire Admin and Sources folders with the backup files of 12/28/2011 and I am still getting the same 2 errors in Admin Center and UserCP.

Do I overwrite all files except Members.pl, Messages.pl and Boards.pl if I want to restore and try to save current member/board info?

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #23 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
I have no idea what you have done wrong then, sorry.

kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:17pm:
Do I overwrite all files except Members.pl, Messages.pl and Boards.pl if I want to restore and try to save current member/board info?

There are no such files. Undecided But like I have said, the .pl files won't affect any member/board data anyway. Wink

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
OK ... looks and sounds like I have to do a full restore.

I would like to save any postings and new member additions since last backup ... I said Members, Messages and Boards.pl by mistake .. I meant to say Members, Messages and Board FOLDERS. If I leave those folders intact will all the member info and board posts be carried over or will I lose them?

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #25 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
How are you going to restore your forum? A fresh install?

If so, then yes. Make a full back-up of those folders and copy them across after.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #26 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I did a full site backup using host cpanel on the 29th ... I'm going to try that first.
If I crash and burn then I will be doing a fresh install from scratch and copy the members, messages and board files to restore.
I need to get the forum back up (my phone is ringing off the hook and my email box id getting full) ... it doesn't matter the state - I can add the Mods back one at a time and style it later.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Scratch that ... it's going to be a full fresh install. I just uploaded the entire cgi-bin/yabb2 folder and still getting the 500 Internal Server Error.

Thanks for all the help ... we tried and I learned.

The bright side of this storm is that I'll have all the Mods out that wasn't working.  Smiley

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #28 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Here's another plus to all this ....

There's a lot of people who will get a good laugh out of all this  Grin

Maybe someone wet behind the ears as I am will see that having second thoughts isn't a good idea if you trod in unknown waters.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #29 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:07pm:
Scratch that ... it's going to be a full fresh install. I just uploaded the entire cgi-bin/yabb2 folder and still getting the 500 Internal Server Error.

Just a thought... If you're getting a 500 error, then it's worth checking that the permissions/CHMODs haven't been reset (if you're on a *nix machine, that is).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint