Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Community Project -- Shoutbox Mod 2.3.1 RC3 (Read 152669 times)
Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Re: Community Project -- Shoutbox Mod 2.3.1 RC3
Reply #585 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
D0T-C0M wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:57pm:
Hey you know if you had AJAX technology in your REcent User List mod that would be awesome too.  

Why not enable User Tools? Tongue Tongue Thats AJAX

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #586 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Ok I am connected to a hotspot with my laptop computer that couldn't connect earlier and now it connects so I tend to believe that my IP must have been somehow blocked somehow.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #587 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:59pm:
Why not enable User Tools? Thats AJAX  

great , I did not know that. You learn something every day around here. Smiley

What I meant that the list could could update or refresh automatically without refreshing the whole page.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #588 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I was just playing around in jon's forum and I just wanted to show what I see.  From the time I press "refresh" (not the one in the shoutbox, the one in Firefox), and the page actually refreshes I get a undefined error as you can see in the pic below.  This same error happens when navigate to another page.

Also the delete button doesn't work for me.  Sorry if I'm repeating a already known issue.

Edited:
Just wanted to add that the undefined error only happens if I've previously shouted
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2009 at 10:35am by D0T-C0M »  

shout_problem.JPG ( 50 KB | Downloads )
shout_problem.JPG

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #589 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
No undefined errors ever for me in FF. I realize they are in IE but that is because IE doesnt like my split that I've used apparently. I'll try to fix that so we can see the numerous other errors that IE presents  Tongue

And by the way theres no AJAX in User Tools Smiley That's just straight javascript. The menus are loaded before that page and displayed when clicked, they arent loaded dynamically.

However, favorites, notifications, expand collapse, and the add moderator link when adding a board through the admin center are all AJAX that I've done  Cheesy

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #590 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Oh and I just uploaded a flawed Shoutbox.pl and it was generating undefines. While I fixed it I let it run and it may have banned me as well. I'm not sure why it would ban me from the server. The only reason undefined's are being shown is because the html that the javascript receives cannot be split, which has no effect on server side at all. But whatever the case I do not have ftp access or access to the site. Unless it is down for some reason.

If it is the case that Jon's server is banning people for using the shoutbox at this time, DONT USE IT until I give the all clear once I have access again.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #591 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Oh fun ... here is where we are at the moment.

1) the site is still up, and working in general. Forums that are on, and are not being used for testing are still fully available, though probably cannot be accessed by anyone who has been server-banned.

2) my current host, who has been for the most part very good at keeping my boards running smoothly, have had their own site down for two days. Which means I have general and ftp access, but since I log into cpanel from their website, and it is down, I do not currently have access to more behind the scenes stuff, and trying to un-ban people.

3) Though without quite the same exact error, I have been banned from the website once in the past. This is connected with a known possible YaBB issue, where some servers consider it a security risk to do some things with urls which have too many ';' in their path. There are a couple of lines of code in one of the YaBB files which fix this by replacing ';' with '&' if you remove the '#' in front of the lines.

For safety's sake, we may want to remove the # from these two lines in Subs.pl, if they are currently there, just to lessen the chance of problems from this.

Code
Select All
	# $output =~ s/($scripturl\?)([^'"]+)/ $1 . &URL_modify($2) /eg;
	# sub URL_modify { my $x = shift; $x =~ s/;/&/g; $x; } 

In the meantime, I am trying to see if I can find a way to get deeper access to things, to clear any banned people, so you all can access the test boards again. Sorry for the delay on this, but the timing on kalypsoweb having their site be down is unfortunate.

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #592 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
I get home in an hour. Due to batchman service provider problems I will create an account and make it available for Unilat to so he can continue in his testing.

IP Logged

Unilat

Reply #593 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:02am
Print Post  
If its too much trouble then it is no big deal. We'll have to figure out whats causing this on Jon's website no matter what anyway because we dont want this happening to others. Although I have never experienced this at all. Jon did you check the Guardian and make sure autobanning is not enabled? Also check the list of ips. Maybe its yabb specific... As in YaBB banned us but did it through some method that prevents out access to the site in general.

I'm thinking that somehow the code is generating server errors while not reporting them because YaBB does not handle these. CORE::exit is required at the end of subroutines that print ajax reportable data so it wouldnt cause server errors for my other AJAX features I have made. I have that at the end of each sub I call...Maybe the server doesnt like it...

I still dont understand how my code caused this. Literally the only thing different is that it returned some more html than before and the javascript is printing undefined errors. The server should not have experienced an error as it was just doing its job, while the client side was the one causing issues...

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #594 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Well if you cant figure it out , I sure as helll ain't hahahaha Take a break and next time you look the answer will be staring you in the face.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #595 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
@batchman My home ip is still banned on your site.  Can you check IP      142.167.*.*  and unban it.

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #596 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Its not banned anywhere that I currently have access. It isn't in YaBB, it's at the server level.

IP Logged

ThM
God Member

Reply #597 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 8:21am
Print Post  
D0T-C0M wrote on Mar 13th, 2009 at 9:50pm:
I have completely redesigned my layout in light of Jet-Li's recent user list mod.

I have found a way to get the shoutbox to be static on the left of the INFO CENTER and recent user list to be static on the right while getting the INFO CENTER to be variable width in between.I presently only have this working on my heavily modded board .......

Can you attach these modifications please.....

Greeting ThM

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #598 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 8:52am
Print Post  
My hosting company's server is back up, so I have more access to try and solve the problems there again.

1) Please do not visit the test forum with IE right now. It is still creating tons of errors, and I don't want to see anybody banned again immediately. (I hope my visit didn't get me banned.)

2) Let me know, Unilat and D0T-C0M, whether or not you can reach the site, or whether I have to contact them again about trying to get you un-blocked.

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #599 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 9:14am
Print Post  
@batchman
your site still down.

greetings
Jeff