Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Community Project -- Shoutbox Mod 2.3.1 RC3 (Read 152674 times)
batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Re: Community Project -- Shoutbox Mod 2.3.1 (alpha)
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Yes, it is reported that the smileys never did work in the last version. For some reason that was never done, though somebody suggested they might have found something that works for it.

I can't test it to see, since I can't get past the form spoofing issue.

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 6:15am
Print Post  
I dont really need smileys in the shoutbox anyways. As long as it can be used as a simple shoutbox

IP Logged

LWS

seek and ye shall find...i
must be BLIND!!

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
D0T-C0M wrote on Jan 25th, 2009 at 1:36am:
Ahhhhh looks promising, at least you can post. Smileys are not working yet but thats great that you could get this mod to where its at.

What did you do to get it to work thus far?

well... to be honest.. im not really sure Huh   I am certain the edit i made from the post I refered to earlier is what made it able to post, however I did a few edits while getting the 500 error when i realized i had forgotten to do what was previously posted to get the shoutbox to show up.. when i did that.. i was able to post.. it wasnt many steps.. so im going to reverse my actions.. and see what exactly did the trick while undoing any uneeded edits i may have made... right now tho.. the smilies work.. but you need to manually put them in ..smilies has always been a prob with this mod tho.. something with the java scripting i believe... and the profile options appear to be nonfunctional.
will post the changes sometime today just want to undo what didnt need done.. and would be nice to know what exactly got it functional.

Edited:
seems the only thing I did differently than everyone else was the code from the refered post.. I cant help but wonder if there is a security risk (or how much of) by ommiting the Guardian section of the shoutdisplay.pl anyway.. here is where i edited.
around line 572
Code
Select All
		<form name="shoutbox" action="$shoutform_action" method="post" onSubmit="changevalue()">
			<input type="hidden" name="shoutout" maxlength="$max_shout_length" /><br />
			<input type="hidden" name="formsession" value="$mbname$username">
			<input type="text" name="message" size="20" maxlength="$max_shout_length" onfocus="clearText(this)" value="$shout_txt{'30'}" />
			<br /><br />
			<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="$shout_txt{'31'}" />
		</form>

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2009 at 2:00pm by LWS »  

LoneWebSurfer.com Nothing but YaBB templates
IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #18 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Yessssss it works.

Here is the code I changed in ShoutDisplay.pl

from this
Code
Select All
		<form name="shoutbox" action="$shoutform_action" method="post" onSubmit="changevalue()">
			<input type="hidden" name="formsession" value="$formsession" />
			<input type="text" name="message" size="20" maxlength="$max_shout_length" onfocus="clearText(this)" value="$shout_txt{'30'}" />
			<br /><br />
		</form> 

To this:
Code
Select All
			<input type="hidden" name="formsession" value="$mbname$username" />
			<br /><br />
		</form> 

Thanks driven and thanks batchman

IP Logged

LWS

must be BLIND!!

Reply #19 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Grin goes to show..even us blind squirrels can find a nut every once in awhile  :laugh:

Maybe someone who knows perl will join in the community spirit and help out, wouldnt that be refreshing.. to see a mod that reads updated by the Boardmod community! Wink

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #20 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Just an observation,  none of the shoutbox admin settings have any effect. Shoutbox does not refresh. timestamps do not work etc....

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2009 at 5:41pm by D0T-C0M »  

IP Logged

LWS

must be BLIND!!

Reply #21 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
nope.. nothing but the posting... and ability to delte them in admin center works...

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #22 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
And yet, it doesn't work for me.

Can somebody post an updated, working version of the ShoutDisplay.pl?

I'll try it on my board, and include it in the main package, which I'll then add to the first post. I'll also add back in the English language file, and try a code posted for the smilies, and see if it works.

Progress. Maybe not super fast, but progress, none the less.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #23 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Works for me...

I've attached ShoutDisplay.pl with the change that driven made...

I'm going to be a bit busy tonight, but I'll take a look at some of these settings not working when I get chance...

ShoutDisplay.zip ( 5 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Re: Community Project -- Shoutbox Mod 2.3.1 b0.1
Reply #24 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
First post updated with new information and a new zip file.

The mod now functions, even if barely.

The english language file has been added back in, and I have added the 'make sure you type something before shouting' alert to the language file, so it is no longer hard coded.

Most of it should be a copy of the last version, but if some kind people will update any desired language files for the newest version, I will include them in the zip package.

Today and/or tomorrow, I will try and see if I can get smilies working with some codes somebody posted in the old thread ... may or may not work.

There is one thing that really ought to be done before I bother to take any pictures for this mod, but it is something I am not any good at.

Currently, the enclosed mod to add the shoutbox to the board index doesn't add it very well. It is just stuck as an odd little box at the bottom of the screen, off to the side.

Can anybody who doesn't get completely screwed up by HTML tables update that mod to make the entire info center into a table with the Shoutbox on the left side of the screen, taking about 20% of the width, and the info center on the right side, taking about 80%?

Or perhaps two versions, nearly identical, but one for the left, and one for the right.

Eventually, when Jet Li releases the latest version of Ronnie's Recent Users List, we'll probably even want to do one that has one on one side, the other on the other, with the info center in the middle, but obviously we can't do it yet, since the mod isn't finished yet.

Tables throw me, but can anybody else manage that?

Progress, folks ... we are making progress.

IP Logged

LWS

must be BLIND!!

Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Thats why i made mine actually part of the info center... it will just be resized along with the rest of the info center by other mods that effect the area Wink  and i like the longer display area to keep semi long shouts all on one line .. but when i get a chance.. Ill work up a little table on the leftfor ya..might be a few days im working 12 hour midnight shifts till tuesday Sad

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
I have it neatly installed, I'll try to get a mod file out tonight. I have other mods installed so I will try to sort it out

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #27 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
No hurries ... I'll just be happy if somebody can do it ... that's one of the parts I can't do.

But I *did* manage to get the alert string into the language file ... learn a little here, a little there, someday I might even be able to program this stuff.  Grin

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #28 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 12:46am
Print Post  
For some reason this is the same code I use for my Y2.1 board but for some reason in YaBB2.3.1 I have problems with IE7 and firefox3. I have scrolling="yes" in the shoutbox iframe and in firefox I can see the scroll bars but they are greyed out.  In IE7 the shoutbox iframe doesn't scale to the table width but the horizontal scroll bar does work and vertical scroll bar is still greyed out.   Any ideas? I have scrolling set to "no" so that both browsers at least display the shoutbox correctly but I would really like to have the scrolling option is at all possible.

Below is a layout mod to the BoardIndex.template.  It neatly puts the shoutbox to the left of the Info Center.

shoutbox_template0_1.zip ( 1 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

ThM
God Member

Reply #29 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
For me it's the same in IE and FF. I have set scrolling="yes" in the shoutbox iframe but they are greyed out.

Another thing:

Smilies and UBBC tags works if you cklick on it with two small changes in the code.

Found in Shoutbox.pl:

Code
Select All
	print qq~<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="$html_root/shout.js" type="text/javascript"></script>~; 

and add the highlighted:

Code
Select All
	print qq~<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="$yyhtml_root/shout.js" type="text/javascript"></script>~; 

Same in ShoutDisplay.pl:

Found here:

Code
Select All
<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="$html_root/shout.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 

and add the highlighted:

Code
Select All
<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="$yyhtml_root/shout.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 

Hope, this is another small piece for this mod, so it runs reasonably sensible.   Wink

Greeting ThM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42
Send TopicPrint