Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Last IP V1.2 (Read 6048 times)
Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Last IP V1.2
Dec 14th, 2005 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
I've never actually "officially" announced the release of this mod (I don't know why - maybe I just got sidetracked).  It's been available from the mod database for awhile, though.  But anyhow, this mod is now "officially announced" and available for download both from this post and from my web site.  It has been reworked to fit YaBB 2.1 and an "add-on" to the Hidden User Mod has been created.

Some of you might already have this mod installed.  If you do, uninstall the previous version before installing this one.

Last IP V1.2

Last IP Mod Ver. 1.2 by "Mongo" aka, Brian Longo
URL to documentation: http://www.eyeontoccoa.com/mods/
email: webmaster@eyeontoccoa.com
Release Date: December 12, 2005

Tested on and coded for YaBB 2.0 Final and YaBB 2.1.

**Overview:

This mod will add a column on your Memberlists (both regular and admin) showing each user's IP address when they last logged into the board.  This mod will also show your user's last IP in their user profile if you so desire.

**Install notes: 

You cannot have the Hidden User mod installed and then try to install the Last IP mod (or visa-versa) as portions of both mods modify the same parts of certain files.  Please use the Last IP for Hidden User addon if you wish to use both mods (install the Hidden User Mod first then apply the addon). 

1) Uninstall any previous version of this mod.
2) Run new version of mod appropriate for your board's version (2.0 Final or 2.1)
3) Upload last_ip.lng files to your Languages directory.
4) Upload the last_ip.pl file into your Admin directory (default permisssions will work).
5) Activate all or parts of mod in Admin Center under Installed Mods.

Switches include:
--Enable/diasable Last IP entirely.
--Allow/disallow gmods to view last IPs.
--Show user's last IP in their profile.

Modifies the following files:
-AdminIndex.pl
-YaBB.pl
-Admin/AdminSubList.pl
-Admin/ModList.pl
-Admin/ViewMembers.pl
-Sources/LogInOut.pl
-Sources/Memberlist.pl
-Sources/Profile.pl
-Sources/Subs.pl
-Sources/System.pl
-Adds a variable valled "last_ip" in each user's .vars file.
-Admin Center settings are stored in the Variables directory called "last_ip.txt".

**Many thanks to JetLi for providing a German translation of this mod!

If you have any problems, comments, or bug reports, send them to: webmaster@eyeontoccoa.com.

Version History:
## 1.0 ##
- Original Release

## 1.1 ##
-- Adjusted code to work with YaBB 2.0 Final

## 1.2 ##
-- Adjusted code to work with YaBB 2.1
-- Added "Last IP" to user profile

Michael, if you would, update the mod database with this version and remove the "Hidden User and Last IP mod" from the database.  This mod renders that "mega-mod" obsolete.

last_IP_V1-2.zip ( 19 KB | Downloads )

--I no longer have time to work on my mods.  If anyone wants to continue what I've started, be my guest.  Please read my notes in my profile for more information.

--Mongo

IP Logged

Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Re: Last IP V1.2
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Thanks Mongo. Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Hi Mongo
I have try install Last_IP_V1-2_for_Hidden_User_addon_YaBB_2_1

and get error in this Steps:

Code
Select All
now installing: Last IP V1.2 for Hidden User for YaBB 2.1 addon 1.2
(Last_IP_V1-2_for_Hidden_User_addon_YaBB_2_1.mod)

Step 1 ... ok

Step 2 ... ok

Step 3 ... ok

Step 4 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 5 ... ok

Step 6 ... ok

Step 7 ... ok

Step 8 ... ok

Step 9 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 10 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 11 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 12 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 13 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 14 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found

Step 15 ... ok

Step 16 ... ok

Step 17 ... ok

Step 18 ... ok

> modifications failed! 7 errors occured. No files will be modified. Please see readme for help on the
error messages. 

I have hidden Mod V1.6 and Link IP V1.2 installed.  Wink I think your modfile that I see, is for Hidden user V1.5?
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2005 at 9:06pm by Jeff »  

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Mongo
I have try install Last_IP_V1-2_for_Hidden_User_addon_YaBB_2_1

and get error in this Steps:

I have hidden Mod V1.6 and Link IP V1.2 installed.  Wink I think your modfile that I see, is for Hidden user V1.5?

The problem you're running into is with the Link IP mod.  Those 3 mods must be installed in this order:

1) Hidden User mod
2) Last IP for Hidden User Mod addon
3) LinkIP for Last IP and Hidden User mod

Uninstall the Link IP mod, then install the Last IP patch, then install the Link IP for Last IP and Hidden User mod.  This should fix your problem.

I have V1.6 of the Hidden User mod with the Last IP patch (1.2) and the Link IP mod on my board and I did not encounter a conflict.  Of course, having created all 3, I knew which order to install them in.  I should've been a little more descript when I put out this mod.  I'll try to re-write the installation procedure a little beter sometime in the next week or so.

--I no longer have time to work on my mods.  If anyone wants to continue what I've started, be my guest.  Please read my notes in my profile for more information.

--Mongo

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
hm, in my profile you see I have install hidden mod first. The last below is installed
Link IP_hidden_user patch with

>>Link IP for Search for IP add-on (astropilot's mod)
>>Users Today patch
>>Link IP for Who Is Where add-on (XTC's mod)
>>Link IP for YaMMS add-on (Cartsen's mod)

Search, user today, who is where and Yamms patch I have included in one modfile in Link IP for Hidden User Mod

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Well, Last IP and YaMMS will probably clash.  Both extend the Memberlist.pl file.  The Last IP mod only extends the table one column for the users' last IP while YaMMS, as you know, includes the last 3.  I suppose, if you want, you can alter the last IP mod to not nest itself into Memberlist.pl, but you'll still have problems installing it due to the link IP mod.

As I said, it would be best to uninstall the Link IP for Hidden User mod, then install the Last IP for Hidden User addon, then the Link IP for Last IP and Hidden User Mod.  You can leave the Link IP for Search for IP add-on (astropilot's mod), Users Today patch, Who Is Where add-on, and YaMMS add-on installed as they're not affected by the Link IP for Last IP and Hidden User mod.  They're pretty much standalone patches.

If you want to leave YaMMS installed, just try fiddling with the Last IP for Hidden Users addon until you get it to fit.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Memberlist.pl file is the only one that would clash.

Otherwise, I can try taking a look at it the first chance I get, but that may not be until Monday at the earliest, and even then I can't guarantee anything during the holidays.

--Mongo

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
ok
I have uninstall link ip hidden user mod and try last ip hidden mod get same error.

I will send you my 2 files via email to check this next week if you have time.

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #7 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
I have sent you a .mod file that should nestle in with YaMMS, Jet Li.  Let me know if it works.  If it does, I'll make adjustments to the other mods (Link IP and Last IP for YaBB 2.0) and release those.

--Mongo

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #8 - Dec 17th, 2005 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Hi
thnx. I have send it back with fixed Step 10, but 9, 11 and 12 I cannot find it.

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

the singing detective

The Singing Detective

Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Hi Mongo

How is this mod progressing, is it nearly ready? My mods keep asking for it...

Cheers
TSD

The Singing Detective
IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Mongo

How is this mod progressing, is it nearly ready? My mods keep asking for it...

Cheers
TSD

Are you referring to the Last IP for YaMMS patch?  If so, I haven't had much of a chance to tinker with it.

Or, more specifically, if you would tell me what you're asking about, I can help you better. 

I've kind of put this project on the side while I've been busy racking my brains against the "Users Today" mod, but since that seems near completion, I'll re-focus on this.

--Mongo

IP Logged

the singing detective

The Singing Detective

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Hi Mongo

Sorry, I wasn't referring to the Yamms patch as I don't have Yamms installed, just wondered if this mod was out of the beta phase and ready  to be final or if there was more work needed on it.. If it  is final then I will install it..

I had this installed on my sp1.1 board and my moderators are missing the ability to link an IP address to a user. Unfortunately we get some members registering themselves more than once to cause trouble (only occasionally) so it is good to be able to see if one user has registered under multiple names by being able to see their IP addresses..

Thanks
TSD

The Singing Detective
IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Mongo

Sorry, I wasn't referring to the Yamms patch as I don't have Yamms installed, just wondered if this mod was out of the beta phase and ready  to be final or if there was more work needed on it.. If it  is final then I will install it..

It's not final, per se, but it is very stable.  I've been running it for 4 months now on my production board and I've never had a problem with it.  All links open into another window.

--Mongo

IP Logged

the singing detective

The Singing Detective

Reply #13 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
All links open into another window.

Thanks Mongo

Will there be a Yamms patch? I have just upgraded to 2.1 and I am playing around with some mods at the moment..

Does you Last IP mod make the IP addresses hyperlinked to the user?

Thanks Again..

The Singing Detective
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint