Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Distilled Email Domains beta 4 Y2 (Read 9037 times)
freddy-lives

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Re: Distilled Email Domains beta 4 Y2
Reply #45 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
I'm having problems installing this mod which is a shame as I've recently started to get spammers registering on my forum. I think the conflict is to do with having YaMMS 4 installed. If I install the distilled emails mod first then when I install YaMMS that plays up and vice versa. I've even narrowed it down to the profile.pl. When I've attempted to modify the code manually, it messes up people's profiles.

Code
Select All
	$yymain .= qq~

<form 'sid'}" method="post" name="creator">

<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" width="100%" align="center" class="bordercolor" border="0"> 

That's what it tells me to search for in step 9.

I have this code after the $yymain= qq~

Code
Select All
<div class="bordercolor" style="padding: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; width: 100%;"> 

I've tried changing the order but that's when I ran into problems.

Any help is appreciated with this one. Smiley

IP Logged

Rad_one

I love BoardMod!

Reply #46 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 3:49am
Print Post  
just to let you know i installed your mod.

thanks.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

IP Logged

Autonerdz

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #47 - Apr 3rd, 2007 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Thank you for this mod.  With the new spammer methods i really needed to to save my board  Smiley

I put it in yesterday and have been getting some unusual error logs related to the mod.  Here is an example:

Untrapped Error:
Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <-- HERE @znahov.org/ at ./Sources/Profile.pl line 1097.

YaBB.pl?board=&action=profileContacts2

This one was generated by a member.  I accidentally banned his IP because I interpreted this as a spam bot because of the znahov.org.  This domain is banned in distiller and is a known spam domain.

Can you help me interpret this error?  I have had others:

Untrapped Error:
Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <-- HERE @*.info/ at ./Sources/Register.pl line 331.

YaBB.pl?board=&action=register2

Again...the *.info is banned in distiller and a known spam domain.  This is an unknown user.

Should I be ignoring these?  Perhaps my member has had his computer compromised?  Am I just getting too paranoid  Undecided

Thanks for any thoughts,
Tom

IP Logged

Autonerdz

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #48 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Some additional information on this error....

I have had more members logging this error and getting the error message on their end:

An Error Has Occurred!

Untrapped Error:
Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <-- HERE @*.info/ at ./Sources/Profile.pl line 1097.

This user was updating their profile to hide email from public when this error was received.  They were unable to update their profile.

They tried it twice and logged two error logs with the above text.

This mod has saved my board, and I am very thankful.  Just wanted to bring this bug to your attention and see if you have any ideas. 

I followed the install precisely and the mod is doing it's job very well.  Just these weird errors. 

Thanks,
Tom

IP Logged

Autonerdz

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #49 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 7:35am
Print Post  
OK, I created the bug myself  Roll Eyes

I had put @ in my blocked domain strings.  DOH!

After I removed them, all seems well now. 

*spambob.net

not

*@spambob.net 

Great mod.   8)

IP Logged

iamnettie

The one and only

Reply #50 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 12:22am
Print Post  
YAHHHOOO...worked first shot!  THANK YOU!

IP Logged

hannibal

Yabb is cool!

Reply #51 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Hi all,

Great mod, I am having a lot of issues with spammers and fake members. One issue: I can't get the mod to work because I have issues with step 9, the needed string cannot be found in my profile.pl.

Quote:
yymain .= qq~

<form 'sid'}" method="post" name="creator">

<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" width="100%" align="center" class="bordercolor" border="0">

What can I do to fix this ? I have checked the Profile.pl, but I cannot exactly locate WHERE the string should be hiding.

Thanx people,

Jur
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2007 at 9:21pm by hannibal »  
IP Logged

ExhaultedRuler

Up, Up, and Away!!

Reply #52 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:15am
Print Post  
hannibal wrote on Apr 19th, 2007 at 11:03am:
Hi all,

Great mod, I am having a lot of issues with spammers and fake members. One issue: I can't get the mod to work because I have issues with step 9, the needed string cannot be found in my profile.pl.

What can I do to fix this ? I have checked the Profile.pl, but I cannot exactly locate WHERE the string should be hiding.

Thanx people,

Jur

It may be a "space"...that's all you need to screw up BOARDMOD.

Irwin's Superman Adventures Message Boards - Everything you ever wanted to know about the Hawaiian Superman!
IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

Don't follow me, I'm lost
too!

Reply #53 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
That's true.  Sometimes in order to find the search string anomalies, you just have to take a somewhat unique portion of the search string and look for that.  In your case, try searcing your Profile.pl for
Code
Select All
<form action="$scripturl?action=profileContacts2;username=$INFO{'username'};si d=$INFO{'sid'}" method="post" name="creator">

If that comes up empty, try looking for just a portion of that search string.  The more you cut it down, the more likely you are to come up with multiple matches, so you have to use a bit of logical thinking to find the right portion that matches what the mod is looking for.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint