Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Templating YaBB With Dreamweaver (Read 2089 times)
Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Templating YaBB With Dreamweaver
Jun 24th, 2006 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
This is also posted on the Graphics, Templates, and Webdesigns board over on YaBBForum.com.

----------

I'm hoping several of us can get a conversation started here about how to create and edit YaBB 2.x templates and themes with Adobe/Macromedia's Dreamweaver.  Ideally with as many people contributing as possible, some of a tutorial can be compiled... and eventually be added to the YaBB Codex.

If you have any experience using Dreamweaver to create and edit templates & themes for YaBB 2.x... please post your how-to's, hints, tips and tricks!

Let's create some additional looks for YaBB! Wink

IP Logged

T3rrabug

I love YaBB  2 :D

Re: Templating YaBB With Dreamweaver
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
I dont think its a good idea to use Dreamweaver. Even if it is the best Wysiwyg, it still creates ugly code. For templating you really would have to correct many parts of the code  Undecided
I also used D. for quite a long time for everything until I noticed that writing it manually is much more easier than using a Wysiwyg.

IP Logged

Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Re: Templating YaBB With Dreamweaver
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Hi T3rrabug,

T3rrabug wrote on Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:55pm:
I dont think its a good idea to use Dreamweaver. Even if it is the best Wysiwyg, it still creates ugly code. For templating you really would have to correct many parts of the code  Undecided
I also used D. for quite a long time for everything until I noticed that writing it manually is much more easier than using a Wysiwyg.

Agreed, more often than not it's easier to do things by hand. 

Problem is though... many peops don't want to learn how to code by hand... no interest, no time, no ability even if they wanted to.  Some people want to work with what they are comfortable with... "and the hell with the code".  Others still write their own DW rules for templating to their needs (latest version of DW supports templating for Movable Type now, would be great to see this type of DW support for Y2.x). Grin

There are some who would rather switch their scripting applications rather than having to do everything by hand.  There are many more novices who want ready-made solutions than there are people interested in coding for their individual needs.

My idea here is to address that.  Hopefully YaBB'ers like yourself and others who have experience with Dreamweaver can collaborate on some useful suggestions, techniques, tips & tricks to template YaBB with it. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint