Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Alert Moderator 1.0 (Read 38288 times)
Bombest

Rock On!

Re: Alert Moderator 1.0
Reply #90 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Hey,

I have this problem... please help me.

First, the quick save thing is not working... I uploaded evey file in ASCII except the images for sure (in binary) chmoded everything as Jet Li said in a previous post. However, the alert mod. works perfect when done per board and i got no problem to do it per board.

Second, when i go into the boards to modify them... they work good and alert the admin. but when i choose the global moderators who should recieve the alert it gives me this error "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/yabb2/AdminIndex.pl on this server." even though the AdminIndex.pl is chmod 755

Please i need quick help... Thank you

IP Logged

aerow90

Reply #91 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Martin_W
MF-B give me code to test the Moderator Status.

New Update in Attach.

Changelog:
1.04 : Fixed to remove Alertoption in profile - Option, if user is no more Moderator.

Hi, can you tell me which files I must edit because I got an error during the deinstalling

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #92 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:11am
Print Post  
aerow90 wrote on Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:04am:
Hi, can you tell me which files I must edit because I got an error during the deinstalling

Hi aerow90

First Step from Sources/Profile.pl  Wink

this was in 1.03

Code
Select All
	if(${$uid.$user}{'alertmodpref'} eq "not-assigned" || ${$uid.$user}{'alertmodpref'} eq ""){
	  $alertmodpref = ""; 

New is in 1.04

Code
Select All
	my $alertmodchk = &is_moderator($user);
	if(${$uid.$user}{'alertmodpref'} eq "not-assigned" || ${$uid.$user}{'alertmodpref'} eq "" || (!$alertmodchk && ${$uid.$user}{'position'} ne "Administrator" && ${$uid.$user}{'position'} ne "Global Moderator")){
	  $alertmodpref = qq~<input type="hidden" name="alertmodpref" value="" />~; 

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

aerow90

Reply #93 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Hmm I deinstalled the profile.pl an installed the new one, but now I have the same problem like in the hidden user mod:

http://www.boardmod.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newsy2;action=display;num=1128379317;...

The alertmod is not more here and if I activate nothing happened, all checkboxes I have clicked are after saving unclicked

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #94 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Hi
sorry, but this mod doesnt touch hidden mod.  Shocked

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

aerow90

Reply #95 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:37am
Print Post  
hmm yes, but the probelem is, same I have with the hidden user mod, when I click functions on and save them, they are all unclicked and nothing had happened

IP Logged

aerow90

Reply #96 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:54am
Print Post  
OK FOUND BUG THANKS

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #97 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:57am
Print Post  
aha your bug?  Grin Wrong editing?  Tongue

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

aerow90

Reply #98 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 10:09am
Print Post  
The problem was that I had not unistalled the old version completly, and  then both do not worked.

But the hidden user mod had this problem, and I do not find the error!

IP Logged

Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #99 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Bombest wrote on Sep 4th, 2006 at 8:59am:
Hey,

I have this problem... please help me.

First, the quick save thing is not working... I uploaded evey file in ASCII except the images for sure (in binary) chmoded everything as Jet Li said in a previous post. However, the alert mod. works perfect when done per board and i got no problem to do it per board.

Second, when i go into the boards to modify them... they work good and alert the admin. but when i choose the global moderators who should recieve the alert it gives me this error "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/yabb2/AdminIndex.pl on this server." even though the AdminIndex.pl is chmod 755

Please i need quick help... Thank you

So in the per-board part, you can select some admins, and save them?  But when you then select some global mods and click save, you get the error??

What about board moderators or moderator membergroups??  Do they save and work ok??

The quick-save feature......when you say doesn't work, after you have made the choices and clicked save, when you enter a board to check settings, have they not been ammended??

IP Logged

Bombest

Rock On!

Reply #100 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Martin_W wrote on Sep 4th, 2006 at 4:31pm:
So in the per-board part, you can select some admins, and save them?  But when you then select some global mods and click save, you get the error??

What about board moderators or moderator membergroups??  Do they save and work ok??

The quick-save feature......when you say doesn't work, after you have made the choices and clicked save, when you enter a board to check settings, have they not been ammended??

Well, i tried it now and it works good when i choose the board moderators and also when i choose moderator membergroups... but when i choose especially the global moderators it gives the same error.

About the quick save... yeah, when i click save and then go to the board to check the settings it doesn't ammend.

IP Logged

Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #101 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Can you PM me a temporary Admin Account?

IP Logged

Pikku

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #102 - Mar 31st, 2007 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Thanks, nice MOD!

Still I have small proplem. We use textlinks. Can someone tell me how can I fix this? Ther is no text after the Alert pic.

Sorry my english is so bad and our forum is in Finnish.

Edited:
I just update Menu.lag file and now it is all right. Some reason it is not update first time..

alert.jpg ( 4 KB | Downloads )
alert.jpg

IP Logged

freddy-lives

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #103 - May 12th, 2007 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Is there any chance this mod could be expanded to include private messages? So if a user receives a private message from another member which they find offensive, they can click alert mod and I would receive a copy of the message?

IP Logged

lym

Reply #104 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I've had this mod on my forum working fine for almost 2 years, last week it's just suddenly stopped working. When I press the 'Submit Alert Request' I get an 500 Internal Server Error. I thought it might be something to do with my webhost as I haven't changed any forum files for about a year. So I contacted them, they've had a look but can't seem to find any problems at their end. The reply I got from them was 'Since the main Yabb.pl script works, I'm guessing this function calls another script or perhaps a module and the problem lies there.'

I have no clue where to look, does anyone have any idea what the problem may be and how to fix it? My moderators and myself are lost without this mod.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint