Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Users Today Ver. 1.8 (Read 46188 times)
Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Users Today Ver. 1.8
Nov 28th, 2005 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
UPDATE: you will need this fix to get the mod working: users_today_fix.zip
-----------------

First off, I got the OK from Daicogra today to port this mod for YaBB 2.  I'm glad, too, as I've been wanting to add this mod and a lot of others have requested it.  I not only have ported the original to work with YaBB 2, but have made some enhancements, hopefully ones that you'd like.  Mod and necessary files are contained within the zip file in this post or you can get them from my web site at: http://www.eyeontoccoa.com/mods. ; Also on my site is a series of screenshots for this mod.

By the way, this mod will install cleanly on both YaBB 2.0 and YaBB 2.1.

Users (and Guests) Today Ver. 1.8

**Original code and concept by Daicogra for YaBB 1.1.  Re-coding to work with YaBB 2.x as well as "Enhancements" to this mod have been made by Brian Longo.  I DO NOT take credit for the original concept of this mod.  However, I will take credit for the enhancements to this mod.

**Overview:

Daicoga's original version:
-- Count the number of members that visit your board on any given day.  At midnight, the counter is reset to zero.

My "enhancements":
-- Added the capability to count guests.  Counter for guests resets to zero at midnight.
-- Option to show or not show the number of guests along with the number of members in the Users Online Today box in Board Index.
-- Option to allow or disallow guests from seeing the Users Online Today box in Board Index.
-- Admin has the option of viewing the Guest IP Log in the Users Today section of the Admin Center below configuration box.
-- Admin has the option of enabling number of guests in Board Index as a link to go directly to the Users Today section of the Admin Center to view the Guest IP Log.
-- Admin can see user/guest stats for forum by day (log file).
-- Admin can view when most users/guests came to their board, as well as total number of users/guests and average users/guests per day.
-- Admin can choose to see log file for X days via an input value.
-- Admin can choose to use this as a "Log Only" mod where the Users Today block will not show up in the Board Index, yet still keep user/guest stats for the board.

**Installation Instructions:

1) As always, back up your current board first!
2) Uninstall any previous version of this mod.
3) Run this mod.
4) Upload the modded files and make sure their CHMOD settings are correct.
5) Upload the users_today.pl file to your Admin directory and CHMOD it to 666 (like the rest of the files in that directory).
6) Upload the users_today.lng file to your Languages/English directory and CHMOD it to 777 (like the rest of the .lng files in that directory).
7) Upload the users_today_2.pl file to your Sources directory and CHMOD it to 755 (like the rest of the files in that directory).

**Modifies the following files:

-- AdminIndex.pl
-- YaBB.pl
-- Admin/AdminSubList.pl
-- Admin/ModList.pl
-- Sources/BoardIndex.pl
-- Sources/SubList.pl
-- Templates/default/BoardIndex.template

## Thanks to Jet Li for providing a German translation for this mod ##

**Please report any comments, questions, problems and/or bugs to webmaster@eyeontoccoa.com

Version History:

## 1.0 ##
-- First release (rewrote original code to work with YaBB 2 and added enhancements)

## 1.1 ##
-- Created a seperate users_today_2.pl file as mod was getting to be very large in BoardIndex.pl.
-- Added option to list guests' IP addresses in Users Today list in the board index.
-- Fixed a minor bug where if the show guests' IP addresses in the Users Today box option was selected, the IP addresses didn't display correctly.

## 1.2 ##
-- Minor bugs fixed as well as fixed a "collision" with AK108's Board Index User Cache mod.
-- Enhanced the users_today_2.pl file (Sources) where stats are being tracked for users and guests.
-- Enhanced the users_today.pl file (Admin) to allow admin to choose their date/time format, see the "Max Stats" (Most users/guests on, total number of users/guests to their board, average number of users/guest per day).
-- Also, admin can now view user/guest log file in Users Today Admin screen.

## 1.3 ##
-- Added input value to see the log file X amount of days.  Log will continue to build, but will only show X days from current date.
-- Fixed problem with tables being viewed in different broswers (padding/margin issue).

## 1.4 ##
-- Added a new variable where the Admin can choose to not display the Users Today block in the Board Index and just use the mod to track user/guest stats.

## 1.5 ##
-- New "double check" system implemented where sometimes user names weren't being added with only the $username variable - now uses the log's $name variable to add those "stubborn" names to the userstoday.txt file.   

## 1.6 ##
-- Fixed bug where log would get messed up from using both $dd and $mday from DateTime.pl.  Now a uniform date variable is used from the server.

## 1.7 ##
-- Added capability to view log in Admin Center in three different ways:
   - Full log (all entries)
   - "X" amount of days from the last log entry
   - From "A" date to "B" date
-- Added option for users to view log from YaBB.pl.  Admin has control of which groups (Admins, GMods, users, guests) are able to view the "public log" via the Admin Center.

## 1.8 ##
-- Fixed a few spots where hardcoded text was present in the users_today_2.pl file.
-- Fixed a few bugs from last version and also added a "Clean Log" option and a "Recover Log" option.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2007 at 6:45pm by Administrator »  

users_today_V1-8.zip ( 20 KB | Downloads )

--I no longer have time to work on my mods.  If anyone wants to continue what I've started, be my guest.  Please read my notes in my profile for more information.

--Mongo

IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Re: Users Today Ver. 1
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
And if any of you are using my Link IP mod, I have a mod created that turns the IP addresses in the Users Today Guest Log from text to links.  The mod is attached to this post.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:32pm by Mongo »  

--I no longer have time to work on my mods.  If anyone wants to continue what I've started, be my guest.  Please read my notes in my profile for more information.

--Mongo

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Hi
can you make this with Hidden Mod compatible?  8) I am hidden but it showing in today online.  Wink

I like this mod.  8)

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 28th, 2005 at 6:46pm:
Hi
can you make this with Hidden Mod compatible?  8) I am hidden but it showing in today online.  Wink

I like this mod.  8)

I don't see why not.  It might take a bit of time to get the coding straight, but other than that, the concept isn't far-reaching.

But before I start working on it, are you suggesting that if a user is hidden, they should not be shown in the "Users Today" list?  If that's what you mean, then, yes, I can get started on that aspect.

--Mongo

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
yes, i mean, if a user is hidden, that wil showing on today online list. I think this would hidden too.

for testing:

http://www.forumbutler.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

username: testuser
password: test

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 28th, 2005 at 7:01pm:
yes, i mean, if a user is hidden, that wil showing on today online list. I think this would hidden too.

for testing:

http://www.forumbutler.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

username: testuser
password: test

I thought that's what you meant.  Yeah, I can keep the users off of the Users Today list if they're hidden.  In fact, I'll make that an Admin option in the next release.

--Mongo

IP Logged

mimit

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #6 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Looks really nice, THANKS A LOT MONGO!!!!!!  Wink

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Hi
here my german translation, but number 10 i cant translate it  Cry

maybe CasRas or T3rrabug? I hope.  Kiss

Code
Select All
###############################################################################
# users_today.lng (Register text definitions)					   #
# Mod:		Users Today												    #
# Version:	  Beta 1.0								    #
# YaBB:	     YaBB 2.x								    #
# Released:	 November 16, 2005							 #
# Distributed by: Mongo - webmaster@eyeontoccoa.com				   #
# =========================================================================== #
# Copyright 2005 - Mongo - Eye On Toccoa (webmaster@eyeontoccoa.com)	    #
# Questions, comments, feedback about this mod should be directed to Mongo.   #

%uttxt = (
'1' => "Es war heute ",
'1a' => "Es waren heute ",
'2' => " Gast auf dem Board.",
'2a' => " Gäste auf dem Board.",
'2b' => " Gast auf dem Board.",
'2c' => " Gäste auf dem Board.",
'3' => " Mitglied auf dem Board: ",
'3a' => " Mitglieder auf dem Board: ",
'4' => "Gäste & ",
'4a' => "Mitglieder heute Online",
'5' => "Erlaube Gäste, um die Gäste/Mitglieder heute Online Liste zu sehen?",
'6' => "Zeigen Sie die heutigen Anzahl der Gästen in Online Liste?",
'7' => "Gäste IP Log für heute",
'8' => "Gastzählung insgesammt: ",
'9' => "Zeige Gäste IP Log?<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;<i>(Gäste IP Log erscheint unter diesem Block)</i>",
'10' => "Anzahl der Gäste verlinken?<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;<i>(Die Anzahl der Gäste wird mit den entsprechenden Logfiles verlinkt)</i>",
'11' => "Gäste' IP Adressen in heutigen Gäste Liste auflisten?",
'100' => "Users Online Today Mod",
'101' => "Author: ",
'102' => "Brian Longo",
);

1; 

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2005 at 9:38pm by Jeff »  

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

T3rrabug

I love YaBB  2 :D

Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Code
Select All
'10' => "Zahl der Gäste in einen Link umwandeln?<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;<i>(Die Zahl der Gäste wir in einen Link, der auf die entsprechenden Logfiles zeigt umgewandelt )</i>",

or

Code
Select All
'10' => "Anzahl der Gäste verlinken?<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;<i>(Die Anzahl der Gäste wird mit den entsprechenden Logfiles verlinkt)</i>",

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #9 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Hi
thnx, i have add it in post #7 with your second translation. This shows in User Today Setting.

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

shanda

~*~  Still I Rise  ~*~

Reply #10 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Mongo Smiley

I installed this Mod with no problem and it works great. Thanks again for yet another fine Mod  Kiss

~*~ shanda ~*~

IP Logged

Timmy

Chiro rules! Youthwork
forever!

Reply #11 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Same here, installed without a single problem, and works just fine.
Thank you for a great mod (if not The best mod for my forum Wink )

IP Logged

Mongo

Mongo only pawn in game
of life.

Re: Users Today Ver. 1.1
Reply #12 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
**New info - this .zip file contains English, German, and Dutch versions.  Many thanks to JetLi and jans for providing translations for the German and Dutch language files, respectively**

Thank you to those who've thanked me.  As I said in the Mod Requests area, "I have made a few enhancements to it so when it does come out (and it will eventually), it will be worth the wait."  I wasn't kidding, was I?  Smiley  I actually worked on this thing for quite a bit while trying to contact Daicogra.

Again, it's not really my mod, per se, just an enhanced and recoded one.  However, every now and then my ego needs to be fed, so, uhh, thanks.   Grin

I've already updated this mod to version 1.1.  It's got a couple of extra things on there that I didn't have time to put on earlier.  Also, new to this version, is a users_today_2.pl file that must be loaded in your Sources directory (see readme.txt or instructions in mod).  To install this mod, you will have to uninstall the last version.  I decided to create it's own .pl file because the mod was getting so big that the BoardIndex.pl file was getting bloated.  Also, if I felt like adjusting the code or whatever would be easier this way.

I've also created a patch for my hidden user mod and this mod (as requested by JetLi).  Attached to this post you will find a mod that enables a hidden user to be left off the Users Today list.  And I initially forgot to mention that this patch only works with the latest version (1.1) of the Users Today mod since it looks for the users_today_2.pl file.

And before I forget, thanks for the jump on the translations, JetLi.  Might want to wait until just before final for it, though.  Smiley  Regardless, I do appreciate it.

As usual, if you have requests, problems, etc., let me know.  I'm pretty satisfied with it, but I'd be willing to add more to it anyone asks.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2006 at 9:59pm by Mongo »  

--Mongo

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #13 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Hi Mongo
many thnx, works great and post #7 are new translation added.  Wink

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #14 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Mongo
maybe if you have time, added which hidden user was online today, that only Administrator and Global Mods can see it?  Grin

I am go to sleep now.

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Send TopicPrint