Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [LP] Shoutbox Mod - Version 0.7 (Read 96749 times)
licata1708

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Re: [LP] Shoutbox Mod - Version 0.7
Reply #210 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
It's a pop up box that my computer tried to dowload/open like an attatchement, then stopped and the box hovered over your board, it was not oriented correctly.

IP Logged

Skink

I love cannabis

Reply #211 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
licata1708 wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 11:35pm:
It's a pop up box that my computer tried to dowload/open like an attatchement, then stopped and the box hovered over your board, it was not oriented correctly.

the orientation is probably firefox,I installed it and see the shoutbox is a little off the mark...

I am closer to the problem... It seems that my redirect is borked and I forget how I did it,,,LOLz...

http://ccannabis.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl works fine...

on the other hand

http://ccannabis.com/forum calls the script from my my main directory... so the prob is how I am redirecting,i should be redirecting http://ccannabis.com/forum to http://ccannabis.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl but thats not what 's  happening...

right now http://ccannabis.com/forum is calling ShoutDisplay.pl from my main directory..." I had put a copy of ShoutDisplay.pl in my main because it was calling it from there",but it produced the error of the script being in the Shoutbox... I now removed the ShoutDisplay.pl from my main directory and get a 404 not found in the shoutbox...

So my prob is finding where the redirect is happening and change it to open http://ccannabis.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

I know I did something slick to get the redirect,but I forget wtf I did...

Thanks for checking and confirming the problem...

IP Logged

Skink

I love cannabis

Reply #212 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 6:54am
Print Post  
it turns out the fix was to put a absolute url in yabb2/Templates/default.html... the iframe source in the default.html was ./ShoutDisplay.pl which is correct as far as my paths are concerned,so it is unclear to me why I had to change it to absolute... anyway I'm strait now...

I found the ofender and it was self induced... I put a ScriptAlias in the servers httpd file...
Code
Select All
ScriptAlias /forum "C://apache/htdocs/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl" 

Just thought I should clear that up...
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2006 at 7:25pm by Skink »  
IP Logged

Skink

I love cannabis

Reply #213 - Nov 26th, 2006 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
bumping this thread... this mod is working great for me...

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can lose the bottom scroll bar only??? I can't find the bit of code to change it or add to it...

Thanks

IP Logged

dumbelljunkie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #214 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Hi there !

Installed with only an error on step 9, this was due to an extra space in fronty of the = sign.
The prob is that I'm not good with html so could anybody help me out by putting the shout underneath the Recent User List ? There is a beautifull white space, and it should fit right in...

layout.png ( 19 KB | Downloads )
layout.png

IP Logged

steefking

beginner in Yabb

Reply #215 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
For one reason i can't get the shoutbox into the info center. I know something of HTML so i made something of it. But can someone tell what i do wrong? I followed de boardmod steps

The link is:
http://www.spellenhuis.nl/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

IP Logged

Tracker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #216 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 2:26am
Print Post  
I have seen this working so I know its good

I can’t seem to get it installed on my server. When I go to install it I get  problems with all 3 sections. The shoutbox.mod, shout-boardindex-template, and the shout-template.

1) The only way I was able to install both the templates was to copy my yabbfiles folder from my public_html into my cgi-bin\yabb2 folder – install the templates then copy my yabbfiles back into my public_html folder (I think the file path is wrong). But I don’t know if it worked because I cant install the mod itself…

2) On the shoutbox.mod I get… Step 5 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found….
Cry

IP Logged

boyowen

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #217 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Can the shoutbox be located inside of an specific board rather than in the board index?

Thanks

IP Logged

bill....

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #218 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
I found a bug in the shoutbox:

If a user uses the BB Code for quoting - [quote} text [/quote} - while posting in the shoutbox, it causes an "Internal Server Error" in the Shoutbox.

(For those who are going to try this out, the temporary solution is to delete the "Shout" from inside the Admin Center.  Once the shout has been deleted, the Internal Derver Error disappears.)

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Any solution?

My knowledge of perl is 0.  I have attempted to create a new language in the language directory and have the shoutbox load its Censor from the  Languages / Shout /Censor.txt (in which I wrote [quote}~ [b}Quote "[/b} ).  This way the language Censor should change the BB code for quoting to simply read an alternative text - Quote ".  However, this is not working either.

IP Logged

D0T-C0M
God Member

Reply #219 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
you'll find that support for this mod is almost non-existent. Its too bad as it is IMO one of the most useful mods here.

IP Logged

boyowen

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #220 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know how to have the 3 buttons at the bottom of the shoutbox in a horizontal layout rather than in vertical as it is by default?

Cheers

IP Logged

blarney

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #221 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Can anyone give some better instructions on how to install this.  I can't fine the file I need to use on boardmod I have downloaded all the other files but there is a jscrpt file I cannot figure out where to go.  I want to get this installed so I can install the portal template because that looks like what I have been looking for to make my board look just how I want it.

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #222 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Hi

I have installed the ShoutBox in 2.1. It can be found here: http://www.eulogia.co.uk/. It's great and I appreciate all the work that has been done on this by LoonyPandora.

I have the same problem that others have reported. Smileys only work from the popup screen but not the Smiley Bar. I have checked everything that I can to get it to work properly with no joy. I have read almost all the posts about this in the forum.

Has anybody figured out how to get it working in I.E?? If Yes. I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Many Thanks
Charles ???

IP Logged

windnwaves

Keep Smiling

Reply #223 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
blarney wrote on Feb 25th, 2007 at 4:01pm:
Can anyone give some better instructions on how to install this.  I can't fine the file I need to use on boardmod I have downloaded all the other files but there is a jscrpt file I cannot figure out where to go.  I want to get this installed so I can install the portal template because that looks like what I have been looking for to make my board look just how I want it.  

Blarney

The shout.js needs to be placed in the Yabbfiles directory you will find other .js files like post and yabbc

Let me know if you need help

Cheers

Windy

IP Logged

LWS

seek and ye shall find...i
must be BLIND!!

Reply #224 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 1:53am
Print Post  
hi all i figured i would go ahead and try this mod installation went smooth but i in when i try to save settings in admin..i get a 404 page not found any suggestions why this is happening?

problem solved ..changed

<form action="$adminurl?action=shoutsettings2" method="post">
to
<form action="$adminurl?action=ShoutSettings2" method="post">
in shoutadmin.pl
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2007 at 6:43am by LWS »  

LoneWebSurfer.com Nothing but YaBB templates
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 
Send TopicPrint