Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Advanced Instant Message Box 2.1 (Read 23456 times)
dOCdaS
God Member

Re: Advanced Instant Message Box 2.1
Reply #15 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Just to be real clear on this, this 'convert' file is to be run if you have a board currently running with members, etc.?

No you just have to run this once if you've already used an older version of the Advanced IMBox Mod before. It just reverses the order of the instant messages.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

caliman
God Member

Swanky

Reply #16 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I think we are saying the same thing, thanks.. I give it a go when everything is in place.

IP Logged

Alf

Reply #17 - Jan 10th, 2004 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Hi! Man... I just installed this on my board and it looks nice! Wink Now we'll have to wait until the users start tearing it apart to see if I messed something up. Grin

One question, though... I don't see a link to my 'Stored' folder anywhere. I just moved a bunch of old messages into my 'Stored' folder and now I don't see the link to access said folder. Did I do something wrong? Or did this get mistakenly bypassed? (I apply the mods by hand, so maybe I did something wrong here... Sad)

I tried typing the command in the address line myself and found that the folder can be reached via this address: YaBB.cgi?action=imstorage So, should I hard code that into the InstantMessage.pl file myself and if so, where exactly? ??? Is there a patch file?

Ok, enough questions about one thing... help! Grin

IP Logged

Alf

Reply #18 - Jan 10th, 2004 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Something else is missing... the BuddyList. Where am I supposed to see that? I activated it in the admin center, and it still doesn't show anywhere on thhe Instant message center or my profile or anywhere, really.

Help.

IP Logged

Alf

Reply #19 - Jan 10th, 2004 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Oh, man... I wish I could erase the messages I posted a while ago, so they won't be in your way. Turns out I had ommited that part of the code during the hand modification to the language file. I'd love to use BoardMod, but I'm on a Mac... so I gotta put up with doing all this by hand. After a few sleepless nights working on the board and the lit site, my brain is wasted. Roll Eyes I'm surprised I caught the mistake before actually getting some sleep!

I'll be more careful in the future, before posting questions like this... without proper troubleshooting first.

For what its worth, though: this mod kicks royal ass! Grin

Alf.

IP Logged

Alf

Ok, this time it IS a bug
Reply #20 - Jan 12th, 2004 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Ok, this bug is definitely there...

We started noticing that the buddylist would show people online who hadn't been online for hours. Shocked I cheked it out and it turns out that the buddylist apparently checks the access log (which I have set to log for 24 hours) instead of the online users log (which is set for a couple minutes). If it checked the online users log instead of the access log, the buddylist would show people that are actually online and the rest would appear under "offline".

I'll look into the BuddyIndex file and see if I can fix the problem (God have mercy on our souls! Roll Eyes), but if anyone has a quick fix, I'd love to know about it. I'll post anything I figure out to solve this.

Cheers!

PS. Great mod, did I mention that? Grin

IP Logged

Alf

Found it...
Reply #21 - Jan 12th, 2004 at 10:58am
Print Post  
I found the problem!

If any of you are using the Online/Click Log Combo Update Thingy mod (very useful mod by BHRA Webmaster), you'll notice that your buddylist shows people online who aren't necessarily on the online users list that displays on your board index. If you set your click_log time (let's say 5 hours) to a greater amount than your online_log time (let's say 3 minutes) --which you probably do--, your online buddylist is showing the buddies that have been active sometime in the last 5 hours, when what you really want is for it to show online the buddies that have been active in the last 3 minutes, and show the rest as offline. Needless to say: this sucks.

The reason for this is that the Online/Click Log Combo Update Thingy mod uses the log.txt file (originally intended for the online users list) for both the online users list and the click log (which originally used the click_log.txt file). Now that log.txt is used to log a greater amount of time, this makes your buddylist show the wrong information. So, the fix is right here (I tried it out on my board, and it works fine)...

Remember! This is only necessary if you have installed the Online/Click Log Combo Update Thingy mod by BHRA Webmaster on the same board as the Advanced Instant Message Box 2.1!!

On your Sources/Buddylist.pl file, search for:
Code
Select All
			foreach $curentry (@budentries) {
				chomp($curentry);
				($name, $value) = split(/\|/, $curentry);
				chomp($name);
				if( $name ) {
					if( $name eq "$bname") { 

...and replace it with this:
Code
Select All
			foreach $curentry (@budentries) {
				chomp($curentry);
				($tmp_name, $tmp_online, $tmp_ip, $tmp_time, $dummy ) = split(/\|/, $curentry);
				if (($time - $tmp_time) > ($OnlineLogTime * 60)) {last;}
				chomp($tmp_name);
				if( $tmp_name ) {
					if( $tmp_name eq "$bname") { 

Now the buddy list will read the same file, but will rule out the users whose most recent activity is not within the amount of time set to show users on the online list. Meaning: if one of your buddies last clicked on your board 5 minutes ago and you've set your online users list to show only users that have been active in the last 2 minutes, then that user won't show in your buddies list as online; he/she will show up on your buddylist as offline.

Hope this serves to help anyone out there wh might be using both mods at the same time... which there probably are a few, since both mods are very useful, not to mention simply cool.

Cheers! Grin
Alf.

IP Logged

Alf

Reply #22 - Jan 12th, 2004 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Hell of a monologue, huh? Undecided

Hehehe... couldn't help myself. Ok, I'll stop. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

dOCdaS
God Member

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2004 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Uah what a flood of messages! Shocked I never heard that problem before but i also don't think that much users really use the buddylist. It has nearly no function in yabb cause online users also might be seen in the who's online statistik. I often thought about removing the BuddyList from the IMBox cause of this. It just a bit simpler to not have to search your buddies you wanna message, you can just click them from the BuddyList. Anyway thx for posting the workaround to use both mods.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

caliman
God Member

Swanky

Reply #24 - Jan 13th, 2004 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I often thought about removing the BuddyList

Please don't remove it! I use it and I know a lot of my members do too. Although not perfect, Buddylist is a good idea.

IP Logged

dOCdaS
God Member

Reply #25 - Jan 14th, 2004 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Hmm'kay so i have to update it for more use later.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

No Clue

Reply #26 - Jan 16th, 2004 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Works like a charm!

Big Ups!

IP Logged

Alf

Reply #27 - Jan 17th, 2004 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Works like a charm!

Big Ups!

What does?

Just want to know if I should celebrate my first review or not. Ok, I'll go away now. Tongue

IP Logged

Stewart Gilray

Help me Obi-wan...

Reply #28 - Jan 19th, 2004 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Hmmm, trying to run convert.pl and it don't work...

Quote:
www.x x x.com [Mon Jan 19 04:32:18 2004] [error] [client xxx.xx.xx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: /usr/www/users/tnms2112/cgi-bin/convert.pl

Changed various things so that they are not visible...

It's just doing a ISE (500 error)

Don't know why?! really don't get it, I've tried putting effectively breakpoints in the code, but don't matter. it IS set to 777, the shebang is correct, so pass?!

Oh, I'm pretty urgent on this, as I have a site withh 600 members closed while I upgrade...

Is there any problem with having the messages in reverse? IE will it cause a problem, surely it's just data and the order in which it is fetched?

IP Logged

caliman
God Member

Swanky

Reply #29 - Jan 20th, 2004 at 1:51am
Print Post  
It's supposed to be in /cgi-bin/yabb/convert.pl.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Send TopicPrint