Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Advanced Instant Message Box 2.1 (Read 23452 times)
Sx

Re: Advanced Instant Message Box 2.1
Reply #135 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
did you've uploaded the InstantMessage.pl coming with the mod?

hahahaha, darn ... call me stupid  Grin
Indeed ... this was the only thing that went wrong.  Everything seems to work like a charm !!!!!!!

Thank you dOCda S for pointing me to this stupid N00b-mistake

IP Logged

Stewart Gilray

Help me Obi-wan...

Reply #136 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
did you've uploaded the InstantMessage.pl coming with the mod?

Bloody Hell Wink hi fella, long time no see.

IP Logged

Kong
God Member

Is it just me or is my
back hairy???

Reply #137 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 7:38am
Print Post  
dOCda S glad to see you back on the forums.

Hate to put you to work but I am really hoping you can help me with 3 incompatiilities between aimb21's instantmessaging.pl and 3 mods.

Click Here

Help would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

dOCdaS
God Member

Reply #138 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Hi Boys, hope my stay lasts some longer now. have to move again cause of my work next months. i worked again at aimb but failed again on making it faster. had no luck with my idea.

@kong: first install amm 1.5 then aimb. it does contain the code which amm changed in the instantmessage.pl already. for the other mods i have no idea and can`t check it atm cause i am at week 1 of my 3 weeks on holiday.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Kong
God Member

Is it just me or is my
back hairy???

Reply #139 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
I'm working on it right now again actually.

I noticed those were already tehre so I removed them from amm.

Currently I'm having a problem with coding from custom user titles.  Once i get that sorted out, if I do, I'll be testing to see if it works.

I am wonsering one thing though.... on the first page of this thread Dam Yankee has a patch for aimb that has to do with amm.  Something about IMing membergroups.

Doesn't AIMB already ahve that ability?  And if so do you know what the patch does?

IP Logged

Curtiss Grymala
God Member

YaBB?... Y Not?

Reply #140 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
The problem, Kong, is that AIMB doesn't modify your InstantMessage.pl file, it completely replaces it.  The AMM patch simply re-modifies your brand-new InstantMessage.pl file that comes with AIMB.

At least, that's the way I understand it.  That's one of the two main issues I have with this mod (the fact that it doesn't modify your existing InstantMessage.pl, so all modifications that have been previously made to your InstantMessage.pl are null and void once you put this mod on your boards).  The other issue I have with this mod is the fact that I was never able to get it to work with Carsten's NPF mod.  It would be really cool to see a version of this mod that works with NPF.   Grin

Currently using Y2.3 With no mods (though that will hopefully change, soon).

Click Here To See A List Of All The Mods I've Written
IP Logged

Kong
God Member

Is it just me or is my
back hairy???

Reply #141 - Oct 17th, 2004 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
The problem, Kong, is that AIMB doesn't modify your InstantMessage.pl file, it completely replaces it.  The AMM patch simply re-modifies your brand-new InstantMessage.pl file that comes with AIMB.

I know.

I had 3 mods that were not compatble wth it though.  I had tried to fix this before but had problems.

I dont' knwo for sure but I thikn I have fixed it now.

I've just setup a test board running SP1.3.2 and all my mods including AIMB 2.1.

I had to modify a number of my mods to be 1.3.2 compatibly.  I just hope I did it right. Cheesy

I'd still prefer some help from dOCda S just to make sure though.

IP Logged

dOCdaS
God Member

Reply #142 - Oct 17th, 2004 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
as i said before, the code parts amm changes in instantmessage.pl are already built into the instantmessage.pl which comes with the mod. i saw a patch and tried to understand what it does and it seemed to removed a full feature. it hadn`t corrected the bug which was mentioned. don`t remember the problem but will re-read this post for the problem and will try to solve it.

hmm and what is the NPF mod? Could you please write the name out for me? Don`t want to search for it. thx.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Curtiss Grymala
God Member

YaBB?... Y Not?

Reply #143 - Oct 17th, 2004 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Nicer Post Form (the latest version is 3.0).

Here is a link

Currently using Y2.3 With no mods (though that will hopefully change, soon).

Click Here To See A List Of All The Mods I've Written
IP Logged

xtremecruiser

Reply #144 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
I have a good one, today all messages stopped working and they were fine for the last 2 years  Tongue
Now I cant send messages and when you try and read any of your old ones it takes you to the main page.
Plus in the admin area all settings for the messages are now gone  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

xtremecruiser

Reply #145 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
I removed the mod and re installed it and everything works now  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

mangust

Reply #146 - Nov 13th, 2004 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Hello!

Once my server was out of order. Afte it was brought to life, this Advenced IM Box Mod stoped working. I reinstall it. Then install again. I've got just ordinary features. Oh though I have all the advanced features in admin center non of them works. Nor counting new messages, not IM pop-up (I'm especially interested in) and etc.
Any ideas? Really don't know what's going on and what's wrong.

IP Logged

Pages from Sages

30 mods and adding more...

Reply #147 - Jan 6th, 2005 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Finally, an update for my most favorite mod! Thank you!

But I got a kind of a weird problem witht he update. I'm running my board in Dutch, and use the dutch.lng. I compared the changed you made to the english.lng and applied them ot the dutch file.
With the dutch.lng file all goes well and the board appears normally. When I set the language to english, the board hangs, crashing my Perl compiler. Before adding the update I didn't have this problem. Any clues?

[EDIT]

Oh yea, one cosmetic item I found. When using the buddylist, it sorts the list on the name the user logs on with, not the name shown to other users. Can you change this in a later update?

Fantasy is not a hobby, but a lifestyle!

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Carlos

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #148 - Jan 25th, 2005 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
Uah what a flood of messages! Shocked I never heard that problem before but i also don't think that much users really use the buddylist. It has nearly no function in yabb cause online users also might be seen in the who's online statistik. I often thought about removing the BuddyList from the IMBox cause of this. It just a bit simpler to not have to search your buddies you wanna message, you can just click them from the BuddyList. Anyway thx for posting the workaround to use both mods.

Hiya dOCda S,

Great mod, I should have installed this long ago.

The problem with the wrong file being accessed to see if the member is online does affect the IM system beyond the buddy list. When viewing the individual IM, the same error is apparent, and members are marked as on-line when they are not.

No biggy, but I'll make the changes recommended to rectify this buglette.

Also, there are too many options listed above the global view of IMs. This means that if you have a narrow forum, or viewing with a lower resolution monitor, you can get some ugly line breaks. I only mention it becaue it's obvious that you paid a great deal of attention to making this look great as well as function great. I just added <br> tags to the english.lng file to correct this, and have them listed vertically. Looks good, certainly better than ugly breaks.

Thanks, and again, great mod.

IP Logged

Valtiel
God Member

Copy & paste coder

Reply #149 - Jan 25th, 2005 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Does someone have a workaround like that for the buddy list but this time for the IM's? As there still users are shown as online although they're offline...

Proud copy & paste coder Grin
Admin @ Silent Hill Forum
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 
Send TopicPrint