Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Extended Profiles for SP1.3 (Read 42888 times)
Ian

Re: Extended Profiles for SP1.3
Reply #195 - Sep 20th, 2004 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
The code you're looking for is located in ExtendedProfiles.pl:
Code
Select All
			$output .= qq~<td class="catbg" bgcolor="$color{'catbg'}"><b><font size=2>$field{'name'}</font></b></td>\n~; 

Thanks Michael !

IP Logged

Ian

Reply #196 - Sep 20th, 2004 at 2:15am
Print Post  
I have just thought of another question and I'm not sure whether I should direct it here or in the YAMS Mod thread but basically I was wondering whether there is any way of including the AGE of users in the members list?  It's an important field for me and it would be great to have it displayed in the list.

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #197 - Sep 20th, 2004 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Since the age value is not controled by the ExtendedProfiles mod, it's not possible to use it to display the age in the memberlist. That's something the YAMS mod is most suitable for.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

SunnyMatt

Re: Extended Profiles for SP1.3 Comment Not Showin
Reply #198 - Dec 22nd, 2004 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
I am having one small problem with this mod, and I really don't even know what to look for to fix it. My problem is this, I only needed to add one additional field, a date field so that my users could also put in their sobriety date (its an addiction and recovery site). Since, I did not know how to just add one field, and I wanted to be able to, at some time, install a calendar that might have the capability of recognizing this date, I installed the extended profiles mod.

Everything installed fine, and I added the new date field, then went into options. I entered the comment that should show under the title in smaller print on the profile page and only checked Editable by Members, and Viewable in Profile.

Well, it does show up on the profile page, and it works. Everything is fine, EXCEPT for the fact that the description does NOT show up under the title.

I checked extended_profiles_fields.txt in the Variables folder, and it shows:

Code
Select All
Sobriety Date|date||1|Enter your clean-sober-abstinent date.|0|1|||0|||0|0|||1 

If anyone could either tell me how to entirely remove extended profiles and JUST add one additional date field to the profile, or tell me how to fix this so it shows the comment description under the title, I would appreciate it SO much.

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #199 - Dec 22nd, 2004 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
First of all: the extended profiles mod is exactly what you need, it doesn't matter if you only want one additional field or 100. The solution to your problem is simple: in the admin center -> edit profile fields -> Sobriety Date/Options -> Visible In Posts -> display fieldname
enable that option and the field name will show up. Smiley

The Administrator.
IP Logged

SunnyMatt

Reply #200 - Dec 22nd, 2004 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Okay, so that is one question down. Extended profiles is the right mod. The other part... I actually did not want it to show on posts, only on the profile. I suppose it wouldn't kill me to have it show on posts (if that is, in fact. the only way to make the description show up on the edit profile page) but my problem isn't really the field not showing up (on the profile edit page for members) but that the description is not there.

So, where, for example the Edit Profile page shows Website title: and directly under it, in small print, it gives the member some instructions, such as "This must be included if you specify a URL below." It is this text for the new Sobriety Date that is not showing up. The small font instructions that I entered under the Comment field in the Options page does not show up when members go to edit their profiles.

I added this information because it felt to me like your response did not actually pertain to my problem, and I figured I probably did not explain myself very well. I still may not have, but I am hoping!

Thanks for your help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #201 - Dec 22nd, 2004 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Ok this turns out to be a bug in extended profiles 1.2.2, the comment text is not displayed on the edit profile page if field type is "date". To fix this, open ExtendedProfiles.pl and replace
Code
Select All
		$output .= qq~<tr><td><font size=2><b>$field{'name'}: </b></font></td><td><font size="1">$dayormonth $txt{'566'} <input type="text" name="ext_~.$id.qq~_year" size="4" maxlength="4" value="$options[2]"></font></td></tr>\n~;

with:
Code
Select All
		$output .= qq~<tr><td><font size=2><b>$field{'name'}: </b></font><br><font size="1">$field{'comment'}</font></td><td><font size="1">$dayormonth $txt{'566'} <input type="text" name="ext_~.$id.qq~_year" size="4" maxlength="4" value="$options[2]"></font></td></tr>\n~;

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #202 - Dec 22nd, 2004 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
There you go, v1.2.3 has been released. It will fix your problem. See first post for download link

The Administrator.
IP Logged

SunnyMatt

Reply #203 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 12:23am
Print Post  
That worked perfectly! Thank you so much! Should i still install the new version?

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #204 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 11:26am
Print Post  
If you already followed the instructions of post #201, then there is no need to install the new version. Wink

The Administrator.
IP Logged

dmjendor

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #205 - Jan 10th, 2005 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
What would be involved in allowing the Memberlist to be sorted by clicking on the heading of one of the Extended Profile fields.  Not necessarily adding them to the default (which would also be nice) but being able to click on the heading and having it change the sort order on the list.

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #206 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
That would be a lot more difficult than adding new fields to the list. You'd need something like a new subroutine for every new field. There might be other possibilities but I don't have the time at hand for this right now.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Ikari-Kun
God Member

Reply #207 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Michael ^^
I integratet some parts of YaBB in my site, and wanted to know if it is possible to modify single profile fields with the sub &ext_saveprofile if it is called from an YaBB independant perl script, wich only requires ExtendetProfiles.pl

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #208 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
That's not as easy as it looks like in the first place. This mod uses as much of YaBB's internal functions as possible to reduce code size. As a result, you'll need those functions and variables before you can include ExtendedProfiles.pl. For example you need ToHTML, $FORM, fopen, fclose, $settings[...], $username, all language vars, fatal_error... to name just a few of them.

Also note that ext_saveprofile can only save complete profiles, not parts of it. Also, it does no validation of the values you pass to it. Validation is done in sub ext_validate_submition which requires a lof of other ext_.... subs.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Ikari-Kun
God Member

Reply #209 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Okay, so it would be the best to code something myself, right?
So, lets go back to the drawing-board.

The worst thing with that is that my girlfriend forbidds me any nearer contct to her, until this is done ~_~

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 
Send TopicPrint