Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't post after updating to 1.2+AdvancedInbox (Read 775 times)
agh

Salud y Republica

Can't post after updating to 1.2+AdvancedInbox
Feb 15th, 2003 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I had 1.1 with many mods installed.

I just updated to 1.2 and added many 1.2 mods while re-applying some 1.1 mods. I didn't do it one step at a time because there were too many mods, but also because I didn't know how the boards would behave in terms of data integrity if suddenly some of the functionality was missing.

Anyway, I managed to get everything working and found no errors while configuring and navigating (I had to adapt a couple of mods myself at installation, though)...or so I thought.

Just before re-opening the forums I tried to post, but I get an error saying my message "had no title" (error '77'). And it does have a title, before you ask  Wink

I'm taking a look at the code, but I'm not too familiarized with it. My current options are to perform a roll-back (fortunately I had a backup of everything) or wait until I fix this bug (such a pity having to do a roll-back when everything is just about to work, speed has substantially increased from 1.1...).

I don't know if it's a bug introduced by some particular mod or the 1.1->1.2 mod itself, it seems to basic.

Thanks

PD: I've performed an additional test: modifying an existint post. I get another error (seems to be '23') telling me "it can't open .txt".
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2003 at 12:32am by agh »  

my two euro-cents

agh
IP Logged

agh

Salud y Republica

Re: Can't post after updating to 1.2+AdvancedInbox
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2003 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Just so my original message doesn't get too modified (it can get confusing), I'll post here my recent discoveries (changed the subject, though).

I went to the situation of just having 1.2, and posting worked.

I begun to install the mods one at a time, starting with Advanced Inbox (attach.compatible). Well, I installed it, and my error got reproduced: no posting or modifying messages allowed.

my two euro-cents

agh
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint