Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Whoson mod 1.2.2 for SP1.2 (Read 35009 times)
LoonyPandora
God Member

Daft Cow?

Re: Whoson mod 1.2.2 for SP1.2
Reply #45 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
hmm, well with the links not working, you could open up whoson.pl and look in the subroutine that shows the calendar, and check that the links are correct.. It was made for an old version of chat, so some of the names may have changed you see (I don't have access to a copy of yaBB with chat installed either...) also check in the URL's that there is a ; (semi colon) not an & (ampersand) seperating the bits of the URL (YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=admin) I've found that can cause problems sometimes, with particular setups.

as for the banner ads... I have no idea, I'd have to install the chat mod on my test boartd, and have a look. (the chat code is not my own...)

Apple Technical Support
Code
Select All
#!/usr/bin/perl --
($sig ='ddiissjjttuuffss ddaoouu ssffaee uuiijjtt
jj ssvvmmff auu qqffssmm ttmmaoohhjjoohh nnauuddiifftt')
=~y~b-v~a-z~s;
print $sig; 

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #46 - Apr 2nd, 2003 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Perhaps I got an older version but I get a main::@check_filelock error on this mod.
As it seems somewhere deep down it uses old Gold file locking routines which are not found in Subs.pl.

Did remove them and made all open/close changed into fopen/fclose and now it runs.

Also I enhanced it a little using icons from the board in the topic headers Grin
Check it out here Wink

Great Mod Loony !!

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

LoonyPandora
God Member

Daft Cow?

Reply #47 - Apr 2nd, 2003 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
hmm, very odd, I looked it up, and that code is part of the headlines mod that I put in the mod ages ago... not my code, and it was too complex for me to get it sorted.

odd thing is, that it works for me on SP1.1, and SP1.2, with no modifications......

would you mind forwarding me the whoson.pl that works for you? just so I can see how you changed it? cheers 8)

Apple Technical Support
Code
Select All
#!/usr/bin/perl --
=~y~b-v~a-z~s;
print $sig; 

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

ethanSSC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #48 - Apr 2nd, 2003 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
hello again Looney

i was asking about this mod some months ago. not sure  if you remember but it was  a beta with a 1.1 board

i now have a 1.2 and have the 1.2.2 whoson mod

anyways... to make a short story long, i have been trying to get this to work for some time.  i contacted my  host and told them i wanted SSI. their response was  that my site would need to be reset.. well a few delays andfinally did that..for the sole intent and purpose of having this mod work.  While the site was down i upgraded to 1.2 and installed this mod.. i tried getting it to work but the 404 error. i go back to my host(who im not having a lot of faith in their expertise by now) and give them the test.shtml file url

their response was.. Quote:
Dear Sir,

I'm afraid we cannot support SSI on our current set up. You can use
include directives within your asp pages but this will not allow you to
redirect to a perl script.

Sorry for the inconvienence

Neil

So,, knowing a txt inc worked i thought there might be some sort of way around it but reading the last few posts im wondering if it is working. just that there is something else wrong

http://www.sanctuaryofthescarletcrop.com/cgi-bin/yabb/whoson.pl?info=ShowAll

is working

http://www.sanctuaryofthescarletcrop.com/cgi-bin/yabb/whoson.pl

is not showing any errors, however the page is blank

aslo the same for my test.shtml page where befre i was getting 404 errors i now have a blank page although it is picking up the html bg color

www.sanctuaryofthescarletcrop.com/test.shtml

if there is something you see that im missing.. id sure appreciate it. i have had my main page down since the site reset .

thanks in advance

ethanSSC

IP Logged

EliteAngler

Reply #49 - Apr 3rd, 2003 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
as for the banner ads... I have no idea, I'd have to install the chat mod on my test boartd, and have a look. (the chat code is not my own...)

Thanks for the help, I should be able to get it working.  If I have to axe the bannerads, I'll do that. I just figured I'd give a shout out to see if anyone had this problem before and had a quick explanation before I spent the dig time in the code.

Thanks again

IP Logged

LoonyPandora
God Member

Daft Cow?

Reply #50 - Apr 3rd, 2003 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:

http://www.sanctuaryofthescarletcrop.com/cgi-bin/yabb/whoson.pl

is not showing any errors, however the page is blank

that's right, it should do that. you are accessing the script, but you are not telling it to do anything, so it's doing nothing. it needs the ?info=whatever bit at the end. and when you do that, it works, so the script is working.

Quote:
aslo the same for my test.shtml page where befre i was getting 404 errors i now have a blank page although it is picking up the html bg color
  www.sanctuaryofthescarletcrop.com/test.shtml

if there is something you see that im missing.. id sure appreciate it. i have had my main page down since the site reset .

if you look at the source code of that page, you will see that your server is not parsing the include comment (you can see it saying <! exec cgi....) and is showing it as a reqular comment. have you tried the other methods of including, that are detailed in the readme (include virtual... etc)? some hosts only use include virtual, I know mine did. if it

Going from there email that you quote, I don't think they allow any scripts to be called from a shtml file (i.e they just include the text of an include file, and don't run the code.) if you host supports php, try using the php method detailed in the readme, they said you can do it via asp, so I would guess they would allow it in php. the method is similar to the shtml mehtod, but you will have to rename your page test.php, and then put the code detailed in the readme into it.

hope you can get soemthing worked out Smiley

Quote:

Thanks for the help, I should be able to get it working.  If I have to axe the bannerads, I'll do that. I just figured I'd give a shout out to see if anyone had this problem before and had a quick explanation before I spent the dig time in the code.

Thanks again

thanks for the heads up about it not working. if you ever do get it working with chat, and banner ads, I would appreciate it if you let me know. have fun digging Wink

Apple Technical Support
Code
Select All
#!/usr/bin/perl --
=~y~b-v~a-z~s;
print $sig; 

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

yabban00b

Reply #51 - Apr 3rd, 2003 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Hey,
I just installed sp1.2 and in choosing to use yabb, i obviously am aware of yabb2 project.

my question is this, in the yabb2 sections they say if you've added mods to your forums, the data may not convert properly?

does that just mean the extra data is lost and what risk are there to using some of these mods, primarily the whoson mod and poll3

thanks!

IP Logged

LoonyPandora
God Member

Daft Cow?

Reply #52 - Apr 3rd, 2003 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
you may be better off posting this in a different place starting a new thread would be a good idea. but to attempt to answer your question.

in YaBB, all data about the users is stored in a file called username.dat, every user has one, and it named with their username. this file has a structure (on the first line is your password, second line your username, thrid is your display name.. etc) and any converter for YaBB2 will follow this pattern. however, some mods add information to these files, by adding extra lines, and the YaBB2 converter will not know what to do with these, an therefore will just ignore them.

In recent times, mod writers have shyed away from adding information to these username.dat files because of problems like this, instead opting to create a brand new file, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. and the polls mod, and whoson mod do not add anything to these files, so your user data is safe.

hope this helps 8)

Apple Technical Support
Code
Select All
#!/usr/bin/perl --
=~y~b-v~a-z~s;
print $sig; 

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

ethanSSC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #53 - Apr 3rd, 2003 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
yes i have only been like i said trying for about 3 months to get this to work. i saw the comment on the exec.cgi trick and found that  i didnt get a 404

placing the include virtual statement ... i just did and as you can see.. i get a 404 return again.

the host i use does advertise it supports SSi. so  after close to 3 months, 3 weeks alone in going back and forth with the host support to get even that response  backing up my site for it to be reset , this being i believe my 4th version of whoson mod  probably the 20th time reattempting to install and get this mod to work, i should  probably admit defeat?

thanks in advance

ethan

IP Logged

LoonyPandora
God Member

Daft Cow?

Reply #54 - Apr 3rd, 2003 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
well, the mod does work, but there is obviously some problem with your host's implentation of SSI.... it's been a long time as you said, with no joy. I would suggest getting a decent host, but of course that's personal choice. there is nothing more I can suggest, the problem lies with your host, yet again. the mod works, you can see the information it outputs, but it cannot be included on your page, this is nothing to do with the mod, but a problem with your host.

I cannot understand why you are getting a 404 error with that.. I know you must have the correct path info. why don't you try including a plain text file, in the same directory as whoson.pl, using the same path as you used for whoson.pl.. see if it includes it. if it doesn't, and you still get a 404, the path is wrong. if however you get the text file included, then there is a problem...

I very rarely admit defeat Wink

Apple Technical Support
Code
Select All
#!/usr/bin/perl --
=~y~b-v~a-z~s;
print $sig; 

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #55 - Apr 5th, 2003 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
LoonyPandora wrote on Apr 2nd, 2003 at 12:07pm:
would you mind forwarding me the whoson.pl that works for you? just so I can see how you changed it? cheers 8)

Here you are, also enhanced to use the default language file on the board (perhaps you need to change that part back as it is now set for Platinum)
and to use board icons in the headers.

Still have problems though surpressing the HTTP/1.1 header though if using the ISAPI version of ActivePerl.
As soon as I use the Perl.exe it works like a charm, but this is sooooo mucht slower then the dll version.
I have never gotten any SSI application to work without this header though using ISAPI  Cry

whoson.zip ( 5 KB | Downloads )

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

yabban00b

Reply #56 - Apr 5th, 2003 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
thanks LoonyPandora for the reply
, you're right it could have been done in a new thread but i primarily was asking b/c it's your mod that i was planning to add so this thread in dealing with *that* mod would best know the answer.
thanks for clearing it up Smiley

IP Logged

Scaper

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #57 - Apr 10th, 2003 at 1:23am
Print Post  
will there be a version for Sp1.3 or should i wait for Whoson 2

IP Logged

AutoX

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #58 - Apr 22nd, 2003 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Hey, I've got whoson working for the most part.  However the =Recent (to show recent threads) doesn't seem to be working.  On my page it simply has "No Entries" above the header "Recent Topics" then nothing.  Am I missing something?

page: http://www.wpg-autox.org/index.shtml

IP Logged

Liquideye

Reply #59 - Apr 24th, 2003 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Where do i edit the HTML for the Recent topics, because its the exact opposite of what i want...

i see on your homepage loony, you have got rid of the

3. etc etc

before the recent topics

Where do i do this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint