Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Calendar 2.3a SP 1.1/1.2 (Read 15507 times)
Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Re: Calendar 2.3 SP 1.1/1.2
Reply #15 - Feb 13th, 2003 at 8:36am
Print Post  
throesch wrote on Feb 4th, 2003 at 10:31pm:
im sorry but i cant find a error in the code that has to do with the nameing (st nd rd th)

You won't find it in Calendar.pl as it is a routine in Subs.pl but as the day offset is wrong it should be 3rd instead of 4th.
So switch on the day offset correction in the Calendar Settings and it should work I think.
Never seen the problem on my board.

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

throesch
God Member

I will own you all. will
you be on the good list?

Reply #16 - Feb 13th, 2003 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
yea ive never seen that problem.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Karsten Leick

Reply #17 - Feb 20th, 2003 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
I have installed the calendar and it work's fine.
Grin
The only Problem was, that my Board did not found the "sumbitonce()" function. So i disabled it in the code.

IP Logged

DickBarton

HELP!!! Someone please
get me out of this box!!!

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2003 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
This looks like a real useful Mod. Before I jump in and add it to my board - I'm keen to keep my board as lean as possible to ensure it ruins as quick as possible, I'm wondering if I can ask a few questions please?

Type of Events - can this be defined by the admin e.g. public holidays are of no interest to my users, but differing events will be e.g. National Races, Club Rides, Road Rides, MTB Rides, etc. Can I have these options in place so that the user can either view all the entries or just a specific type of event?

I'd like to allow only 2 or 3 people to have the ability to add dates to the Calendar, is this possible? Ideally everyone can view it, but only Admin and my 2 moderators can edit it.

Do I need to create a new Category or Board for the Calendar? Or does it appear in the Admin Control Centre to allow me to configure it all?

Thanks for your help,

Richard.

http://www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk
Recently won an award...which I'm quite pleased about! Smiley
IP Logged

DickBarton

HELP!!! Someone please

Reply #19 - Feb 22nd, 2003 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Oh well, I went and jumped!!!

It's now installed and seems to be ok apart from 3 things - 1 of them may be a design thing and the others are definitely a coding thing.

Whenever I press a button i.e. add or remove an event or an entry in the Holidays file, I get a Debug window telling me that there is a problem and do I wish to debug. If I select No it carries on and works. If I press Yes I get my debug program kicking in and highlighting submitonce(this) in the OnSubmit action of the href.
It would seem to me that the Javascript it is looking for - submitonce - is not installed, where can I get the code to add this to my template?

If you don't choose to show icons on your menu option then Calendar does not appear - the spacing is in place to allow it to be shown and the a href code is there, but there is no word displayed. If you switch icons on in the menu bar then it works without any problems.

The design thing is that I would like to show particular event types e.g. XC MTB or MTB planned rides. If it was to show the whole calendar and give a drop down box of options to highlight particular days then that would be superb. I see BHRA has it on his site, I have e-mailed him to ask how he got that but as yet I've had no reply (hardly surprising though - it's Saturday morning and we all have better things to do with out time!!!). So does anyone know if this type of thing is possible? A drop-down menu of event types that when used will simply highlight all the days on the Calendar that have events of that type on.

Thanks,

Richard.

P.S. Great Mod...

IP Logged

throesch
God Member

I will own you all. will
you be on the good list?

Reply #20 - Feb 24th, 2003 at 3:45am
Print Post  
id like to make this clear to all if you didnt know it already. if you would like to make a modification to the calendar or find a bug and have a fix by god post it. you will be given the credit. this calendar is made for you. so dont hold back.
i havent had a chance to work on it in a good while due to some personal and computer problems. so if you make a change just make a .mod file for the changes and post.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

DickBarton

HELP!!! Someone please

Reply #21 - Feb 24th, 2003 at 8:53am
Print Post  
I would love to help and get involved with making Mods...but my coding is rustier than the remains of the Titanic.

I'm not having a go at you, I was just wanting to know how the Calendar functioned before installing it.

Thanks,

Richard.

IP Logged

herozup

I can't feel my legs!

Gettin a funky error.
Reply #22 - Mar 1st, 2003 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Mod was installed and working fine until:

Untrapped Error:<BR>Can't handle date (0, 0, 0, 1, 9, 138) at /u/htdocs/egnite/cgi-local/yabb/Sources/Newcalendar.pl line 188

This error showed up.

What does it mean.
http://www.egnite.org/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.pl

Thanks in advance
brian

Learning Perl... one line of code at a time!

IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #23 - Mar 1st, 2003 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Note:  This error concerns the Newcalendar mod, not the Calendar mod, so if you are using throesh's Calendar mod (the subject of this thread) please ignore and forgive this intrusion.

Brian,

It means someone entered a repeating event that repeated into the future past the year 2038.  On 32-bit servers the Time::Local functions fail for years after Jan 01, 2038.  These functions are used to manipulate dates in the Newcalendar mod.  Newer versions of the Newcalendar mod have protection against this failure built-in.  The choices to fix the problem with your forum are to upgrade to the latest version (see Beta Board on this forum) or to edit the newcaldb.txt file (called eventcaldb in older versions of the mod) to remove the offending event entry.

If you need help editing the newcaldb.txt file, you can attach it to your next post and I can fix it for you.  This will get your forum up and running right away.  In the longer term, you are better off upgrading in order to prevent this from happening again.

Dan

Please include your forum address in all requests for assistance.  It greatly speeds things along.
IP Logged

herozup

I can't feel my legs!

Re:
Reply #24 - Mar 1st, 2003 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I will upgrade and see if I can fix it. If not, I willt ake you up on your offer.

Learning Perl... one line of code at a time!

IP Logged

runcers

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #25 - Mar 6th, 2003 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
I've installed the calendar and it works fine, i just have a few questions if that's okay.

1. Can you move the calendar out of the info center? I would like to place it below the news section at the top.

2. Is there a help file already written for users or do I need to write one myself?

3. It says in the readme file that you should delete the holidays file if you don't want them displayed. But when I do, I get an error message on the main board page instead of the events.

Regards
runcers

YIM  
IP Logged

-G-

Yes Dear. I'm working
on it ...

Reply #26 - Mar 7th, 2003 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have installed the calendar and it work's fine.
Grin
The only Problem was, that my Board did not found the "sumbitonce()" function. So i disabled it in the code.

I found this in a web search and added it, since then, I have not seen the error

Code
Select All
<script>

function submitonce(theform){
//if IE 4+ or NS 6+
if (document.all||document.getElementById){
//screen thru every element in the form, and hunt down "submit" and "reset"
for (i=0;i<theform.length;i++){
var tempobj=theform.elements[i]
if(tempobj.type.toLowerCase()=="submit"||tempobj.type.toLowerCase()=="reset")
//disable em
tempobj.disabled=true
}
}
}
</script> 

hope it helps someone

I did not find a reference to author, if anyone knows or knows that it should not be used (copyright problems, etc.), please let me know.

IP Logged

runcers

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #27 - Mar 7th, 2003 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Forget the last 2 questions. I have written a help file and I have got around the error by deleting the contents of the holidays file. I would still like to know if the calendar link can be moved out of the info center though.

regards
runcers

YIM  
IP Logged

IceQueen~RGR

Reply #28 - Mar 9th, 2003 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Cannot post events onto calendar, keep getting the add event window.  I am an admin, so shouldn't have that problem.  It is not posting the message to the calendar.

http://rebelgr.com/cgi-bin/yabb3/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=calendar2;viewmonth=03;v...

IP Logged

IceQueen~RGR

Reply #29 - Mar 9th, 2003 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
I think I found part of the problem... If you don't have the Calendar folder in Variables CHMOD to 777, it won't write the info.... entries show on individual days, but not on main calendar face. I have enabled guest posting, so go check it out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint