Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hidden email breach in Notify Plus? (Read 2136 times)
-:MiKAeL:-

Hidden email breach in Notify Plus?
Nov 20th, 2002 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
I don't know if this has been adressed before, but if I have selected 'notify of replies' and someone with a hidden email posts, I get to see their email adress in the notify mail that comes to me. If my users wan't to hide their email I think they mean always!!

I think it's here in the NotifyPlus.pl

<td align="left" valign="middle">
          <font size="2"><b>$FORM{'subject'}</b></font> &nbsp;<br>
      <font size="1">&#171; <b>$notify_txt{'8'} <a href="mailto:$FORM{'email'}">$FORM{'name'}</a> $notify_txt{'9'} </b> $date &#187;</font>
     </td>

IP Logged

Jake
God Member

Re: Hidden email breach in Notify Plus?
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 8:53am
Print Post  
try to subtitute the
Code
Select All
	 <font size="1">&#171; <b>$notify_txt{'8'} <a href="mailto:$FORM{'email'}">$FORM{'name'}</a> $notify_txt{'9'} </b> $date &#187;</font>
	</td> 

with the
Code
Select All
	 <font size="1">&#171; <b>$notify_txt{'8'} <a href="$cgi;action=viewprofile;username=$username">$FORM{'name'}</a> $notify_txt{'9'} </b> $date &#187;</font>	 </td> 

it will link to the poster profile instead of the E-mail

@spookie try to take a look at this thread: http://boardmod.yabbforum.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=troubleshooting;action=display;...

If your board installed Security Fix 2 mod have any problem?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the code Jake! It's better than my sollution to just take away the link. Smiley

Security Fix 2 mod? I'm not sure which one that is. I'll check it out...

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
I have only installed the first release of the security fix as I understood that the second one didn't do so much difference. I don't seem to have the problem you have though. If I understand your first problem right I do have the checkbox info in the profile view for those 'certain membergroups boards'. The second problem I can't check since I don't have so many members yet. Smiley

IP Logged

Jake
God Member

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
-:MiKAeL:- wrote on Nov 21st, 2002 at 3:56pm:
I have only installed the first release of the security fix as I understood that the second one didn't do so much difference. I don't seem to have the problem you have though. If I understand your first problem right I do have the checkbox info in the profile view for those 'certain membergroups boards'. The second problem I can't check since I don't have so many members yet. Smiley

Security is very important take a look at   [IMPORTANT] Security Exploit Fix!

or Download from  HERE Wink

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Taken from that thread:

Quote:
Is there anything different in this fix compared to the one that was posted yesterday?

Quote:
Nah, just instead of a seperate .pl file to search for administrators, this one has a link in the admin center to do it.   

(Something which is already available via "View full forum statistics," but many people have install the speed mod that disables that screen.)

I think I can stick to the one I have and not get the problem you are having with Fix nr 2!  Smiley

IP Logged

Shoeb Omar
God Member

Mod Writer

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
-:MiKAeL:- wrote on Nov 21st, 2002 at 4:36pm:
Taken from that thread:

I think I can stick to the one I have and not get the problem you are having with Fix nr 2!  Smiley

security fix 2 should not affect any function on your board - it does not replace any existing code. In fact, it's near impossible that it would cause any problems that the first version doesn't.

YaBB SP2 BETA!
Now taking pay jobs in PHP or Perl.  Contact me for details.
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
If it's not needed I'd prefer not to install Fix 2 since I get quite a few install errors trying to install it. - Probably due to the amount of mods I have installed. I have the first fix installed already and I hope that it is secure enough. (?)

(IS the first fix as good or did I misunderstand something?)  ???

I know I can alter the code to get the new Fix in but if I don't actually need it I don't wan't to play around with the code unnecesarily.

Jakes problem with Fix 2 and the Notify plus mod was perhaps caused by something else and not knowing for sure I think I'd better stay clear of that discussion.  Grin

IP Logged

Shoeb Omar
God Member

Mod Writer

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2002 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
-:MiKAeL:- wrote on Nov 21st, 2002 at 11:37pm:
If it's not needed I'd prefer not to install Fix 2 since I get quite a few install errors trying to install it. - Probably due to the amount of mods I have installed. I have the first fix installed already and I hope that it is secure enough. (?)

(IS the first fix as good or did I misunderstand something?)  ???

I know I can alter the code to get the new Fix in but if I don't actually need it I don't wan't to play around with the code unnecesarily.

Maybe Jakes problem with Fix 2 and the Notify plus mod was caused by something else, and I'll stay out of that discussion.  Grin

yehm don't worry the first u==fix was goo denough Grin

YaBB SP2 BETA!
Now taking pay jobs in PHP or Perl.  Contact me for details.
IP Logged

Jake
God Member

Reply #9 - Nov 22nd, 2002 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
Jakes problem with Fix 2 and the Notify plus mod was perhaps caused by something else and not knowing for sure I think I'd better stay clear of that discussion. 

100% about my problem with NotifyPlus comes from Security Fix 2 mod bcause everything works fine after uninstalling this mod
Anywayz this is just a small problem so i keep this mod staying in my board Wink
Problem lists again
  • the hidden board didn't show to the member who could access that board in the mailinglist chekboxes in the edit profile page and admin couldn't see the certain board too.
  • admin couldn't view the member mailinglist on the page 2,3,4,5,......[default memberperpage=10]

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint