Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Mod installation stumping me (Read 672 times)
mikal

Mod installation stumping me
Oct 27th, 2002 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
I have the Yabb board (Yabb 1 GOLD SP 1.1)
set up and running on my home server. I downloaded a few mods (poll2, a calendar mod and a chat mod) and Board Mod.

I set up Board Mod and fired it up after reading through the FAQ, setting board mod in a folder near my cgi-bin and html folders for easy access. I ran the program, located the YaBB.pl file, selected the poll2 mod and....ERRORS! 

I have reinstalled Yabb several times (as I had it backed up) and tested the board with my other computer and tried again many times now. I cannot get any of the mods to work. Even when they tell me they are successful there is always a glitch on the board if it loads at all.

One thing I noticed on one of the mods is that it asks for the English.lng file instead of the english.lng file. I tinkered with changing the file name, and changing the code to reflect the file name and the board would run... but with many glitches... Im confused.

IP Logged

AlexC
God Member

Re: Mod installation stumping me
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2002 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
if you mean which file to edit, it doesnt matter about case, but in the actual code it may matter on unix servers and such ........

-Alex
IP Logged

wallace mcgee

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2002 at 3:42am
Print Post  
I am having the same problem with poll v2. This is my first installation of YABB and poll2 is the first mod I have tried.

On checking the search string its searching for {tab} as the frist character where as my verison of YABB has two spaces in the matching place.

I dont recall editing yabb.pl but my editor is set to convert all {tabs} to {spaces} hence the errors!

Can BoardMod be enhanced to ignore laeding spaces/tabs in search commands?

IP Logged

wallace mcgee

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2002 at 3:51am
Print Post  
And for anyone who wants to know how to get this working:

1. rename your yabb.pl to something else (like old_yabb.pl)

2. copy from the sub-folder yabb/yabb under the same folder where yabb.pl lives yabb.pl and English.lng back into the original yabb folder.

3. try running the mod again.

I did a file compare of the original yabb after installation and the copy in the yabb/tabb folder and the only difference was the {tabs} {spaces} issue.

Dont know what happened to English.lng but glad there was a second copy.
Smiley

PS YABB looks to be a fantastic product, especially with these mods.. Im just waiting on my emial notification so I can be a full member here Undecided

IP Logged

AlexC
God Member

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2002 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
send a reminder or re-register .... or tell me your username and ill hunt you down and ask michael to make your email address correct, as i expect somethign was wrong with the registration, i think boardmod sends mails within a minute usually ......

-Alex
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint