Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Remove Guest Info on BoardIndex (Read 1076 times)
kb

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Remove Guest Info on BoardIndex
Sep 19th, 2002 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Hey
I created this poor excuse for a mod because guests can see or do nothing on my board except register.  So I have no need to know how many guest are online.

I removed it manually at first, but I have had to add it back twice for mods - newcalendar3_3 and chat_v1_94 - to install without manual editing.  So this time I have created this little mod.  I can run this to remove it and then run it again to add it back if another mod needs to search for it.  Then, of course, I run it again to get rid of it.  Much easier then manual editting. Wink

I couldn't find anything in a search of the forums or the mod page, so I figured nobody had wasted their time on something so small.  Especially since most other boards allow some kind of guest access.

I apologize if I am not following proper mod writing protocol.  Let me know what thread I forgot to read.

I know this works on SP1/1.1, and I would think it would work on the older versions, but I haven't tested it.

Edited:
Yes I know there is Users Online Counter mod that has the feature of turning off Guest but I wanted something quick and dirty just to remove it and add it back if I need it.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2002 at 3:11pm by kb »  

remove_guest_info_v1.mod ( 1 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint