Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 36 New Mods Added/Updated to Database (Read 3663 times)
Dave Baughman
God Member

I want my MTV

36 New Mods Added/Updated to Database
Jul 26th, 2002 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Well, it's finally been done. I got up at 6:00 a.m. this morning to update the database, and an hour and 40 minutes later, I'm finished. Many of the mods required me to go back and update old entries, and let me just tell you, that ain't no fun.

Some of you will notice that not all the mods you submitted to me were added. Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your mods (well, not that I'm aware of, at least) and I don't have some personal vendetta against you; I'm just not sure where to put it or whether or not to overwrite old versions. Couple of "for instances":
A) Translations: Some are already out of date since newer versions of the mods have been submitted. Also, I wanted to talk with Michael about maybe making an "international" or "translated" section in the database so that users can find the translations they need much easier. Until I talk to him, I didn't want to upload them, because honestly, I don't wanna have to go back and then switch around all their category assignments.
B) Mods that are "enhanced" versions of older mods. Advanced Mute User, for instance. I almost overwrote cae's old mod entry with the new one, but then I realized the new one had features the old one didn't have, but some people may just want the basic old version. Soooo.... I left the old, uploaded the new. With some of the mods sent to me, I wasn't sure what to do in that regard, or in the respect that they seemed very much like another mod and I didn't have time to compare them to check out what the differences were and what should go where, exactly. So I'm keeping those mods until Michael gets back, too, so we can go over it. It'll get in the database, though. Never fear.

Now, concerning mod formats: I noticed a lot of people put multiple website addresses in the homepage field. That field can only handle one entry if you want boardmod to actually be able to launch the website (and in the mod database, if you want a valid link). So in the database, the first website that was entered in the mod is what got listed as the main address. I moved other addresses to the mod info field. Same with some people who put email address in the Author field, though that's not as big of a deal.

Many of you didn't tell what SP version your mod was for when you sent it to me. If it didn't have any indication, I was left to assume it was for SP1.1, and that's how it was assigned (except for mods which explicitly said in the mod info section that they were add-ons for OTHER mods that were SP1 mods... kinda put two and two together there and figure the add-on is for SP1, also). Some mods I noticed required older versions of mods which were updated, today (one in particular required Polls 1.2 to be installed, but Polls is up to version 2.0 now). I went ahead and uploaded it anyway, because there are people out thousands out there with Polls 1.2 installed currently, but just so you know, mods you made addons for may have been updated themselves.

I opened every zip and every mod sent in a text editor and checked your stuff out (btw, some of you "cough* BHRA *cough* forgot to make zips including the images needed *cough* has_image2.mod *cough*, but I went ahead and included the image from your old zip). If you had errors in the mod format or info, I fixed them (some of you were linking to yabb.xnull.com profiles, and of course, we're on yabbforum.com now).

I guess that's about it. Enjoy your mods, and we'll get the rest of 'em uploaded when Michael gets back.

Just for an FYI, I am leaving in about an hour for vacation myself. I will be back on Sunday, August 4th. You guys have fun and I'll see ya then.

- Dave

I'm not sure if it's ignorance or apathy, but I don't know and I don't care.
IP Logged

Christer Alexander
God Member

Make my day...

Re: 36 New Mods Added/Updated to Database
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2002 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
nice work Dave!

have fun on your vacation. Feel free to make me admin till Michael gets back Wink Just kidding Grin

EDIT:

Is it just me or am I now the only moderator not on vacation!?

Code
Select All
unless(0) { stab("LoonyPandora"); next; } 

IP Logged

DanX vs SoNiC
God Member

TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS FOREVER!!!

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2002 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
From all the users here - THANX mate.  Grin

Email "The User Formally Known As Sonic : mail@danscotson.co.uk

IP Logged

ironwing
God Member

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2002 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
From all the mod writers - Thank you!

Dan
* ironwing does a happy dance over YaBBChat version 1.4 no longer being in the database  Grin

Please include your forum address in all requests for assistance.  It greatly speeds things along.
IP Logged

Tea-Master
Forum Administrator

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2002 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
great work - i know that is a lot of work! thx dave!!

just to put my two cents in:
i would shorten the discription in the list ( delete the installation instructions and additional version histories etc. ). i think such things blows it up and doesn't really make it clear. mostly the instructions are also in a readme file or u can view it if u want to install the mod.

Quote:
[...]multiple website addresses in the homepage field. That field can only handle one entry [...] So in the database, the first website that was entered in the mod is what got listed as the main address. I moved other addresses to the mod info field. Same with some people who put email address in the Author field, though that's not as big of a deal.

good idea Smiley thx 4 changing that in the mods!

Quote:
I am leaving in about an hour for vacation myself. I will be back on Sunday, August 4th. You guys have fun and I'll see ya then.

Have a great vacation and much fun, too!!
Hope u will send us some vacation pictures/"postcard" as michael did *gg*  Grin

PS: i'll went on first of august, too Smiley VACATIONS!!!  8)

IP Logged

AlexC
God Member

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2002 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
finnally! n1 dave Smiley - i like the *cough*'s and i hope my crappy little font fix mod is in there Grin

-Alex
IP Logged

MattJ
God Member

I am the one and only
clone!

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2002 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Lol dave have fun on your vacation the mod database looks great and when michael gets back the template vault is bein upgraded and updated all the old ugly templates gone only the most popular and newest ones will be in thier,...

also switch could use a big thnks for the code rewrite wich u will see soon as soon as we get hte ftp lol...switch lost it!

hehe I need to find a new host for my sigs and graphics.
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint