Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ignore User Mod (Read 8150 times)
Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Re: Ignore User Mod
Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2002 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So, does this mean that you cannot ignore specific guests? For instance if there was a really annoying guest who posted under the name of "Bob" that you wanted to ignore, but you still want to see posts from other guests.

I dont know which version he upped here, but in the routine in display.pl he looks at $mname or at $musername.
The first one should enable you to "filter" out the realnames as shown in your board (your "Bob") the other one looks for user ID's.
He did both versions, but as you can change your boardname to anything you want the mod would become less effective, while the userID is fixed for members.
It's a pitty that all Bob's, Harry's and other guest get the userID Guest which makes it harder to filter out one Guest Bob Grin .
You can change this var in either one to fit your taste.

So
     &OnMyIgnoreList($mname);
filters on realname
     &OnMyIgnoreList($musername);
filters on userID

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

Teme

Cogito, ergo sum!

Reply #16 - Jul 13th, 2002 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Spikecity wrote on Jul 12th, 2002 at 11:39pm:
I dont know which version he upped here, but in the routine in display.pl he looks at $mname or at $musername.
The first one should enable you to "filter" out the realnames as shown in your board (your "Bob") the other one looks for user ID's.
He did both versions, but as you can change your boardname to anything you want the mod would become less effective, while the userID is fixed for members.
It's a pitty that all Bob's, Harry's and other guest get the userID Guest which makes it harder to filter out one Guest Bob Grin .
You can change this var in either one to fit your taste.

So
     &OnMyIgnoreList($mname);
filters on realname
     &OnMyIgnoreList($musername);
filters on userID

Well, it's very hard to ignore guests as some annoyning guest might change his nick every now and then or use bobman, bobobobob, bobi, bobby, bobX. Using ips wouldn't help much as they can change often too.

Maybe an possibility to use bob* -code to ignore all users that have bob in the beginning of the name? Is it possible?

I think having both $mname and $musername fields in the ignoring page would be useful as username.ign file has lots of free space for another line of names. Roll Eyes

My great wish list:
Quote inside Quote! (and I'll be satisfied)
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

KingOfChaos

Evil Mod Freak

Reply #17 - Jul 13th, 2002 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Did you create this mod to work specifically for your YaBB?  I ask because you have the following search string.

Code
Select All
elsif ($action eq 'ipbangm') { require "$sourcedir/MemberGroups.pl"; &ipban; }
	elsif ($action eq 'ipban2gm') { require "$sourcedir/MemberGroups.pl"; &ipban2; }
	elsif ($action eq 'includecal') { require "$sourcedir/Newcalendar.pl"; &IncludeCal; }
#END FASTFIND I* 

And those look like mods that aren't included in the original YaBB.  Especially Newcalender.pl as I cannot find that file anywhere.

IP Logged

Teme

Cogito, ergo sum!

Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2002 at 9:42am
Print Post  
KingOfChaos wrote on Jul 13th, 2002 at 4:11am:
Did you create this mod to work specifically for your YaBB?  I ask because you have the following search string.

Code
Select All
elsif ($action eq 'ipbangm') { require "$sourcedir/MemberGroups.pl"; &ipban; }
      elsif ($action eq 'ipban2gm') { require "$sourcedir/MemberGroups.pl"; &ipban2; }
      elsif ($action eq 'includecal') { require "$sourcedir/Newcalendar.pl"; &IncludeCal; }
#END FASTFIND I* 

And those look like mods that aren't included in the original YaBB.  Especially Newcalender.pl as I cannot find that file anywhere.

You should download the latest version here. It doesn't have such code (from newcalender): http://boardmod.yabbforum.com/yabb/attachments/I_U_Posts_V1.0_NL_UK.zip

The one attached in the first post was some sort of _beta_ and had this kind of code bugs. Looks like they didn't try the version from first post on clean board...

My great wish list:
Quote inside Quote! (and I'll be satisfied)
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #19 - Jul 13th, 2002 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Teme wrote on Jul 13th, 2002 at 9:42am:
You should download the latest version here. It doesn't have such code (from newcalender): http://boardmod.yabbforum.com/yabb/attachments/I_U_Posts_V1.0_NL_UK.zip

The one attached in the first post was some sort of _beta_ and had this kind of code bugs. Looks like they didn't try the version from first post on clean board...

Yep, He upped this version together with the one on yabb.nl, and ony after that I found that he was attaching to mod code instead of original YaBB code.
The latest version looks for the #END FASTFIND I*
only and should install on YaBB without newcalendar installed.

IP Logged

AxeCrazy

Just a Memory Remains

Reply #20 - Jul 13th, 2002 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I tried to delete the first verion, but you cant seen to delete only the attachment.
Indeed you should only  DL the version mentioned  by Teme
http://boardmod.yabbforum.com/yabb/attachments/I_U_Posts_V1.0_NL_UK.zip ; that is.

Its working on one of my forums now and i get some great replies from people who finally can ignore the spammer...

IP Logged

Taco_John

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #21 - Aug 14th, 2002 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to use this mod...  And while the posts by the individual is no longer available to view, users can still see threads started by the ignore target.  Is there a version of this out there that makes it possible to completely ignore the user?

???

IP Logged

Dave Baughman
God Member

I want my MTV

Reply #22 - Aug 15th, 2002 at 5:27am
Print Post  
Well, there may be other posts by other people in the thread that are worth reading, though. My thought would be to filter out the start thread and show the info for the first reply by someone (other than the ignored user) who posted in the thread in the message index, making it look as if the first non-ignored user reply was actually the start of the thread. Make sense? I think I rambled.

I'm not sure if it's ignorance or apathy, but I don't know and I don't care.
IP Logged

Dave Baughman
God Member

I want my MTV

Reply #23 - Aug 16th, 2002 at 1:54am
Print Post  
K, I installed the mod, and I love the idea. However, there are a few errors and oversights in the mod (including a rather big silently failing error).

If you want, I'll share my findings. If not, it's not a huge deal. The mod still works and I still think it's a wonderful idea (the people on our TV station's board have been screaming for this feature). Good work!

IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #24 - Aug 16th, 2002 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
K, I installed the mod, and I love the idea. However, there are a few errors and oversights in the mod (including a rather big silently failing error).

If you want, I'll share my findings. If not, it's not a huge deal. The mod still works and I still think it's a wonderful idea (the people on our TV station's board have been screaming for this feature). Good work!

Please do share it, although I'm not the author of this mod I'm still interested in possible things to improve.

IP Logged

AxeCrazy

Just a Memory Remains

Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2002 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
sure please tell....
And i to think that hte ignoremod should not remove thread from the boardindex

IP Logged

Dave Baughman
God Member

I want my MTV

Reply #26 - Aug 17th, 2002 at 12:27am
Print Post  
I didn't actually mean remove it entirely. Just make the message in the message index show the info for the first non-ignored user who posted in the thread. But that could potentially get confusing. I think it works out well the way you have it set up now.

I'll see if I can post what I found tomorrow. It's not a lot. Just a few little things that can speed it up a little and then a couple of errors you wouldn't notice unless you were using some stricter settings with Perl.

IP Logged

Ruth _

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - Dec 4th, 2002 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
What about instead of completely removing any post within a thread that the ignored user posts you Replace it with something like:

Posts from $username are being ignored by you. To turn this feature off visit < insert instructions >.

That would remove a lot of the confusion about who started the post, and what so-n-so was replying to. It would also help to alleviate "bug reports" by some newbies... "some of my posts aren't showing up!!!"

Regards,
Ruth

IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #28 - Dec 4th, 2002 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What about instead of completely removing any post within a thread that the ignored user posts you Replace it with something like:

Posts from $username are being ignored by you. To turn this feature off visit < insert instructions >.

That would remove a lot of the confusion about who started the post, and what so-n-so was replying to. It would also help to alleviate "bug reports" by some newbies... "some of my posts aren't showing up!!!"

Regards,
Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Here too ? AxeCrazy is not a frequent visitor here so I don't know if and when if will respond.
In essence the replacement thing is not such a bad idea.
As I've been involved in testing this mod I will see if this is easily done (think so)

Keep you posted on it.

IP Logged

Ruth _

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #29 - Dec 4th, 2002 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Cool, thanks Spike

Regards,
Ruth

IP Logged