Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic YaBB World files (Read 5507 times)
Stuart

I Love YaBB 2!

YaBB World files
Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and YaBB but need some help. I am in the process of upgrading a large forum for someone from 2.4 to the latest version. All installed and running well currently.
The previous forum has a whole block of mods installed which I am now trying to locate for the new update and get installed.
The YaBB World site is no longer available so my question is, where can I get the files that were hosted there?
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
Stuart

IP Logged

Bill Myers

Thank goodness for BoardMod!

Re: YaBB World files
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
I don't know why, but this forum doesn't seem to be particularly active. As such, you may want to seek help at YaBB's official support forum. At least there you'll likely get a relatively timely response.

As for the latest regarding YaBB, you may want to check out Dandello's YaBB 2.5.4 Alpha (RC1) forum.

Good luck with your upgrade, and have fun with YaBB. Wink

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!
IP Logged

Stuart

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Hi Bill,
Many thanks for your reply, I was beginning to give up hope  Shocked
I will certainly try the other forums.
I have a list of mode that really need to be installed before moving the live site across etc and trying to locate them is taking more time them setting YaBB up in the first place Cry
Thanks again, and I am enjoying YaBB so far  Cool

IP Logged

Bill Myers

Thank goodness for BoardMod!

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Stuart wrote on Nov 25th, 2013 at 6:53pm:
Thanks again, and I am enjoying YaBB so far  Cool

YaBB is really great forum software. I've used/enjoyed it since 2002 to accompany one of the sites I've operated since 1997. I started with version Yabb 1 Gold SP 1.4 and I didn't upgrade until version 2.4 (I'm still using that version).

During all of that time, I only installed one anti-spam-bot hack, and then two anti-spam mods after learning how to use Boardmod. My main reason for not installing more mods, despite the temptation, was that I could see there wasn't much of a chance for mods to be supported with newer versions of YaBB. There didn't seem to be a system in place to sync YaBB's development with its mods. As it turns out (after reading through Dandello's YaBB 2.5.4 Alpha (RC1) forum), my concern about support for exisiting mods seems to be valid.

Even if things go well with the newest version of YaBB, and admins are generally happy with it, I'm not likely to upgrade from 2.4 unless there's a way for me to make that upgrade in a way that's user friendly, and compatible with what we have now.

On the other hand, from what I've seen so far, the installation process should be reasonably easy to accomplish, and each one of the two mods, plus the hack I installed are part of YaBB's newest version.

As for this particular forum (still using version 2.3.1), my hope is that pride of ownership will become evident again with regular updates, and that an overhaul of offerings will match YaBB's development as it moves forward.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!
IP Logged

Stuart

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2013 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
The main reason I am in the process of upgrading a forum is that it is a request from a client.
The board was easy enough to set up and move data across but currently having difficulty finding up to date mods. As you say if you need them you may as well stick with what works and use an older version.
Having failed to get all of the mods I will go back to the client and ask what they want to do going forward as it would appear some are never going to be updated and I don't want to take the risk of installing the old version to find everything falls apart  Cry

IP Logged

Dandello
Forum Administrator

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
YaBBWorld is gone - however, SOME of the old mods from there have been updated and can be found at http://yabbforumsoftware.com/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint