Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic new here (Read 2540 times)
guipeng Bi

I Love YaBB 2!

new here
Oct 17th, 2012 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Hi all I am new here and hope you don't jump down my throat at my first posting.. but I am having a lot of trouble with Forum spamers on my new board and when I look at the Yabb forum I don't see any postings on there... I must get 10 a day... maybe my settings are wrong!
Anyway I have 2.4ver and was looking for a pre authorisation setting for posts so I can view before they go live.. ( I have nothing better to do   ) If there is one already then I apologise and could you point me in the right direction. Thanks.

IP Logged

Bill Myers

Thank goodness for BoardMod!

Re: new here
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
guipeng Bi wrote on Oct 17th, 2012 at 2:52am:
Hi all I am new here and hope you don't jump down my throat at my first posting.. but I am having a lot of trouble with Forum spamers on my new board ...

I'm obviously just guessing here, but since you're posting from China, people might think you're a spammer.

In any case, YaBB 2.4 doesn't have a pre-authorization for posts, but for the most part that's never really needed. Instead, you can easily select the registration scheme for your forum by choosing Pre-registration with Admin membership approval.

I would also recommend installing Derek Barnstorm's Anti-Spam Question mod and Carsten's Spamfruits. Both of these mods are terrific, and have been used by YaBB admins for a while now. Happily, even the new and soon-to-be released YaBB 2.5.2 evidently includes both of these mods.
Good luck, and have lots of fun with your YaBB forum.  Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint