Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lost Functions (Read 18592 times)
kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Lost Functions
Jan 2nd, 2012 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
I have YaBB 2.5AE I noticed that the Stealth Mode for admin in the forum settings is missing.

Going to Admin Center/Forum Configuration/Form Settings/Staff tab I do not have the listing to enable stealth mode for admin. Is there a way I can put it back or make this feature appear???

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Re: Lost Functions
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Hi kigiin,

Go to Admin Center => Forum Stats => Detailed Version Check and make sure that all of the files in the admin directory are for YaBB 2.5 AE (particularly NewSettings.pl and Settings_Main.pl) - if any of them are for older versions, then upload them from the 2.5 package.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Hi Derek,
Thans for getting back with me on this issue.
I checked the stats and everything is listed for YaBB 2.5 AE

For the specific files you mentioned they are the same as a new 2.5 package download ... Build 1.64 and Build 1.59 respectively.

I might add that when I changed hosts I couldn't get the paths set right so I did a fresh install and copied everything over except the Paths.pl and the forum was up and running. I'm not sure but could this have caused the problem?

If I overwrite the 2 files with ones from a fresh download I am suspecting that I will have to go through and rset the entire YaBB settings???

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Strange. I don't know why just one setting would be missing. Huh

kigiin wrote on Jan 3rd, 2012 at 10:33pm:
If I overwrite the 2 files with ones from a fresh download I am suspecting that I will have to go through and rset the entire YaBB settings???

No, it wouldn't affect any settings, but I did forget to mention that if you overwrite any files, and you have Mods installed, then you would obviously have to make the edits to those files again.

Anyway, if you attach your NewSettings.pl and Settings_Main.pl from the Admin directory here, I'll take a look at them for you...

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 3:56am
Print Post  
I have several mods installed ... and I don't know enough to feel comfortable about trying to put code back in the files  Sad

How do I put the files you requested into the thread? Cut and paste or attachment? If attachment how do I do that?

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:17am
Print Post  
kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 3:56am:
How do I put the files you requested into the thread? Cut and paste or attachment? If attachment how do I do that?

Just zip the files up and attach them to the post when replying - see the attached image. Smiley

BMAttachFiles.png ( 15 KB | Downloads )
BMAttachFiles.png

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Hmmm ... if I clicked that tiny "+" and guess what I found ??
LOL ... sometimes I wonder how I got so far in life without having a wreck.

settings_files.zip ( 24 KB | Downloads )

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Okay, for some reason the setting has just been moved. You have this in your file:

Code
Select All
# MCstatusStealth moved from here 

If you take a look under the Members tab you'll see that it's there instead (just underneath 'Enable Buddy List?'), so you'll be able to enable it fine. I can move it back for you if you want, but I guess as long as you know where it is yourself then it doesn't really matter...

kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:40am:
sometimes I wonder how I got so far in life without having a wreck.

He he - that makes two of us. Smiley

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Aha, you've got the Allow Stealth Mode for all Members Mod installed - that moves the setting:

mick wrote on Jul 23rd, 2010 at 9:46pm:
Changes:
- Admin-Settings moved from Staff- to Members-Area

Smiley

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:07am
Print Post  
OK maybe I misunderstood something along the way.
I installed the Stealth Mod for members to go stealth but the big boss of the forum didn't want members to go stealth so I didn't enable it in the settings.
However, in the Help section under Security/Stealth Mode it says that it's a function of 2.5AE for Admin to use to go stealth (not members). What you described was for the "members stealth mod".
Could it be that when I installed the Member Stealth Mod that it somehow changed the YaBB Admin Stealth Mode feature  ???  If so, can I copy the original stealth code from a fresh download and replace the Mod code?

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:13am
Print Post  
kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:07am:
Could it be that when I installed the Member Stealth Mod that it somehow changed the YaBB Admin Stealth Mode feature  ???

Yep. That's exactly what it does.

kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:07am:
If so, can I copy the original stealth code from a fresh download and replace the Mod code?

The best thing to do would be to just uninstall the Mod if you don't want normal members to be able to run in stealth mode.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Problem there.
I had to restore my computer and lost all the Mod records. I have yet to reinstall the Mod app. So if I do a uninstall of the Member Stealth Mod it will have to be done manually (I think that's what I'd have to do). Question is, will that restore the Admin Stealth feature or will I have to copy the code back in manually as well?

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #12 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:36am
Print Post  
kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:20am:
I had to restore my computer and lost all the Mod records. I have yet to reinstall the Mod app.  

Once you've installed BoardMod again, if you hold down Ctrl on your keyboard and check the box next to the Mod, it will mark the Mod as installed again, so you'll still be able to uninstall it through BoardMod just fine.

kigiin wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:20am:
Question is, will that restore the Admin Stealth feature or will I have to copy the code back in manually as well?

Not too sure what you mean. If you uninstall the Mod - either through BoardMod or manually - then the code should be put back to how it was before the Mod was installed. If you do do it manually, then of cause you would have to replace the modified code with the original code.

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 5:54am
Print Post  
That sounds easy enough Smiley
I have it on download now and I'll do as you instructed.
Hopefully something will go right and it will be a walk in the park. If it works I have another mod to take out that isn't being used.
I'll let you know how things turn out.

Thanks for all your help.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #14 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 6:00am
Print Post  
You're welcome. Fingers crossed that it works out for you. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint