Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Extended Profile Question for v2.5 (Read 3164 times)
kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Extended Profile Question for v2.5
Apr 14th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
I have a few members who want to create a profile as a couple (him and her) instead of individual profiles.
I am using v2.5 which has extended profile adding.
My questions are:

Can I change the drop down for gender to include "couple"?
Can I add dual fields for Birthday and Zodiac signs?

There will be other custom fields later, but these are the ones I need to modify.
Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2011 at 7:05pm by kigiin »  

IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Extended Profile Question for v2.5
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
OK, 17 days have passed and I haven't gotten any response from any moderator or anyone else who might possibly help.
Perhaps I didn't make my question clear enough and there is some doubt as to what I am trying to do. Let me clarify :

I am setting up YaBB v2.5.
The forum will have both single and couples members.
The couples want to register as a couple and NOT as individual singles.

(1.) I need to change the drop-down field for Gender to add for a "Couple" entry.
(2.) I need to add a second birthday and zodiac sign to be used when a couple registers.

MY request for help is:
(1.) In what file name is the code to change the Gender and can I just add it to the drop-down field?
(2.) Is the dual fields on birthday and zodiac even possible and can it be done using the extended profile feature?
(I understand the complexity of the birth date and zodiac sign being attached with more areas in the board that might prevent the addition from being possible).  

I hope I have satisfied the proper protocol in posting a request for help and I will get an answer from a moderator and someone who might know an answer to my requests.

Thank you for your interest in and time to read this ... but more importantly ... thank you for any help.

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2011 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Well I can point to you to the right direction, but I'll have to implement it yourself. To add an additional "gender", you have to modify profile.pl and register.pl:

profile.pl:
Code
Select All
	if (${$uid.$user}{'gender'} eq 'Male')   { $GenderMale   = ' selected="selected" '; }
	if (${$uid.$user}{'gender'} eq 'Female') { $GenderFemale = ' selected="selected" '; } 

Code
Select All
	<tr class="windowbg">
		<td width="220" align="left"><label for="gender"><b>$profile_txt{231}: </b></label></td>
		<td align="left"><select name="gender" id="gender" size="1"><option value=""></option><option value="Male"$GenderMale>$profile_txt{'238'}</option><option value="Female"$GenderFemale>$profile_txt{'239'}</option></select></td>
	</tr> 

Code
Select All
		if (${$uid.$user}{'gender'} eq 'Male') { $gender = $profile_txt{'238'}; }
		elsif (${$uid.$user}{'gender'} eq 'Female') { $gender = $profile_txt{'239'}; } 

register.pl:
Code
Select All
					<option value="Male">$register_txt{'gender_male'}</option>
					<option value="Female">$register_txt{'gender_female'}</option> 

You can use the extended profiles mod to add an additional field to your users profiles for a second birthday date. It will however show for every user, not only those who have set their gender to "couple".

The Administrator.
IP Logged

kigiin

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - May 11th, 2011 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks Michael.

I knew that is was going to be in the code but being a novice I wasn't sure where to look.

I'll play with it and see what happens.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint