Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) RSS on Board Index V1.0 for YaBB 2.4 (Read 23583 times)
Captain John

Pass to Port !

Re: RSS on Board Index V0.3 for YaBB 2.4
Reply #15 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Got a suggestion .. maybe a difficult one to do, but checking display on Boards, includes Staff boards (recycle-bin and Global Announcements) .. even as Admin these will not be used !   lol
  Auto check if GA or Recycle-Bin and Not Mark w/RSS

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #16 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Hi Captain,

It has crossed my mind that it would be better if you could select which boards and categories for it to show on, but I wasn't too sure the best way to do it (I probably rushed a little putting it into final). Maybe a selection box with all boards and cats listed would be ideal, and then you have the option to show/hide for each specific board and category.

I think your suggestion of 'Auto Checking' would actually be pretty easy, but if I can get the above idea to work then you could have control over all of the other boards/cats too. What do you think?

I had originally thought about having the setting in adding/editing a board in Manage Boards (which could also work), but there's already 2 Mods (BoardPass and Board Rules) which change that code, so it would have been awkward making compatible Mods for each order of install.

I think another reason I didn't do it was because of how RSS is handled in YaBB by default, in that you can only enable/disable and can't select certain boards/cats to exclude, so I left it how it was. But, yes. I agree, it would be better if you could exclude certain boards and cats form the Board Index at least.

I'll take another look at it when I get chance and hopefully I can get something working - it will most likely be some time in the new year now though if that's okay, I've got some 'Christmassy stuff' on at home at the minute I'm afraid...

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #17 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 2:41am:
I had originally thought about having the setting in adding/editing a board in Manage Boards (which could also work), but there's already 2 Mods (BoardPass and Board Rules) which change that code, so it would have been awkward making compatible Mods for each order of install. 

Yep, that would be the place .. being just a check box to enable.

I think another reason I didn't do it was because of how RSS is handled in YaBB by default, in that you can only enable/disable and can't select certain boards/cats to exclude, so I left it how it was.

mmm well actually it is governed by Membergroup permissions.  If you have access, you can get the feed.

suggestion of 'Auto Checking' would actually be pretty easy, but if I can get the above idea to work then you could have control over all of the other boards/cats too. What do you think?

This might be the answer ... because the code is already there to check if the member is allowed to get the feed.  (The RSS image, not be displayed, if not allowed ......)  and the code is there for determining if a board is a GA or Recycle when listing in the boardindex.template.  lol sounds easy  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #18 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Captain John wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 7:01am:
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Yesterday at 20:41:59:

mmmm How about just editing the Board Edit to place a checkbox.

Then a call from your routine to see if checked, then process ... the existing routines: (are they sub rotines?) ... because the code is already there to check if the member is allowed to get the feed.  (The RSS image, not be displayed, if not allowed ......)  and the code is there for determining if a board is a GA or Recycle when listing in the boardindex.template

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #19 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 8:24pm
Print Post  

Yep, that would be the place .. being just a check box to enable

Okay, maybe the best place would be under Manage Boards/Categories then. After a quick re-think, I could probably get away with only making three compatible mod files anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I think another reason I didn't do it was because of how RSS is handled in YaBB by default, in that you can only enable/disable and can't select certain boards/cats to exclude, so I left it how it was.

mmm well actually it is governed by Membergroup permissions.  If you have access, you can get the feed.

Ah, yes. I should be able to sort that out then, so if you don't have permission to view the board, then the RSS image won't show - that does make more sense.

suggestion of 'Auto Checking' would actually be pretty easy, but if I can get the above idea to work then you could have control over all of the other boards/cats too. What do you think?

This might be the answer ... because the code is already there to check if the member is allowed to get the feed.  (The RSS image, not be displayed, if not allowed ......)  and the code is there for determining if a board is a GA or Recycle when listing in the boardindex.template.  lol sounds easy  Roll Eyes

If we are going to go with this idea of adding it to Manage Boards/Categories, personally I'm a little hesitant to add auto-detection for the GA and Recycle boards though, I think because there would be a checkbox anyway, then it should be up to the individual Admin if they wanted to enable it for those boards. Would you be happy enough with a checkbox for the GA and Recycle boards too, or are you dead set on the auto-detection idea? I just think that maybe 'some' Admins might want it for those boards, and it would be unchecked by default anyway.

Captain John wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 7:12am:
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Yesterday at 20:41:59:

mmmm How about just editing the Board Edit to place a checkbox.

Then a call from your routine to see if checked, then process ... the existing routines: (are they sub rotines?) ... because the code is already there to check if the member is allowed to get the feed.  (The RSS image, not be displayed, if not allowed ......)  and the code is there for determining if a board is a GA or Recycle when listing in the boardindex.template

Yep. This is how it would work. It's just one of those things that involves 'replacing' code rather than adding after/before. But hey, I think we'll try to go with it anyway.

-----------------

So, if I'm on the right track, this is how i will work:

To show the RSS image for individual boards on the Board Index, you have to check a box under the Manage Boards settings. If you don't have permission to view the board, the the RSS image also won't show. (Auto-detection for GA and Recycle boards is yet to be decided).

To show the RSS image for individual categories on the Board Index, you have to check a box under the Manage Categories settings.

Is this sounding alright?

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #20 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 8:24pm:
To show the RSS image for individual boards on the Board Index, you have to check a box under the Manage Boards settings. If you don't have permission to view the board, the the RSS image also won't show. (Auto-detection for GA and Recycle boards is yet to be decided).

To show the RSS image for individual categories on the Board Index, you have to check a box under the Manage Categories settings.

Check box ... covers it (Ga & Recycle)  Sounds like a plan !!

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #21 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Just to let you know what's going on with this: I've got everything working now, I've just got to put it into a Mod file and make the compatible Mods, so I should be able to get it posted up sometime within the next week...

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #22 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 3:53am
Print Post  
WOW ,,, ok

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Re: RSS on Board Index V1.0 for YaBB 2.4
Reply #23 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Righteo, done at last. V1.0 attached to the first post - I've updated the screenshots and notes too.

Any problems, let me know...

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #24 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Took forever to find sometime to install after downloading ... But that is neat, now being able to pick and choose ...
 Installed manually, only because I run 3 Y2.4 CVS MODded forums ...
No problems, Great work ....

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks CJ! I'm glad it worked out alright.

IP Logged

mick

I love YaBB

Reply #26 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
I had to install it in another 2.4-Board. Because I
see, that the German-Patches are not included in
Package of first Post, I attache them here again.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:01pm by mick »  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #27 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mick, but the language edit changed in this version, that's why I didn't include them...

It now looks like this:

Code
Select All
<edit file>
Languages/English/Admin.lng
</edit file>

<search for>
'extendedprofiles' => 'Use Extended Profiles?<br /><span class="small">If enabled an additional item called "Profile Fields" will be shown on left side. There you can add functions to the users proflies.<br />Leave this unchecked if you don\'t use this feature to save server load!</span>',
</search for>

<add after>
### RSS on Board Index Mod Start ###
'brdrss1' => 'RSS',
'brdrss2' => 'Check to show RSS Feed for this category on the Board Index.<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Note:</b> Only relevant if RSS is enabled.',
'brdrss3' => 'Check to show RSS Feed for this board on the Board Index.<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Note:</b> Only relevant if RSS is enabled.',
### RSS on Board Index Mod End ###
</add after>

IP Logged

mick

I love YaBB

Reply #28 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Ok, you can take the attached file Wink
Edited:
File deleted. The Patches are now in the Package (first Post).

I have a little Problem in the Board, where I try to install it.
We have a different boadindex.template there. The png in
front of the Boards is not visible (yes I activate it in "Manage-
Boards").

See the Code in our Boardindex.Template:

Code
Select All
<tr>
	<td class="windowbg" width="6%" align="center" valign="middle">
		{yabb new}
	</td>
	<td class="windowbg" width="54%" align="left" valign="middle">
		{yabb boardrss} <a name="{yabb boardanchor}" href="{yabb boardurl}"><b>{yabb boardname}</b></a>{yabb boardviewers}<br />
		{yabb boarddesc}
		<div class="small" style="font-style:italic;">{yabb moderators}</div>
	</td>
	<td class="windowbg2" valign="middle" align="left" width="24%">
	<span class="small" style="float: left; margin-left: 12px;">
	{yabb lastpostlink}<br />
	<b>$boardindex_txt{'524'}:</b> {yabb lasttopiclink}<br />
	<b>$boardindex_txt{'525'}:</b> {yabb lastposter}
	</span>
	</td>
	<td class="windowbg" valign="middle" align="center" width="8%">{yabb threadcount}</td>
	<td class="windowbg" valign="middle" align="center" width="8%">{yabb messagecount}</td>
</tr> 

In another Board - with older Version of RSS-Mod - I can see the pic.

(The png is uploaded, I see it in front of the Categories)

« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2010 at 5:32am by mick »  
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #29 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Thanks very much for translations Mick, I'll add them to the package later on.

About the image not showing... Is it working with the other templates (old 2.1 and default)...?

Also, are you logged in and have permission to access the board?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint