Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rolodex 4 YaBB 2.4 (Read 19365 times)
Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Re: Rolodex 4 YaBB 2.4
Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
beta 0.4 - on bugs but some major changes. Changed the sidebar to let members close/open any available sidebar item. Added/changed mods for adding "Event Calendar mod" and "Recent User List mod" to the sidebar.

New zip attached to first post.

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #16 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Carsten... Very sorry about the time it's taken me to test this, I'm in the process of doing so now. From a quick test with installing Rolodex by itself I haven't actually noticed anything untoward. I haven't tested it with EventCal and RecentUsers yet though, I'm going to install them and give it a good test over the next couple of days...
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2009 at 4:17am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #17 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Just tested with EventCal and RecentUsers and everything seems to work fine. It looks absolutely great!

Thanks!

Smiley

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #18 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 4:31am
Print Post  
Ah, I thought I was doing well not to find anything...

I think you need to add 'email.gif' to the rolodex image directory. See attached image... I've only noticed it in the Member List as of yet, but maybe there's other places...

I don't think it's a problem with the YaBB code pointing to the default directory because it finds it for the 2.1 template...

And... If anybody wants to see a demo or  test this very fine Mod, they can do so here (EventCal and RecentUsers installed):

http://ibrainstorm.net/yabbrolo/yabb2/YaBB.pl

user: rolotest
pass: rolotest123

RoloNoEmailImage.png ( 23 KB | Downloads )
RoloNoEmailImage.png

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Yup - actually the problem is a small bug in Y 2.4 - look here:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1257811561/0

I'll add the email.gif to the rolodex folder before final release thou  Smiley

----------

Guess i've said it before - but i don't mind saying it again: Not only do you release your own mods - you also take out time to firmly test and report back on other mods - and even set up a test board - highly appreciated Derek  Smiley Smiley

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Carsten wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:15am:
Yup - actually the problem is a small bug in Y 2.4 - look here:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1257811561/0

Ah, yes. Just applied your fix and it works fine now.

Carsten wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:15am:
Guess i've said it before - but i don't mind saying it again: Not only do you release your own mods - you also take out time to firmly test and report back on other mods - and even set up a test board - highly appreciated Derek  Smiley Smiley

Thanks Carsten. That means a lot! Smiley

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #21 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 2:56am
Print Post  
Hi, Carsten ... now that I have a new test board up again, I am testing new items, even if I don't know for sure if I will be making use of them or not.

Am giving this one a try on my test board, and have come across a couple of minor issues.

For one thing, when scrolling through the cards, the General Category disappears in one out of the three rotations. It is just a little odd. Click the arrow again, and it is back in the next rotation, but it just doesn't show up in one spot.

If this is only a problem showing up on mine, and not on everybody's, you can see it here: http://jonbatchelor.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Not a problem with your mod, but just kind of a note about YaBB in general ... I thought that YaBB was supposed to go to the default folder for any graphics it could not find in a custom folder template ... but it never seems to be the case. I may have to upload a couple of images from a couple of mods to the Rolodex folder, as well as the other template folders. (Think I am going to mention this over on YaBB.)

As for another issue, while I like the look in general, and might be interested in using it, the problem is I run lots of other mods that add to the info center, and though you have taken into account two of them, others (including one of your own, I think) don't get added on.

I'm thinking of the Countdown mod, your User Activity mod, and probably the Users Today mod.

But I like the look overall, and wanted to help out with the testing a little bit, now that I have a board to test on again.

Edited:
I'm probably wrong here, but wondering if maybe your 'General Chat' chat room in any way might be conflicting name-wise with the general category name, causing the semi-vanishing rolodex card or something.

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #22 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Batchman .. you don't have the rolodex as default ...

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Reply #23 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Wonderful!

Yesterday I had it set as the default. Today, it isn't even showing as an option. And at some point, all of the settings I had programmed in just vanished into thin air!

There are days I just want to quit doing the whole forum thing. (Luckily they don't last.)

Edited:
Rolodex is back to being the default layout, and the same problem is still there.

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #24 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 2:15am
Print Post  
batchman wrote on Jan 1st, 2010 at 2:56am:
when scrolling through the cards, the General Category disappears in one out of the three rotations. It is just a little odd. Click the arrow again, and it is back in the next rotation, but it just doesn't show up in one spot.

I clicked on the top Cat (20/30 times), I clicked on the Down Arrow (20/30 times), I clicked on the Up Arrow (20/30 times) , I clicked on Up, then Down Arrow ... 30 times ... did not lose General Cat.

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

Fps_Brian

Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 6:56am
Print Post  
I don't know why I never installed this...

I added it to the style switcher if anyone wants to see it in action- www.omgot.org

Also a good idea to get it checked out from other computers and resolutions

www.omgot.org
65+ mods installed
IP Logged

ayjay

Code Moron

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Fps_Brian wrote on Mar 12th, 2011 at 6:56am:
if anyone wants to see it in action

I just had a look and can confirm that it worked fine in Firefox 3.5.17 on Win XP.

Not sure it's a layout that I love but I'm sure it could grow on me with some regular use and certainly better than "roll-ups".

Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

Fps_Brian

Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Cool, thanks!

I plan on playing around with some ideas I have and after that I bet I'll be uses this as my preferred layout lol

www.omgot.org
65+ mods installed
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint