Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rolodex 4 YaBB 2.4 (Read 19254 times)
Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Rolodex 4 YaBB 2.4
Oct 15th, 2009 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Ever wanted a different look and feel of the old Board Index page? This one is different...

Changing Board Index into a "Rolodex" kind of interface. You can browse through the categories - one at a time by clicking on two arrow buttons - or continously by holding down the mouse button. You can bring a 'category card' to the front by clicking on the title bar or take out one single 'category card' by clicking on the icon in front of the name name. Forum info, showcase poll and Log in / Register boxes are moved to a 'side bar' in the left side.

Edited:
Guess i forgot to mention that this is actually a mod and a template - meaning that the members have to select it in their profile - and it has no effect on any existing templates.

Oct 16th, 2009 at 2:55pm - beta 0.2 - no bugs - just made the pie chart work on showcase poll - had to add a new .js file for that purpose. Changes are in 'BoardIndex.pl' 'Poll.pl', 'rolodex/BoardIndex.template' and 'rolodex.html'  (and a new 'smallpiechart.js')

Oct 19th, 2009 at 8:56am - beta 0.2.1 - added all necessary images to the 'rolodex' image folder. Added 'rolodex.html' and 'rolodex.css' (again). Made some minor changes to the code.

Oct 20th, 2009 at 4:19pm - beta 0.3 - added 'new posts' info to the card title bars. Made the generated code valid xhtml. Made some minor layout shapeups.

Oct 20th, 2009 at 6:54pm - beta 0.3.1 - fixed small bug not removing the 'new boards' info when 'Mark all as read' button is clicked. Only changes in 'rolodex/BoardIndex.template'.

Oct 22nd, 2009 at 8:49am - beta 0.3.1 ec - no bugs and no changes but added a extra mod to make the "Event Calendar" layout fit the Rolodex Template (of course only if you have the Event Calendar installed  Wink )

Oct 27th, 2009 at 10:49pm - beta 0.4 - on bugs but some major changes. Changed the sidebar to let members close/open any available sidebar item. Added/changed mods for adding "Event Calendar mod" and "Recent User List mod" to the sidebar.

Oct 29th, 2009 at 4:42am - beta 0.4b - small issue with the way links to sidebar items are sorted fixed.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2009 at 4:44am by Carsten »  

rolodex_4_yabb24_04b.zip ( 56 KB | Downloads )
rolodex04b.png ( 73 KB | Downloads )
rolodex04b.png
rolodex03a.png ( 25 KB | Downloads )
rolodex03a.png

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

deti

YaBB is the best!!!

Re: Rolodex 4 YaBB 2.4
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Greate idea Carsten!!!!!!!! Smiley

Was immer Du tun kannst
oder erträumst tun zu können,
beginne es.
Kühnheit besitzt Genie,
Macht und magische Kraft.
Beginne es jetzt.
Whatever you can do
or dream you can,
begin it.
Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it.
Begin it now.
Johann Wolfgang Goethe

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Thanks deti

beta 0.2 - no bugs - just made the pie chart work on showcase poll - had to add a new .js file for that purpose. Changes are in 'BoardIndex.pl' 'Poll.pl', 'rolodex/BoardIndex.template' and 'rolodex.html'  (and a new 'smallpiechart.js')

New zip attached to first post.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2009 at 8:21pm by Carsten »  

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Awesome change... ! Great work

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

chillipepper

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
WOW.Great mod Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Yep! Another very nice Mod, Carsten. It's always nice for users to have the choice.

The only things I've noticed are, when I hit the 'Mark all as read' button, it seems to work fine but, the image doesn't pop up to tell you that it is marking them as read like it normally does. Maybe it could?

Also...

Carsten wrote on Oct 15th, 2009 at 3:40am:
or take out one single 'category card' by clicking on the icon in front of the name name.

I've tested this on two installs but, the cardall.gif and cardone.gif don't show before the category name like in your screenshot. See the attached image. Maybe I'm missing something silly?

RoloNoImages.png ( 9 KB | Downloads )
RoloNoImages.png

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:43pm:
I've tested this on two installs but, the cardall.gif and cardone.gif don't show before the category name like in your screenshot. See the attached image. Maybe I'm missing something silly?

Oups - i packed up the wrong BoardIndex.template - sorry.

New zip in first post.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Ah, yep! That's done the trick.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:43pm:
The only things I've noticed are, when I hit the 'Mark all as read' button, it seems to work fine but, the image doesn't pop up to tell you that it is marking them as read like it normally does. Maybe it could?

Do it this way:

Copy 'Rotate.gif' and 'RotateStop.gif' from the 'default' folder to the 'rolodex' folder.

Then in rolodex.html find
Code
Select All
<div id="ImageAlert" style="visibility:hidden; position:fixed; background-color:#AAAAAA; width:200px; top:30%; left:41%"> 

and replace it with
Code
Select All
<div id="ImageAlert" style="visibility:hidden; position:fixed; background-color:#AAAAAA; width:200px; top:30%; left:41%; z-index: 200;"> 

Will be done in next beta...

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Perfecto!

It wasn't really a biggy, I just thought it was better to be there than not to be there.

Great stuff.

Thanks again!

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 8:59am
Print Post  
beta 0.2.1 - added all nescesary images to the 'rolodex' image folder. Added 'rolodex.html' and 'rolodex.css' (again). Made some minor changes to the code.

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
beta 0.3 - added 'new posts' info to the card title bars. Made the generated code valid xhtml. Made some minor layout shapeups.

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
beta 0.3.1 - fixed small bug not removing the 'new boards' info when 'Mark all as read' button is clicked. Only changes in 'rolodex/BoardIndex.template'.

new zip in first post.

IP Logged

Red_Barchetta

Now running Yabb 2.4

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Very nice. I like how it reduces the clutter if your forum has many categories. Very clean looking.

Jack of all trades, master of none....
Yabb 2.1 & 2.4 @ 65.7.201.7
IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #14 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 8:56am
Print Post  
beta 0.3.1 ec - no bugs and no changes but added a extra mod to make the "Event Calendar" layout fit the Rolodex Template (of course only if you have the Event Calendar installed  Wink )

"Recent User List" fits perfect into the sidebar - see attached screen shot.
Edited:
new screen shot from beta 0.4 attached.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2009 at 11:45pm by Carsten »  

rolodexec04.png ( 38 KB | Downloads )
rolodexec04.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint