Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Chat CE 4 YaBB 2.4 ver. 1.2 (Read 48774 times)
Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Chat CE 4 YaBB 2.4 ver. 1.2
Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
This mod adds a Chat Box with wysiwyg editor to your ver. 2.4 Forum.
Besides a "General Chat" room it uses the existing Board names as Chat room names.
It shows a list of participants for every Chat room.
Participants can start/stop Chat auto-update.

Admin can:
- Enable / disable Chat
- Enable Chat Button on Message Index
- Enable / disable alert before deleting a Chat message
- Exclude Board names not wanted as Chat rooms
- Set max. number of characters in a Chat message
- Set the number of minutes Chat messages stay alive
- Set the number of minutes inactive participants stay in the Chat log
- Set Chat/participants update rate in seconds

History:

Sep 19th, 2009 at 2:27pm - beta 0.2 - added admin section for admin to set the number of minutes a chat message stay alive, the number of minutes a inactive participant will stay in the chat log, the update frequency in seconds and select boards that should not be used as Chat Room names. Also fixed a small glitch causing unwanted scrollbar in some browsers.

Sep 20th, 2009 at 1:15pm - beta 0.3 - fixed spelling error (seconds) and removed linking to moderators.

Sep 21st, 2009 at 1:02am - beta 0.4 - added admin option to exclude a complete category by selecting the category name. Added admin option to enable/disable Chat as requested by 'chillipepper'. Added a "General Chat" room in case a confused admin should exclude all boards or a member group only have access to boards excluded. Linking to moderators profile are back and opening correctly now.

Sep 21st, 2009 at 5:08pm - beta 0.5 - made Chat CE compatible with the Y 2.1 template.

Sep 25th, 2009 at 1:37am - beta 0.6 - made changes for a better way to handle / me functionality.

Sep 30th, 2009 at 4:57pm - beta 0.7 - added admin option to set max. characters in chat messages. Added admin option to show / hide Chat button om Message Index. Fixed bug when excluding a board with the same id as a category.

Oct 1st, 2009 at 12:03am - beta 0.7.1 - fixed admin and gmod visible in stealth mode

Oct 1st, 2009 at 1:29am - beta 0.7.2 - fixed remaining characters counter starting 1 low in some browsers

Oct 2nd, 2009 at 9:57pm - beta 0.8 - added admin option to enable/disable alert before deleting chat comment (favor to Derek for his loyal testing  Smiley ). Added "Clear" button to reset the editor.Made some code streamlining.

Oct 3rd, 2009 at 5:15pm - beta 0.8.1 - fixed wrong .mod file attached to prev. package. Fixed option group labels for empty categories in selector.

Oct 4th, 2009 at 10:45am - release ver. 1.0 - done some code-streamlining for faster loading.

Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:23am - ver. 1.2 - improved wysiwyg editor. All editor updating now based on events rather that the old timer based updating. Much less 'flicker' and much faster. Now buttons indicates when the cursor is inside a node, and 'node select' links are shown in the status bar (see attached screenshot). Added background color button. All changes since ver. 1.0 are in ChatCE.pl, ChatCE.lng and a number of new image files - no need for un-install / re-install.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:44am by Carsten »  

chatce12.png ( 51 KB | Downloads )
chatce12.png

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Re: Chat CE 4 YaBB 2.4 beta 0.2
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
beta 0.2 - added admin section for admin to set the number of minutes a chat message stay alive, the number of minutes a inactive participant will stay in the chat log, the update frequency in secunds and select boards that should not be used as Chat Room names. Also fixed a small glitch causing unwanted scrollbar in some browsers.

New zip package attached to first post.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:07pm by Carsten »  

chatceadm08.png ( 37 KB | Downloads )
chatceadm08.png

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

chillipepper

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Hi carsten,i tryed beta1 and stall ok and worked ok. i just install beta2 and boom i have nothin but probs..it install ok but when i try to use it,it not work and locks the forum..i check my server and its run 90% get it afew mins and back to normal..i go in admin and look at the chat and when i look at which boards can be use for chat there is nothin there and onlt a scroller..i go back to chat and get server error..i sude my backup and board was ok then i started again with this beta 2 and just came up the same..well thats my testing so far..

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
OMG - sorry about that chillipepper

Attached new zip to first post. Changes via mod are in Settings_Main.pl and small change added to ChatCE.pl to prevent problems at start before settings has been saved.

IP Logged

chillipepper

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Installed ok and works great,so much better now we can have how many chat rooms we want..before there was too many to control in beta1 but now its great.. Smiley on one thing i would wish for is to be able to turn off and on in admin

IP Logged

ThM
God Member

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
What should i say. Another great mod. Installed and works fine.

Smiley Smiley

Greeting ThM

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
This is really cool, Carsten. Thanks!

Quick links aren't working for me though on the usernames under 'Moderators', and if quick links aren't enabled, then the members profile page opens in the chat frame rather than a new one.

Also, a small spelling error...

Code
Select All
'update' => "Update frequency in secunds.", 

Should be...

Code
Select All
'update' => "Update frequency in seconds.", 

Smiley

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Re: Chat CE 4 YaBB 2.4 beta 0.3
Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys for testing. Fixed spelling error and removed links to moderators profile. New zip package in first post. All changes are in ChatCE.lng and ChatCE.pl - nothing new in the mod file.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Thanks! All seems fine now.

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #9 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Beta 0.4 - added admin option to exclude a complete category by selecting the category name. Added admin option to enable/disable Chat as requested by 'chillipepper'. Added a "General Chat" room in case a confused admin should exclude all boards or a member group only have access to boards excluded. Linking to moderators profile are back and opening correctly now.

New zip package in first post.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Re: Chat CE 4 YaBB 2.4 beta 0.4
Reply #10 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Great! Everything seems in working order from a quick test. It's nice to have the moderator links back too. Smiley

This would be another nice feature for YaBB 3. Wink

I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of things about the wysiwyg editor. These aren't problems to me in the slightest, I'm more inquisitive than anything else, so I thought I'd bring them up:

Anyhow, I've only tested on a Mac but, when using the '/me' feature, any text after is in red. This only happens in Safari and works fine in FireFox. People usually sign their name last anyway, so it's not really important.

Also, when inserting an email address, the 'mailto:' appears before. If you meant it that way, then it's absolutely fine - I just wasn't too sure it was meant to have been there or not.

As I say, they're only very minor things, and not in any way a problem.

Thanks again for your work on the Mod!

Edited:
Ah, I've just checked it out with the 2.1 template... Apart from the fact that there is no nav button or text, none of the images come in...

I believe you can fix the images by using '$defaultimagesdir' instead of '$imagesdir'. And maybe the same thing for the smilies...

Smiley

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 4:51am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #11 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Made Chat CE compatible with Y 2.1 template - thanks for reminding me Derek  Smiley
New zip package attached to first post.

As for the mailto and / me functionality it comes down to the way different browsers handle rich text/js.
I did seriously consider to kick the / me function, but keept it as it works in IE and FF.
The mailto: issue is also about how to use the editor. Accepted practice is to write a 'link text' in the editor - mark it - open the 'Insert Email' box and write the mail address - then click the checkmark button. As far as i know only Safari and Google Chrome actually inserts the mail address if nothing is marked in the editor.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Reply #12 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Thanks. All's good now.

And thanks for explaining. They're fine as they are anyway.

Carsten wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 5:25pm:
The mailto: issue is also about how to use the editor. Accepted practice is to write a 'link text' in the editor - mark it - open the 'Insert Email' box and write the mail address - then click the checkmark button.

Doh! I didn't even think of that. It works as it should do then.

Carsten wrote on Sep 21st, 2009 at 5:25pm:
As far as i know only Safari and Google Chrome actually inserts the mail address if nothing is marked in the editor.

Ah, yep, You're right. I hadn't checked it in FF.

It's a very nice Mod!

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Re: Chat CE 4 YaBB 2.4 beta 0.5
Reply #13 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Made some changes in dealing with the / me functionality. All changes since 0.5 are in ChatCE.pl

New zip attached to first post.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
God Member

Re: Chat CE 4 YaBB 2.4 beta 0.6
Reply #14 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Cool. No more red text in Safari. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint