Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ironwing's chat system ... possible community proj (Read 1010 times)
batchman
Global Moderator

What's up?!

Ironwing's chat system ... possible community proj
Jul 28th, 2009 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Way back when, when he was still one of the mod writers around here, IronWing had a chat mod. It worked in YaBB itself, rather than in IRC like the OMario/Jet Li mod.

Both mods were available for the 1.3 YaBB series, and people used whichever one they found most fit their needs. Personally, I liked the system, and it was what I used until I updated my forum to the 2.x series, since IronWing never found time to update it.

I expect there were down sides to this mod. I am hoping some others will chime in about what those are. I also think there were up sides. I have members who cannot manage to get into the IRC system ... their computers just don't agree with it. But they were able to get into the entirely YaBB-contained chat room.

And a self-contained chat room means we have more control over things.

I would like to find out if there is any interest in this. I would also like to find out if anybody still has an old 1.3 board running with this on it, so people can see what the original mod was like.

What I would like to see happen is, first, for the basic mod to be ressurected, as another chat option for those who might want it. And then secondly, to eventually enlarge it to include a couple of live chat games, Trivia and Hangman, where the chat room would ask the questions, and keep scores, as chatters competed live to see who could get the most points.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone interested in trying things out, and seeing what kind of ideas occur to them?

Improving my forum, one mod at a time!

Now up and running again, with an accurate link.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint