Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: Vietnam Veterans Commuity Bulletin Board Forum (Read 3182 times)
jfk

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Re: Vietnam Veterans Commuity Bulletin Board Forum
Apr 6th, 2009 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Captain.

Being honest I don't like the borders on the index page around the boards/description. To my thinking they'd look better in a solid (dark) colour.

Other than that I like the overall look  Thumbs Upsup:

John

My YaBB forum can be found at www.Rabbiters.co.uk

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2009 at 2:53am
Print Post  
The borders look like that due to the background image showing thru and breaking the lines.  To me it looks like ragged edge green paper.  I like it for this theme.

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

Outumuro
God Member

Publisher - YaBB Toolbar

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Hi CJ,

Looks great.  Excellent choice for a veteran theme.  I definitely like the look and layout.

Only things I would note are the logos at the top, and the text colors at the bottom.  Some of the top logos (VFW, AMVETS, VVA & DVA) have a bit of artifacting and could use a little cleaning up.  Like white dots around the circles... they need defringed, then re-stroked.  Then the text at the bottom for the copyright and the VV Webring is a little hard to read.  The current colors blend in a little too much for the font's point size.  Other colors or different/larger fonts would help.

Great job CJ. Smiley

IP Logged

Captain John

Pass to Port !

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
"have a bit of artifacting and could use a little cleaning up.  Like white dots around the circles... they need defringed, then re-stroked."

huh ?  duh ............... is this a foreign language ?   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed  Just becuase I have quite a few graphics programs doesn't mean I know how to use them ... lol   Notice the CC Emblem on the main html page ... loused that up using white as the transparency...

The text .. think I can do that.   Grin

Love to live and love on the water

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint