Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Add new board on Registration (Read 50621 times)
ccarr
Ex Member

Re: Add new board on Registration
Reply #15 - Jun 11th, 2007 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
No Problem Jasinner. You're doing me and anybody else that wants this mod a favour. Thanks for your patience. I just wish I could write in perl my self.

The avatar is now working ok, it was just the link. I have my yabbfiles folder in a different place so I manually edited the following line to a direct link for my avatars folder and it worked ok.

document.images.icons.src="./avatars/"+............

I have also attached a list of default avatars that I found in a fresh copy of yabb2.1.

Unfortunately I still can't get a new board created for the new member. I assume that the board should be created when the member selects the blog option in their profile options and then clicks on: 'change profile'? I don't know if I am doing anything wrong or if I have a problem with having so many other mods installed?

As well as the list of default avatars, I have also attached a few of my pl files and a screen dump of my registration page. If you get a chance to see what may be wrong then that would be great but if you don't have the time then don't worry. I'd also be happy to give you admin rights temporarily.

Something to add to the wish list: It would be good to have an admin option to have the: useBlog: option on the registration page.

Thanks again

sample_file.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

jasnner

Bonsai!

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
I assume that the board should be created when the member selects the blog option in their profile options and then clicks on: 'change profile'?

A new board is created on Registration. Try it out on my forum if you like.

Quote:
As well as the list of default avatars, I have also attached a few of my pl files and a screen dump of my registration page. If you get a chance to see what may be wrong then that would be great but if you don't have the time then don't worry.

Everything appears to be in order, and thanks for the list of avatars.

Quote:
I'd also be happy to give you admin rights temporarily.

If it still doesn't work, maybe you could create me a temp account on your FTP server

Quote:
Something to add to the wish list: It would be good to have an admin option to have the: useBlog: option on the registration page.

See above. The current version is on the registration page. The next version will include profile functions

Study english, and have fun www.english-nikki.com
IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Jasinner

I have sent you a personal message Smiley

IP Logged

jasnner

Bonsai!

Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Forgive me for being daft, but how do i get my personal messages?

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Hi Jasinner

At the top of this page it should say:

Hey, jasinner, you have
2 messages, 2 are new.

Click on 'Messages'  Wink

IP Logged

jasnner

Bonsai!

Reply #20 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Ok ccarr,

I got good news and bad news.

Good news is I know why your blogs aren't created when someone joins. It's because you have the admin approval thing turned on.

The bad news is, I tinkered with the mod a little, tried to get it firing on Admin approval but I couldn't get it to work yet.

Can I ask you why you chose to use admin approval, did you get many spammers on your site or something? I wonder if it's worth the effort to get it working after admin approval, or just turn it off?

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks Jasinner

I go away for a few days at a time and I have had people join and post p*rn images etc. Because I have a few younger members who drop in and play games I'm concerned that they will be presented with these images before I get to them. Maybe I do have to rethink that approval option because I do like your blog idea.

I have to go out for a few hours so will look at this on my return.

Do you think the blog option will work if I switch off the admin approval or do you believe that I will have to uninstall the mod all together.

Feel free to experiment on my forum if you like.

Thanks for your help again.

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
I switched off the admin approval and registered a new member. I couldn't find a new board.

I also joined the English Nikki Blog but there was no new board there also. Cry

Regards

IP Logged

jasnner

Bonsai!

Reply #23 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 2:55am
Print Post  
Sorry, I didn't test that well.

I was playing with my Variables file and forgot to update my BlogCategory.pl. Now you can test it on my forum. It works well on my forum now.

Of course your's had the same problem as mine, but I fixed it and updated the mod file.

I will try to make a version that is compatable with Member Approval, plese turn on member approval on your site and see it if works. Let me know how it goes.

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:07am by jasnner »  

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Cool Jasinner  8)

The new board feature is working great as long as I have the Approval option turned off. This is pretty smart. It's not working with the approval turned on but I guess that won't be a problem for most forms.

I have left approval on in case you are doing more tests. There are four settings for it in the AdminCentre/Forum Settings. I use either setting 1. (Off) or setting 4. (Fully on).

Thanks again for this and all your assistance. :2thumbsup:

IP Logged

jasnner

Bonsai!

Reply #25 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:14am
Print Post  
I'm suprised it works with Membership approval turned off, did you modify the Register.pl file? I added the createboard part into your Admin/AdminApproval.pl

Anyway, I'm glad it works.
Remind your members that anyone can start topics in their blog, but they can remove messages and topics from their blog.

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:22am
Print Post  
No, I didn't change anything. I just registered a new member and it worked then I switched the Approval on so that I have to approve a new account before they login, registered another new member but after approval there was no new board.

Cheers

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 8:48am
Print Post  
I was planning to add the new: Security_Patch_05-24-07.mod.

Will that be compatible with your mod?

IP Logged

ccarr
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Hi Jasinner

I setup a small test tonight with new blog members A & B.

A added a new message into their own board.
B replays to A's message but A can't delete B's reply.

Similarly, B starts a new message in A's board but A can't delete it.

I guess the ideal would be for the owner of the board to have full delete rights to their own board. Is this possible. ???

IP Logged

jasnner

Bonsai!

Reply #29 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 2:33am
Print Post  
I'm not sure about the security update. Only way to find out is to try and it. Let me know if it works.

I want to make this mod as compatable as possible so let me know if it doesn't work after you install the new mod.

I will have a look at the deleting issue soon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint