Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Event Calendar - Bizarre Bug (Read 2314 times)
AndyBriggs

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Event Calendar - Bizarre Bug
Dec 5th, 2006 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I don't know if anybody here can help with this, but I followed the links given for the Event Calendar mod and both lead to German websites (which I cannot read!!)

Anyway, this concerns the Event Calendar/Birthday List mod for YaBB 2.0/2.1

This mod has been running perfectly on our forums for several months now, and the forum members love it.

However, one member PMed me yesterday to say that the option to add a new event to the calendar had disappeared - both from the bottom of the board index and when you click "Event Calendar" in the YaBB menu.

It was OK for me, so I logged in as the member and, sure enough, the "Add Event" link wasn't there.

But it now gets even more strange. It now turns out that the "Add Event" option is not available for any new forum members, because I registered a few dummy members and they don't have the link either.

However, I, as adminstrator, have the link, and so do all other members. It's just the member who told me he had the problem, plus any new members, who can't add events to the calendar.

The member in question has 1600 posts so it doesn't appear to be no.of posts-related. It just stopped letting him add new events.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Can anybody help with this?

Our forums are at:

http://www.sciencefile.org/forums

TIA

Andy

Quote:
Edit: in an even more bizarre development, I have found that I can restore the "Add Event" link for the member by making him a Global Moderator.

« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2006 at 10:59am by AndyBriggs »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint