Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Users Disappear - YaBB 2.1 with many mods (Read 5037 times)
Imp_In_Training
God Member

Don't follow me, I'm lost
too!

New Users Disappear - YaBB 2.1 with many mods
Oct 5th, 2006 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I have new users disappearing on me - no, not on purpose.  For whatever reason, even after they successfully validate their account, it seems they are still deleted after 24 hours (the setting for remove unvalidated account).  Now this is either due to one of my mods installed, or a setting in the Admin section.  But hey, I went through those settings several times and can't figure out anything that might be wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to repair this problem (besides removing the validation scheme... with all the spambots, it's absolutely necessary), I'm all ears.

I have the following MODs installed (in no particular order):
  • Hotlinks 4 YaBB21 (v. 1.2 by Carsten)
  • Blown-up PM Box (BPM-Box v. 0.6b by dOCdas)
  • Dice 4 YaBB21 (v. 0.3 beta by Carsten)
  • RateIT Mod (v 1.8 by Carsten & Boris Tjuvanov)
  • Admin HTML in Posts (v. 1.0 by James Andrews)
  • Online Games Beta2 (v. beta2 by XTC)
  • Roll Log Mod (v. 1.0 by Thomas Dawe "Imp_In_Training")
  • Custom Page Mod (v. 0.2 by James Andrews "jam3z")
  • Extended Profiles (v. 2.1 by Michael Prager)
  • Reverse Post Order beta 1.4 YaBB2 (v. 1.4 by astro-pilot)
  • ImageShack Uploader (v. 0.1e by Curtis Grymala)

I wish I could shorten the list, but I'm not sure what could be causing it.  The last new user I had registered was in May of 2006... so the problem has shown up since then, I suppose (unless my Global Moderator created that account for his friend manually).  According to the dates as they show up in my files for those mods, that means ImageShack, and Reverse Post Order don't seem to be the problem... but anything else in that list could be.

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Re: New Users Disappear - YaBB 2.1 with many mods
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
It has been 27 hours since I created the test user using the pre-registration and account activation setting and the test user is still there, as is JetLi's test account that was made about 26 1/2 hours ago.  So it seems that everything is working now.

The only changes I made was to disable the random password at startup, and enable the pre-registration and account activation settings.  So I don't know what to say.  I know users were disappearing inexplicably within 24 hours of creating a new account... whether it is just something isolated to my configuration, or a true YaBB bug remains to be seen.

Thanks for the help... and I'll let you know if the problem reappears.

IP Logged

James Andrews

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Hey. First of all thanks for using my mods  Wink

I can tell you now that neither of my mods will be creating the problem. The only thing I can guess what could be causing the problem is the Extended Profiles mod.

I suggest you head over to the support board at www.yabbforum.com, this is where you might get most help.

- James.

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Thanks, but I don't think it's any of the mods, actually.  I think it's some sort of bizarre bug I just happened upon by a sequence of setting changes.  Everything's working the way I have it set now, and I changed nothing on the mods.

IP Logged

NsLoki

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2008 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I am having a similar problem. But the strange thing is that they can post but as the topic starter they show as an ex member, but inside the topic they still show as a member. They can start another thread, but it will also show them as ex member.

Not sure when it started, but last night we changed the settings so enable the pre-registration and account activation settings are not checked and it still happened. It's getting pretty frustrating any help would be great. Here's a link to the forums...

http://www.niteshareforums.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2008 at 1:42am by NsLoki »  

IP Logged

NsLoki

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 5:39am
Print Post  
k..I figured out what the problem was. Their registration time was actually and hour or so AFTER their first post. Adjusting the time should take care of it. Thanks anyway lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint