Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Dice 4 YaBB 2.1 beta (Read 23529 times)
Imp_In_Training
God Member

Don't follow me, I'm lost
too!

Re: Dice 4 YaBB 2.1 beta
Reply #15 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 8:19am
Print Post  
I'll bet you're right.  I don't even remember seeing it.  But I changed it and the separate dice results are shown now.  It doesn't explain why the target number is changing though.

IP Logged

mimit

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #16 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Hi Carsten, thanks a lot!!!!

Just one question, Im remember the old version of your dice mod, and in my forum some users find the way to cheat, if in the last shhot they dont get a hig score they go back to play again, does exist any way to dont allow thath?

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #17 - Sep 21st, 2006 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
After reviewing the code for DiceAddRoll.pl, I see where I was getting confused.  The 'less than target' is a growing variable where each number beneath the target number is added, coming up with a sum value.  It is an interesting use, but not necessary and possibly confusing for my users.  Is there any way you could add this to a setting as well?  Allow the moderator the option whether or not he or she wanted to display the sum of target achievers - something to that effect?

Also, a >= or <= option before the target would be nice as well - in order to get the colors to work on all occasions.

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 9:39am
Print Post  
I take it you're either bogged down with higher priorities, or you have no intentions of addressing my comments earlier.  Guess it's ok if I make alterations to the .pl files to meet my own needs... huh?  Hope so.  Don't see why it wouldn't be unless I went and distributed the work... which I don't intend on doing.

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2006 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Carsten,

I've made some revisions to your DiceAddRoll.pl and dice.lng files.  Revisions are all for the Add Roll functionality, naturally.  They include:

• Error checking for out-of-bounds value on the quantity.  I could be wrong, but it looked like anyone could plug in any positive integer and the script would go to work.  This left the site open for someone rolling thousands of dice and tying up resources in that manner.  Now, they are limited to rolling from 1 to 20 dice.  I can't see any reason why more than that would be needed.
  • Target Potential - can check a value for greater-than-or-equal-to, or less-than-or-equal-to... depending on the drop-down selection.
  • Target Fine-Tuning - I couldn't figure out what you were trying to do with the target value, but it was causing all sorts of confusion on my site.  So I've revised it to determine whether the roll was a success or failure, and leave it at that. 
  • Repetition rolling - Will allow you to repeat a roll within the same message post up to 10 times.  In the WOD games, I think 10 dice is a dice pool maximum value.
  • Success accumulation - For each success, if repetitions are > 1 and target is > 0, it will add up the number of successes and post the result at the bottom.

Now, I don't want to post this publicly, because it is your code after all.  I just tweaked it a little.  So I'll pass it to you in a private message and you can revise it officially if you like the changes.

Regards,

Imp In Training

IP Logged

Carsten
God Member

...to much YaMS

Reply #20 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
@Imp_In_Training - nice. Just seen your mail - will have a look at the additions later...

If you knock your head against a brick wall and hear a hollow sound, it's not necessarily coming from the wall.

IP Logged

mimit

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #21 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
My users cheat the sistem in Dice... they go back in the browser and play again...  Undecided
And some times they are displayed twice in the table points...

IP Logged

LurchBrick

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
G'day all,

I know this mod is quite old but I was wondering if anyone was planning on updating it to work on the latest version of the Yabb software?

Cheers

IP Logged

Imp_In_Training
God Member

too!

Reply #23 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
I've stuck with YaBB 2.1 so I've had no need to update to a newer version.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint