Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Call to our Modwriters (Read 4976 times)
Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Call to our Modwriters
Jun 12th, 2006 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Guys (and Girls),

As you might have noticed I've been roaming the Y2.x boards for great and often very small but effective mods to add to the next release of Y2 (which will be called Y.2.2 and as far as I now now will be the last of the Y2 generation of YaBB's).

I make it a habit to ask modwriters which have written original new code (so not based on parts that are already in Y2.1 reworked elsewhere) for permission to add their mod code to Y2.2 (which also means your nickname, or your real name if you prefer that is added to the credits).

I still have my eye on a few masterpieces floating around of which the base functionality appeals to what I call part of the best spam protected board on earth (and the rest of the galaxy).

So in order to keep my habit of asking modwriters if I could reuse their mod for the next release I want to ask if there are any of you guys out there that specifically object to their mod or parts of it (incl. credits in the admin center) not being used.

If you object to the use of your mod that is OK with me (I will even sort of try not to copy the technical idea if I think this funtion is vital to Y2.2) but I would like to see our very active and talented mod community also contribute to the next release of Y2 as a part of the base package.

After all, if your mod in some form is integrated in the next release this means your talent is converted from optional usage to cannot do without usage and your name will rule the YaBB history as being a contributor for the last of the Y2 series for a long time to come.

Thanks my coding friends,

On behalf of the Y2 team,

Ron

PS
If you want your real name in the credits instead of your nickname, please send me a PM or email.

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

mattcch

Web

Re: Call to our Modwriters
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2007 at 4:09am
Print Post  
hi
nice to meet you
do you help to write a mod for virtual bank features for yabb2.1
as many other forums have this .

thanks you very much in advanced, IT profs
rgds Smiley

matt@syscch.cc

IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
No Matt, I don't Wink

Just do a mod request in the appropriate board and get modwriters enthousiasm for it.

If you tickle their brains long enough one of them will pick up the glove for you.

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Haha good idea to ask the other way around Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1