Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Setting a custom template as your default (Read 1378 times)
arthursdomain

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Setting a custom template as your default
Apr 14th, 2006 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Can someone give me step by step instructions on what is needed to be done to make a custom template  as your default.

What files?
Where they go?
What files need to be replaced/deleted?
What files need to change theyre name?

For some reason, ive changed everything in the template folders to another template (3d black and grey) and it STILL turns out the regular default blue template.  I dont understand how it can, considering most of the files .css and .html files are gone.

???

IP Logged

Kaptin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Re: Setting a custom template as your default
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
From my own experience and just getting started, I found it easier to download the default.html and defualt.css files and keep copies.

Edit those as they are interlinked. I've made changes to mine and it works with the BlackGry template set that's available for YaBB 2.1

I replaced the default.html and default.css files with what came with the template set itself. Making sure the new ones were renamed to default.html & .css

I suck at css and will be spening some time reading some onlie tuts and by trial and error to see what happens when I make the changes I want to create the forum look I want.  I don't have time to get a university degree in this.

For now though I'm not getting rid of my YaBB 1.3.1 Gold

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint