Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Changing Template Design (Read 1403 times)
LemonPoppyseed

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Changing Template Design
Mar 24th, 2006 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I need some help. I recently dropped a phpBB board because of security issues and switched to YABB forums. I want to change the template layout of the forum by my own design. For example the width of the background verses the start of the table. Is there a guide for understanding the template code for YABB 2.1? I realize it is written in PERL, but given a little guidance I can learn anything. Basically I'm a newbie but like I said I can learn anything. Is there a program that can help me edit?

IP Logged

Curtiss Grymala
God Member

YaBB?... Y Not?

Re: Changing Template Design
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 1:50am
Print Post  
I'm guessing you've read this topic already, right?

Other than that, there's not a whole lot more to understand.  The html file sets the main look of the forums, the BoardIndex file sets the look of your forum's front page, MessageIndex sets the look of the page you see when you click on a specific board, Display sets the look of the page you see when you view a topic and HelpCentre sets the look of your help pages.

The pages are mostly written in HTML.  Some of the elements are kind of mixed up (they define the list of buttons at the top of the page, and then use a <yabb> tag to place those buttons in the right place within the template, etc.)

Currently using Y2.3 With no mods (though that will hopefully change, soon).

Click Here To See A List Of All The Mods I've Written
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint