Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sticky Shimmy Shuffle 1.4a  YaBB2 (Read 50494 times)
Dam Yankee
God Member

Re: Sticky Shimmy Shuffle 1.4a  YaBB2
Reply #75 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Jans, I wish I would have seen your post here before I responded to your email. Not cool, dude.  Roll Eyes

AP, your mod works fine on my test board. Maybe you could add a note to the first post in this thread? Just a suggestion.

Jans, reading the corresponding thread before installing mods on production boards might save you a headache in the future. Anyway, if nothing else, maybe consider taking a few dozen deep breaths before making rude posts.  Wink

IP Logged

Jeff
God Member

There are no bugs there
are only features

Reply #76 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Hi Dam Yankee
here a newer version of this mod, but in beta stage,

http://www.boardmod.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=beta_y2;action=display;num=1131550616

greetings
Jeff
IP Logged

jans

Oooops!

Reply #77 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Jans, I wish I would have seen your post here before I responded to your email. Not cool, dude.  Roll Eyes

AP, your mod works fine on my test board. Maybe you could add a note to the first post in this thread? Just a suggestion.

Jans, reading the corresponding thread before installing mods on production boards might save you a headache in the future. Anyway, if nothing else, maybe consider taking a few dozen deep breaths before making rude posts.  Wink

First of all I like to say that my postings here and your reaction on a polite reqeust to you have nothing to do with each other, if you are in the habbit of judging people just by this kinda rubbish I wish you good luck in your future life, you will need it I guess.

That said, I am sorry to overreacted like this, but you have to know that I DID read all that was said here about this mod and even installed the mod on a clean board before adding it to another board which have other mods installed. Well what happened the you can imagine by feeling the anger in my post I previously made.

A totally wrecked board with all posts in that board turned into the same name and content. (which I had worked on so hard to get in, anyone goes over the top at some point, well this was mine)

Again I apologize for my reaction BUT I truly think this mod is not even out of Alpha state if it causes this much problems and can totaly wreck a full board.

Anyway, if installed this mods does nothing whatsoever, the up and down arrows appear but if pressed they don't do a thing, exept after a few times screwing up a board in total.

If and when this mod is really ready and working I would like to have it and use it, but please don't put this kinda cr*p online until it is thourogly tested and ready to go in Beta, mind you not Alpha but Beta.

Astro Pilot, keep up the good work though, I really think you have what it takes but don't rush, it can cause people serious trouble.

IP Logged

Dam Yankee
God Member

Reply #78 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
JetLi... Thank you, but I know where the newer version is. I was suggesting that AP add a note to the first post of this thread, directing people to the newer version.  Smiley

Jans, I would have waited to respond to your email until you'd had a chance to calm down over this (and apologize, if you were going to). I'm not too eager to help people that attack other members on here.

IP Logged

jans

Oooops!

Reply #79 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Jans, I would have waited to respond to your email until you'd had a chance to calm down over this (and apologize, if you were going to). I'm not too eager to help people that attack other members on here.

And as I said I am sorry I overeacted on this one, but here in the Netherlands we are happy we are allowed to say what we want, whenever we want and how we want it, not meaning that we crap on the person but only his work. In our counry we tend to keep work and private life stricktly separated. Just a thought to consider perhaps ?

For me it's over and done with I don't feel any grudge against AP and, as a true gentlemen, have PM him apologizing for my big mouth. It's not that I don't realize I shouldn't have done that, I shurely do realize I was wrong, but when a moderator steps into businesses he or she should know better not to is just too much, I am proud to live in a country where freedom of speech is one of the most appreciated rights and I am darned if let that get taken away from me,  ever, they would have to shoot me ( like Theo van Gogh or Pim Fortuyn ) before that happens.

No one has the right to meddle in discussions between two people just because he or she holds a higher position, ever. In our country it is not done.

Just to inform you, I will continue to post my remarks in a way I feel fit, if you don't like it, block me or remove me as a member, I don't care, but I will not accept you meddling into my posts and basing your willingness to help or not to help depending on if you like a persons posting or not, I hope this is clearly said now.

JanS, signing off Wink

IP Logged

astropilot
God Member

Reply #80 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Check out the first post of this thread.

ap

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..."
Romans 1:16
---
http://www.ssflynn.com
www.flynnfarmsofkentucky.com

IP Logged

mick

I love YaBB

Reply #81 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Hi,

is there a chance to get this great mod for newer
YaBB-Version?

Greetings
Mick

IP Logged

depablo

Reply #82 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
This was a great mod, is this available anywhere for 2.5 ?

depablo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint