Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) AlertMod (Read 6485 times)
Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

AlertMod
Jul 24th, 2005 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Ok - This is my first ever MOD, and my first ever go at PERL!!

Thanks to Astropilot for his tuition and input!!  (and those who helped in the coding board!)

This mod is very similar to Report To Mod.

It will put a clickable link into all posts, allowing users to report a post to a list of users specified in the admin centre.

Guests reporting can be turned on and off.

There is a ban-user list to stop the iritating reporting of stupid things by stupid people!!

The message will be sent by Instant Message AND/OR Email (selected by recipient in user prefs).

This mod has been designed more for my use on a board I look after, so has been tailored for me.  I am sure others can make use of it though!!

I know it works on SP1.4 (and so assume 1.3 also).  I have installed it into 3 boards with no problems, each with several other mods.

I would be greatful if anyone could try this mod on their board to find any bugs (I have tested myself - but you always miss something!!).

Let me know how you get on!!

Thanks again to Astropilot Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2005 at 7:52pm by Martin_W »  

AlertMod_Beta_1.2.zip ( 10 KB | Downloads )
IP Logged

Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Re: AlertMod
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2005 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Only 6 downloads Grin

I want to flood test this  Tongue

Anyone of you 6 members care to offer any advice or critisime(dont correct my speeling!) LOL.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

IP Logged

Xavier

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 2:24am
Print Post  
is it possible to do one for yabb 2

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Not sure about Yabb2 yet - only just getting to grips.

This mod doesn't install on 1.3.1 - tried and failed on two lines........need to look at this.

IP Logged

Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
AMMENDED DOWNLOAD ABOVE

Fixed to work with 1.3 (please double check me Wink

1.4 also didnt work correctly (admin prefs didn't save) - missed a line to mod.

Should be ok now.

IP Logged

Valtiel
God Member

Copy & paste coder

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Well, I would test your mod, but it fails in 7 steps and I'm not in the mood to fix them for an beta mod, would do it if it was final Wink . It's not your fault that there are 7 errors - I have too many mods installed.

Proud copy & paste coder Grin
Admin @ Silent Hill Forum
IP Logged

Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2005 at 7:00am
Print Post  
It would be a final if it would install  Tongue

Cheers anyway - I have insalled it flawlessly on a couple boards - each with several mods (no more that 8 or so).

IP Logged

Valtiel
God Member

Copy & paste coder

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2005 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Not more than 8 - nice... I have 134 mods installed  Grin

Proud copy & paste coder Grin
Admin @ Silent Hill Forum
IP Logged

scaredwitless
God Member

I got nothing

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2006 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Martin - Hope you're still around.  (This is even my first post here in ages too)

This mod is great, I really like it.  I have run into one bug though.  When the mod sends an alert by IM, it puts the new IM at the bottom of the .msg file rather then at the top (which is the normal behavior for my board with Advanced IM mod).

My inbox has A LOT of messages in it, so this is a real pain as I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the alert.  And need less to say when I first tested this, I was REALLY confused, because it showed that I had one new message, but I couldn't find the new message.  It took me a while to realize that it was way down at the bottom.

I know this is now a semi-old mod for an old version of YaBB, but I am still with good old YaBB 1.3.1.

I guess it is just opening the .msg file and appending the message to the end, when it ought to be putting the message at the top and then re-outputing the old messages at the bottom.  Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for such a great mod!

IP Logged

scaredwitless
God Member

I got nothing

Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2006 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Spoke too soon, fixed the bug myself by altering the part of AlertMod.pl that opens the .msg file.  Here's my fixed code so that the alerts go on top of the .msg file rather than the bottom:

Code
Select All
	foreach $entryim (@modlist_im)
     	{$messageid = $^T.$$;
	fopen(FILE, "$memberdir/$entryim.msg");
	@inmessages = <FILE>;
	fclose(FILE);
	fopen(FILE,">$memberdir/$entryim.msg", 1);
	if ($username eq 'Guest') {$complainid = "$alertmod{'36'}"} else {$complainid = "$userprofile{$username}->[1] ($settings[2])"}
	if ($username eq 'Guest') {$complainprof = ""} else {$complainprof = "$alertmod{'25'}:<br>$scripturl?action=viewprofile;username=$username<br><br>"}
	if ( $FORM{'username'} ne 'Guest' ) {
	print FILE "admin|$alertmod{'16'}|$date|$alertmod{'17'}<br><br>$alertmod{'18'}: $complainid<br><br>$alertmod{'19'}: $FORM{'subject'}<br><br>$alertmod{'20'} $FORM{'id'} $alertmod{'21'}.<br><br>$alertmod{'22'}: $FORM{'poster'} rname'}|$messageid|No Point Logging!|1
";
	}else{
	print FILE "admin|$alertmod{'16'}|$date|$alertmod{'17'}<br><br>$alertmod{'18'}: $complainid<br><br>$alertmod{'19'}: $FORM{'subject'}<br><br>$alertmod{'20'} $FORM{'id'} $alertmod{'21'}.<br><br>$alertmod{'22'}: $FORM{'poster'} mod{'27'} $FORM{'poster'}$alertmod{'28'}|$messageid|No Point Logging!|1
";
	}
	print FILE @inmessages;
	fclose(FILE);}

Works like a charm now.  Thanks for the excellent mod, Martin.  I only had three errors on the install, and 2 were just in the adminedit.pl. (they conflicted with the Travel Map mod), and the other error was in admin.pl (conflicted with Notify plus). 

No other bugs to speak of.  Thanks, again.

IP Logged

Martin_W

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Don't thank me - Glad you sorted it!  I had not noticed that bug when I was using it on my old 1.4 forum!

EDIT - just accessed my old forum, and it puts the message at the top in mine Undecided  Must be a conflict with the mod you mentioned.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint