Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Avanced Login Options SP 1.3-1.4 (Read 17245 times)
AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Re: Avanced Login Options SP 1.3-1.4
Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
There is a minor problem with this mod.  This is not a bug because it is standard behaviour in YaBB, but this mod is not standard so it is an issue for users.

In YaBB when you logout whilst within a board, the action is called from within the board so the URL you are left with includes the board path.  This is not an issue normally in that you can only login again by hitting the button which calls the shared login screen which is called in the boardindex/root of the board, or you navigate back to the root of the board and login using the fields at the bottom.

With ALO this is not the case, and when I try to login again I am given an error because I am trying to login within the context of the board I was last looking at and as a guest I have no rights to call any actions on that board.  I have to get round this by pressing the "Home" button to clear the reference to the board I was last on from my address, and then using the ALO login forms.

Is there any way whan you hit the ALO logout button that it logs you aout and take you back to the home page of the board?  Can the action of logging out also run <a href="$scripturl">?

Edited:
  The other way to do it would be to run the feril login script always in the context of the forum root rather than the context of the board, but that may be more difficult to achieve?

Gus
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:34pm by AngusCS »  

YaBB 2.1 - YAMMS - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal Y2 - CPR beta - YaBB 2 Backup Beta - GreetPlus beta Version - RUL Y2 - Skype_VOIP
YaBB 2.2.1 - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal - RUL - Advanced mail Notify - Back to Top - Users Today
IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Ok, I thought I meantioned this in a previous reply but I guess not.

MEMBERS link is not a bug nor a feature. YaBB with no mods installed at all does not check if a user is a guest or not. It displays the member link to everyone.

In response to the other things:
I'll ad an option to Hide the register button from the tags.
I'll fix the problem with the table alignment with the <br>$nbsc; like you suggested, that should keep it all uniform. By the way, I know thats the wrong code for a space I'll get the right code later, just threw it in for now.
I also noticed the login and register greetings and was looking into doing something about it. Unfortunately, there are several mods that affect that region already and things get complicated with compatibility issues. I'll see what I can figure out.

@Angus
That replace code you showed is based on code in the bugged versions Wink If you use that and you check the option in admin panel, guests will see the members link again as well as any other link in the else { } brackets Wink Put memberslist link in the updated mods if($username ne 'Guest') { } that says if user is not a guest.

Edited:
Ok just noticed your last post Angus. I can't recreate that bug. I tried logging out while in the admin panel and loggin in and it takes you back to the nearest guest area when you log out and I logged in fine. Also, I tried logging out and typing in the address to the admin panel and logged in fine as well. Unless of course your refering to a compatibilty with yet another mod like MBCO wich allows you to hide boards and other things depending on membergroups. Have you tried replacing the action="$cgi;action=logout" with action="$scripturl;action=logout" I'm not familiar with the differance in those so don't know if that would work. I'll look into it.

One should never criticize his own work except in a fresh and hopeful mood.
The self-criticism of a tired mind is suicide.
- Charles Horton Cooley

Quoted that from the YaBB SP 1.3.1 Subs.pl file! Wink
IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
@Queen_Feril

Thanks for your time.  You are correct, logging out from the admin page is okay, but when you log out from within a board it leaves the board name in the address in yr address bar, and the login script tries to complete it's action on the address you have in yr address bar and errors out.

Edited:
   I tried this on yr 1.3.2 board and did not have the problem.  I can only assume this is because the board I am logging in from is a board that guests have righte on.  You would probably be able to re-create the problem if you created another category, and made it only useable by members, and then logged out of that one and tried logging in again???

Gus

YaBB 2.1 - YAMMS - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal Y2 - CPR beta - YaBB 2 Backup Beta - GreetPlus beta Version - RUL Y2 - Skype_VOIP
YaBB 2.2.1 - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal - RUL - Advanced mail Notify - Back to Top - Users Today
IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #18 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Ok, i went into my News board and then logged out fine. Then logged back in fine and it used http://www.runesource.com/cgi-bin/feril/testforum/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=logi...

Can you make a me a test account and provide me a link so I can see what and where its happening?

- Charles Horton Cooley

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 2:45am
Print Post  
I have IM'd you details for a test account.  I have used it to test that the problem I am seeing is there, so you should be able to see what I mean.

Cheers Gus

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #20 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 8:14am
Print Post  
@Queen Feril

Your answer at reply #16 was correct.  I have fixed the issue by changing your logout action to read the following:

In your code in subs.pl [search for]="$cgi;action=logout [/search for]

[replace]="$scripturl?board=;action=logout[/replace]

This then runs the logout action on the home page so takes you back to the home page on logout and means that any user (now a guest while they login) can run the login action.

Edited:
 This means that you won't see what I mean if you use the account I have given you so I will delete it again.

Good call.
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2005 at 9:39am by AngusCS »  

IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Ok, I updated the zip in the first post in this thread with the fixex for everything so far except the greeting menu.

I added a menuitems compatible mod file.
I fixed the alignment link for OACR when the register link is missing.
I added an option to show/hide the Register buttons for admins.
I fixed the bug with logging out for people who disslow guests from doing anything but logging in. (All mod files)

As for making modifications to the greeting menu, I'm not going to mess with that. OACR Automaticly removes the register link from this greeting when its enabled. There are about 15 other mods that modify this yabb tag as well. So to avoid problems later I'll just leave it alone.

If you'd like to edit the greeting menu yourself simply search for the yyuname tag in subs.pl and edit it to your liking.

Exact code to search for with a fresh yabb installed:
Code
Select All
	$yyuname = $username eq 'Guest' ? qq~$txt{'248'} $txt{'28'}. $txt{'249'} <a href="$cgi;action=login">$txt{'34'}</a> $txt{'377'} <a href="$cgi;action=register">$txt{'97'}</a>.~ : qq~$txt{'247'} $realname, ~ ;

The $txt{'#'}'s are defined in the language file.  

Exact code to search for with OCAR installed:
Code
Select All
		$yyuname = qq~$txt{'248'} $txt{'28'}. $txt{'249'} <a href="$cgi;action=login">$txt{'34'}</a>~;

If you need a little more help then that, I'm me.

- Charles Horton Cooley

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Can't ask for much more.

Works with Boardmod, and works with my board.  You have fixed all my requests and it does the biz.

Thanks il Regina

Gus

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #23 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Noticed that the logout button in the main menu is still acting on $cgi, not $scripturl.  Default YaBB behaviour, but I have changed your code in Subs.pl step 12 of the OACR version. (For my board).

<search>
           if ($AdvLoginOption3 != 1) { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=logout">$img{'logout'}</a>~; }
</search>

<replace>
           if ($AdvLoginOption3 != 1) { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=logout">$img{'logout'}</a>~; }
</replace>

IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #24 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Ya i only changed it in my logout boxes, prolly shoulda changed it there too. Updated the original zip in the first post in this thread with what I hope is the final update. Menu logout will work with all mod files now. I think I like yabb returning you to the home page when you log out better anyways.

- Charles Horton Cooley

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #25 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Works for me - Go Final!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint